Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That's not enough.

The NFL needs to send a message or else it happens again.

The slap on the wrist punishment never helps anything long term. 

they are not going to. Goodell has one thing in his mind always do just enough to get it off the news cycle and protect the shield. 

I expect a report saying nothing on it. (No tape Released). A fine and a loss of a late round draft Pick. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, jrober38 said:

You're probably right. 

they are already setting it up with the leaks of no bid sanctions expected. 

I see a statement from the NFL going with the same Patriots Mouthpiece Schefter and saying a Mis Communication. Nothing was on the tape for a competitive advantage, tape subsequently destroyed and never released. A Fine and maybe the loss of a mid round pick (of course in a round they already have multiple in). 

and some money going to Bengals via Kraft to ensure they never leak the tape either 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, MAJBobby said:

On the Sidelines. 

again NOTHING in the rule book about from the Pressbox where the advance Scouts are allowed to sit two weeks before the game. 

that is how the rule reads. You cannot video from certain areas. Nothing in the rules about the advance scouts from the press box. 

that was the SpyGate problem they were videoing from the sideline with a high powered mic and piping it into the offensive booth

Apparently, the Pats* disagree with you.

From their own statement:

"WE understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box."

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

That's not enough.

The NFL needs to send a message or else it happens again.

The slap on the wrist punishment never helps anything long term. 

They are in a tough spot. Any public lynching is a blemish on the entire league and the last 20 years. I think he has to go away somewhat quietly for the sake of the league. The 31 other teams will get the point. 

As for the Peter King stance, I think he said it has to be adjudicated quickly. He used the quote “all’s well that ends”, not necessarily ends well, but it must end. Do NOT let it linger. That doesn’t necessarily mean sweeping it under the rug. Now, might that happen? Of course. But in my mind Belichick needs to go away. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

well, now NE will get all mad at the world and win the Super Bowl again

also on the "why the Bengals?" topic... 

When you get arrogant you get sloppy. Happens all the time. 

Everything has pretty much worked out for NE seemingly forever now, so they got comfortable again, got sloppy, and got caught. 

18 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It would be unprecedented for the NFL to remove an owner.

This could happen in the NBA where they actually give a damn about their image, but the NFL is hell bent on protecting its owners. 

That's for sure. This is the thing that should set the precedent, though. Kraft isn't going to magically change his ways. Now is the time.

31 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It would be unprecedented for the NFL to remove an owner.

This could happen in the NBA where they actually give a damn about their image, but the NFL is hell bent on protecting its owners. 

Didn't the NFL just push out the Panthers owner?  I heard there was some truth to that, albeit behind the scenes

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

the latest developments sound like the league is likely to believe the Patriots' explanation and nothing will happen, aside from everyone knowing once again that they are cheating scum. But no league penalty!

Bengals should release the video if that's true and nothing happens

Frustration = https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/report-severe-sanctions-unlikely-in-spygate-2/

19 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

well, now NE will get all mad at the world and win the Super Bowl again

also on the "why the Bengals?" topic... 

When you get arrogant you get sloppy. Happens all the time. 

Everything has pretty much worked out for NE seemingly forever now, so they got comfortable again, got sloppy, and got caught. 

Also, regarding "why the Bengals?," really the question would be, "why not the Bengals?" It would be an odd set of circumstances if, after the entire season, the Bengals were the only team they spied on. If they've been caught in week 14, they've been doing it all season. And, as bad as the Bengals are, it isn't a meaningless, December game. There are many implications for the Pats* in this game, and the will leave no stone unturned.

I didn't read through the whole thread but I don't understand why there aren't major sanctions. Pats have been caught doing this multiple times, and the NFL has had every chance to re-write their rules to dissuade this type of practice.

If this isn't breaking any rules then the NFL should have to answer for it. Pats should have to forfeit draft picks at the very least.