Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

that article details the reasons why so many people hate NE so much

Can you imagine American sports fans hating Mahomes and Reid if the Chiefs won 3 of the next 4 Super Bowls? Or if Peyton Manning had won a few more titles, would everyone have hated him and Dungy?

Of course not. It's the DOCUMENTED CHEATING combined with timely BS calls AND the "undisputable GOAT" talk that makes so many of us sick. 

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

He actually made the comment today that there was "no evidence" that they cheated.  Didn't the Pats* basically admit to doing it in their own statement?  I can't believe anyone would defend them at this point besides some of their own stupid bandwagon fans, let alone someone in Buffalo.

I know and the counter argument to his take. There is no evidence that they didn’t cheat. Their own statement admits to breaking the rule (claiming ignorance as a reason, try that in court). And history shows they do cheat. 

• Like (+1) 1

It is really disgusting that the NFL allows NE to keep on cheating. The corruption runs so deep. At the very least, how is still Kraft one of the three owners who decides Goodell's salary? How is Kraft not punished at all for his prostitution scandal when players are punished for not football matters all the time? How can anyone believe that Belicheat had no idea this was going on when he is literally the most detailed coach that I have ever seen in any sport? Furthermore, the previous spygate scandal revealed that "The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you're filming the quarterbacks. Or the kickers. Or footage for a team show." I mean seriously, this is such a joke and really disheartening because I am a huge Bills fan but can't stand this league and what they stand for. 

I'm confused on the event that flipped people from wondering about what's in the tape to "it's obvious that this specific event was belichick collecting signs on the sideline disguised as a kraft employee, and not only is this obvious, but it's also obvious that the NFL is covering it up"

I missed something? As far as I know we know as much as we did when the initial reports came down, and no ruling has come in from the league yet?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-had-wild-backup-plan-in-place-to-avoid-forfeit-against-patriots-if-equipment-didnt-show-up/amp/

"The Chiefs almost wore helmets belonging to a high school team on Sunday...

When the Chiefs equipment went missing before their game in New England on Sunday, it was a lot bigger deal than most people thought, and that's because the Chiefs would have been required to forfeit to the Patriots if the equipment didn't show up before the game's kickoff, which was scheduled for 4:25 p.m. ET. "

Edited by Camisado
Revised

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28265914/patriots-bill-belichick-denies-involvement-videographer-caught-taping-bengals-sideline

13 minutes ago, Camisado said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-had-wild-backup-plan-in-place-to-avoid-forfeit-against-patriots-if-equipment-didnt-show-up/amp/

"The Chiefs almost wore helmets belonging to a high school team on Sunday...

When the Chiefs equipment went missing before their game in New England on Sunday, it was a lot bigger deal than most people thought, and that's because the Chiefs would have been required to forfeit to the Patriots if the equipment didn't show up before the game's kickoff, which was scheduled for 4:25 p.m. ET. "

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing highly bizzare?  Since when do NFL team equipment managers not have a manifest and check every equipment chest that comes off the plane against it?

Still I'm glad to know they had a backup plan

18 minutes ago, arcane said:

I'm confused on the event that flipped people from wondering about what's in the tape to "it's obvious that this specific event was belichick collecting signs on the sideline disguised as a kraft employee, and not only is this obvious, but it's also obvious that the NFL is covering it up"

I missed something? As far as I know we know as much as we did when the initial reports came down, and no ruling has come in from the league yet?

When reports surfaced that the tape was of the Bengals sideline the entire first quarter despite the fact that the interview of the scout, which was the reason for said Patriots employee to be in the box in the first place, was over before the game even started.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, arcane said:

To me it doesn't matter if Belichick was collecting signs to use it against the Bengals. His organization did something clearly stated as illegal in filming the opponents sidelines. Those independent contractors are hired by the NE organization to do a job. They were carrying out directives from NE. Whether it is a video for their website or whatever doesn't matter. They were filming the opponents sidelines. On top of that, these same excuses made by NE were stated as protocol if they ever got caught filming during spygate part 1. I mean how much more evidence do you need that they are clearly in the wrong?   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My take? Since One Bills Live is basically "state radio," Murphy can't say anything that suggests actual cheating goes on in the league. Because if he says it, it's basically the Bills calling out the NFL. Gotta defend the Shield, you know.

I see your point. But there also might be the perception of the Bills calling out the Pats*, which is not a good look, under present circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, KauaiBuffaloSports said:

To me it doesn't matter if Belichick was collecting signs to use it against the Bengals. His organization did something clearly stated as illegal in filming the opponents sidelines. Those independent contractors are hired by the NE organization to do a job. They were carrying out directives from NE. Whether it is a video for their website or whatever doesn't matter. They were filming the opponents sidelines. On top of that, these same excuses made by NE were stated as protocol if they ever got caught filming during spygate part 1.  I mean how much more evidence do you need that they are clearly in the wrong?   

I don’t think it takes any more evidence, since they ADMITTED it! 

Cowherd defends the Pats and said they are great regardless. He used the analogy that even if Warren Buffet were found guilty of insider trading in one incident, it doesn’t mean that he’s still not brilliant. Quite true, Colin, YET HE STILL GOES TO JAIL!  Cheat, and pay the price. It’s not about how many SB’s they would have won without cheating, it’s about the cheating. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Cowherd defends the Pats and said they are great regardless. He used the analogy that even if Warren Buffet were found guilty of insider trading in one incident, it doesn’t mean that he’s still not brilliant. Quite true, Colin, YET HE STILL GOES TO JAIL!  Cheat, and pay the price. It’s not about how many SB’s they would have won without cheating, it’s about the cheating. 

Cowherd should analyze his comparison more to if Buffet was found to have made all of his big bets on insider trading. The Chiefs equipment was rerouted was not a mistake, a bag going wrong happens- so many large cases is intentionally done.

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

yea- but they were punished.

and if they cheated here they’ll likely be punished. But just because buffet once did it doesn’t mean you throw the book at him without investigation or fair process. 

The Bills better board a C-5 to go to Boston on in two Saturday’s. Make sure the players carry their own equipment on and off the plane like we did ours getting on and off the bus in high school.

It would be even funnier to see the Bills board the plane and get off it dressed in their uniforms.....take no chances against the Patriots!

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

yea- but they were punished.

and if they cheated here they’ll likely be punished. But just because buffet once did it doesn’t mean you throw the book at him without investigation or fair process. 

Yes, they were punished LAST TIME. Of course you need due process. My point is, it doesn't’ matter how great you have been or what your reputation is. If Martha Stewart is guilty, she will pay a price.

The fact is, if the Patriots are innocent here, I don’t even WANT them to be punished. Just let them fall apart slowly and naturally. Because of the history, I think it may be more than smoke, but time will (maybe) tell.  The league has a lot to lose if they are found to be guilty again. I would not want to be in that position, but I think Roger is adequately compensated to deal with the headache. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Chiefs equipment was rerouted was not a mistake, a bag going wrong happens- so many large cases is intentionally done.

Not so fast.

Th gear is put into very large aluminum cargo containers. The containers are loaded and locked down.

It was, more than likely, not a bunch of bags. It was one large cargo container on a 767.

Given the city pairs, I'm guessing it was a United charter.

The airplane left Boston, probably empty, without the normal baggage check on departure, and went to Newark to get integrated into the system.

Edited by sherpa

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, they were punished LAST TIME. Of course you need due process. My point is, it doesn't’ matter how great you have been or what your reputation is. If Martha Stewart is guilty, she will pay a price.

The fact is, if the Patriots are innocent here, I don’t even WANT them to be punished. Just let them fall apart slowly and naturally. Because of the history, I think it may be more than smoke, but time will (maybe) tell.  The league has a lot to lose if they are found to be guilty again. I would not want to be in that position, but I think Roger is adequately compensated to deal with the headache. 

Yeah except when Roger's compensation is partially determined by 3 owners and one of them is the party being investigated!

4 minutes ago, KauaiBuffaloSports said:

Yeah except when Roger's compensation is partially determined by 3 owners and one of them is the party being investigated!

And that is where the “(maybe)’ entered the picture. I’m hopeful that the Bengals still have the original and that ALL the owners weigh in on this.

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not so fast.

Th gear is put into very large aluminum cargo containers. The containers are loaded and locked down.

It was, more than likely, not a bunch of bags. It was one large cargo container on a 767.

Given the city pairs, I'm guessing it was a United charter.

The airplane left Boston, probably empty, without the normal baggage check on departure, and went to Newark to get integrated into the system.

Are you saying the bags were left on the plane and never removed from plane? I had assumed they came off plane and flew on another. Obviously your way is possible as an accident but then the KC equipment person is likely already fired.