Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

or wake them up in the middle of the night with fire alarms

I would assume that's a Pats* fan setting off the fire alarms rather than a Kraft employee.  But while we are in speculation mode, and for fun, I wonder what role NE had with the missing helmet and equipment bags this last week.  KC was about 2 hours away from needing to forfeit.  What are the chances Kraft paid some airport bag handler to throw a tarp over the other bags and say "you've got all of them".

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

1 minute ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

I would assume that's a Pats* fan setting off the fire alarms rather than a Kraft employee.  But while we are in speculation mode, and for fun, I wonder what role NE had with the missing helmet and equipment bags this last week.  KC was about 2 hours away from needing to forfeit.  What are the chances Kraft paid some airport bag handler to throw a tarp over the other bags and say "you've got all of them".

To keep this thought experiment going, even though they didn't need to forfeit, think of how it affected Chiefs in terms of game day preparation. The stress, the lack of warming up, the disruption of game day habits. The game might not have been so close. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hear John Murphy on One Bills Live coming to the Patriots Defense two days in a row. 

Makes you raise your eyebrows. 

14 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

To keep this thought experiment going, even though they didn't need to forfeit, think of how it affected Chiefs in terms of game day preparation. The stress, the lack of warming up, the disruption of game day habits. The game might not have been so close. 

Makes you raise your eyebrows

Now he is joking around making off hand comments to Tre picking up the pictures and laughing I hate this show more and more 

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hear John Murphy on One Bills Live coming to the Patriots Defense two days in a row. 

I'm sure he also wants to be careful - in his line of work he may be looking for any kind of work from any other NFL team someday, wants to keep all his options open

Bill Belichick is really annoyed about continued SpyGate 2.0 questions

Bill Belichick is annoyed. That alone isn’t shocking, since that’s his default mood when he speaks with the media, but this time the New England Patriots head coach is annoyed that he’s getting questions about SpyGate 2.0. The NFL is continuing to investigate the Patriots’ video crew that filmed sideline footage of the Cincinnati Bengals last Sunday, as well as the claims that Belichick and the football operations department had no knowledge of what they were doing.

:worthy:  :worthy:  

EDIT 

Wait WHAT??? 

Did he mention Buffalo Next Week?  (he did) 

Is Bill looking ahead???? 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I guess we’ll see. You bring up good points, and I don’t disagree that on paper it seems like those picks and punishment are severe. To most teams it would be catastrophic. But with the Cheats, it’s usually 30-32 in each round. Yes, still a pick, but contrary to popular belief, Belichick is not a great drafter. Belichick is better on the pro-personnel evaluations in my opinion. That’s where he nabs guys like Welker, Van Noy, Amendola, and on and on. Unspectacular players that come alive under his tutelage. Plus, if they really are cheating and pushing the envelope as much as alleged, that minimizes the impact of any forfeited draft picks or other personnel mistakes.  

It's not the NFL's fault the Pats miss on more picks than they hit on.  Another option they have besides fines and draft picks are suspensions.  They suspended Brady one game.  Sean Peyton was suspended a year for bountygate.  Depending on how much steam this story picks up, a suspension for Belichick isn't out of the questions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where did Wire say that this morning?  I could only find the tweet form "rod francis", a guy who looks like he follows the NHL and "Bills" from Montreal.

Now players were paying "cleaning ladies" to let them into opposing team players' rooms to see if they "accidentally" left playbooks in the trash?

If you haven't read this https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart you really should.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He actually made the comment today that there was "no evidence" that they cheated.  Didn't the Pats* basically admit to doing it in their own statement?  I can't believe anyone would defend them at this point besides some of their own stupid bandwagon fans, let alone someone in Buffalo.

30 minutes ago, sven233 said:

He actually made the comment today that there was "no evidence" that they cheated.  Didn't the Pats* basically admit to doing it in their own statement?  I can't believe anyone would defend them at this point besides some of their own stupid bandwagon fans, let alone someone in Buffalo.

My take? Since One Bills Live is basically "state radio," Murphy can't say anything that suggests actual cheating goes on in the league. Because if he says it, it's basically the Bills calling out the NFL. Gotta defend the Shield, you know.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My take? Since One Bills Live is basically "state radio," Murphy can't say anything that suggests actual cheating goes on in the league. Because if he says it, it's basically the Bills calling out the NFL. Gotta defend the Shield, you know.

Tasker hasn't had much of a problem saying it on the same show, though.  He's not as strong as others in saying it, but he isn't saying it is a non-issue or no big deal.  It's just Murphy saying it is nothing and to basically forget everything.

• Like (+1) 1