Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Say When... said:

this.

in my job i bring in contingent workforce to manage the ebbs and flow of our business, during a recent merger i had 350 contractors working under the direction of my management team, not for one minute is my company (or even me/my management team) indemnified of any negative acts or wrongdoing of those resources internally or externally, we are held responsible. Sure they are easier to offload than an FTE (Full Time Employee) as it's a contract and that's why we operate "bubble staff" in these cases.

Their work is directly managed and compensated by the company they are contracted to, they are tied in ethical conduct, or lack thereof.

This is my experience with contractors as well.  The only way it would be different is if they were part of an NFL Films work crew or some other 3rd party.

It's a good story, but it doesn't absolve them of any responsibility.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, arcane said:

Because the investigation is still ongoing. They'll release it if something shady happens.

Maybe.  The NFL may be threatening them with some sort of penalty if they do release it.  Maybe they could release it unofficially through an anonymous leak.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only way the NFL can make this go away is release the tape. Without releasing it any statement from them is going to be looked at skeptically because of them destroying all the Tapes from SpyGate. 

The actual content of the tape is pretty much irrelevant, assuming it is in fact a tape of the Bengals' sideline during the game.  What matters is who, if anyone, instructed the crew to videotape the Bengals' sideline and what they were asked to do with the tape.  And if it is a tape of the Bengals' sideline during a game, which would potentially contain competitively useful information, it will not be released to the general public.   

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

This all leads me to believe the Flutie headset story is true.

it certainly was, ever see the first BB a football life?  there's a fluid segment where Brady is snapping the ball while BB is yelling "Pass, Pass" into the mic.

and we're confident we'll win walking into Gillette, i shudder to think of all the advantages they've setup over the years, Mics in locker rooms, the big screens positioned behind the visitors, cameras focused areas of the field and while the NFL is responsible for comms don't think for one moment the Pats*** don't have their own system installed, piping wifi to tablets, etc.

not sure i'd be more pissed or interested if the full truth ever came out on just how far they've gone, i'm sure there's some ingenious tactics at play, stuff you'd never think of and how much it it all actually cost, equipment, resources, time, hush $$, etc.  that's definitely a book i would read.

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Doesn't the NFL control those frequencies? Not the home team/stadium? And what does this have to do with that lmao 

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The lengths the Patriots go through to cheat.  Has everything to do with everything.

and as i understand it the league took control of comms shortly after that story coming out (and all the comm problems documented @ Gillette), prior it was the responsibility of the home team to use the NFL encryption/coding/frequency standards.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

This all leads me to believe the Flutie headset story is true.

Yeah, why would he make that up? 

What would opposing players step outside of the locker room to speak freely? They cannot be trusted to play by the same rules as everyone else. 

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, but we’ll never see the rest of the story. 

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Say When... said:

it certainly was, ever see the first BB a football life?  there's a fluid segment where Brady is snapping the ball while BB is yelling "Pass, Pass" into the mic.

and we're confident we'll win walking into Gillette, i shudder to think of all the advantages they've setup over the years, Mics in locker rooms, the big screens positioned behind the visitors, cameras focused areas of the field and while the NFL is responsible for comms don't think for one moment the Pats*** don't have their own system installed, piping wifi to tablets, etc.

not sure i'd be more pissed or interested if the full truth ever came out on just how far they've gone, i'm sure there's some ingenious tactics at play, stuff you'd never think of and how much it it all actually cost, equipment, resources, time, hush $$, etc.  that's definitely a book i would read.

Peyton Manning believed the visitor's locker room was bugged and would not have conversations about the gameplan in the locker room.  I think it was in the Spygate book.

I wouldn't doubt that they've come up with all sorts of ways to cheat over the years.  If they cheated their way to their initial success and all they lost was a draft pick and some money, why would they stop?  They would just come up with better ways to accomplish their goal.

All I know is that when this is all said and done, if the Pats* get nothing, or just a slap on the wrist yet again, the tape better be released.  If that happens and the tape is not released and is destroyed again with this all being swept under the rug, then we know for sure, which we all do know already, that this entire thing is WAY worse than what has been let on over the last 20 years.

It may not seem like much on the surface, but if this is covered up again, we know that it's BAD.....like REALLY BAD.  If it's no big deal, then just release the tape and it all goes away.  Simple as that.

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

The actual content of the tape is pretty much irrelevant, assuming it is in fact a tape of the Bengals' sideline during the game.  What matters is who, if anyone, instructed the crew to videotape the Bengals' sideline and what they were asked to do with the tape.  And if it is a tape of the Bengals' sideline during a game, which would potentially contain competitively useful information, it will not be released to the general public.   

without releasing the tape the NFL cannot squash this. And “for the good of the shield” Goodell will do what he did with all the SpyGate tapes. 

if there is Nothing to this release the tape it goes away. Say there is nothing in it and destroy the tape it will NOT go away. 

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

Doesn't the NFL control those frequencies? Not the home team/stadium? And what does this have to do with that lmao 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think the home team is responsible and not the league.

The coordinator controls frequency-dependent traffic for technology used by media, coaches, players, game officials, medical personnel and others. Three days: The home team tests and certifies that its playing field complies with NFL requirements on hardness, infill depth, evenness and other factors.

17 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

There's no way the NFL is going to give the Bengals permission to release that tape. No way, no how. 

Now if the Bengals have someone brave enough to leak the tape in defiance of the NFL, that's another story. 

If these accusations are true, which they look like they are and NE has a long history of cheating and getting caught, this is the perfect situation for the Bengals to be defiant of the NFL. Especial if they try and bury the story. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think the home team is responsible and not the league.

I'm almost positive when Tomlin tried to make a big deal out of this, it was shown that the Pats, nor any other home NFL team, have anything to do with the headsets, it's the NFL itself 

• Like (+1) 1