Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I agree - the question is is the penalty a Kraft-centered fine, perhaps with a loss of a draft pick, or is Belichick done in the NFL, or somewhere in between? Everyone is assuming the latter has to be the right case before we know anything more, while I'd just like to wait and see.

Obviously just my opinion but bill is safe probably because of the independent contractor part. The league would have to prove somehow he was involved at some point.
The organization is still responsible and can be penalized since its Krafts media stuff. So money and draft picks. Not much else they can do I don’t think. The league and owners could pressure Kraft behind the scenes to sell the team but I don’t think they can make him without proving he’s directly involved. Those guys are extremely smart I will give them that. 

There's no way in hell that Ole Bill didn't know what was happening.  The man is meticulous to a fault.  At this point it doesn't even matter.  31 fan bases are all talking about this, twitter is well, twitter, and the NFL and the commissioner need to be out in front of it.  They admitted it, finding out the why, the how, and the who isn't nearly as important as to the shield that Goddell so fondly speaks of.

How do you win 6 SB in 20 years.. Easy, cheat!

Tim-

16 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Illegal Patriots video reportedly shows Bengals coaching signals, cameraman wanted to delete footage

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/

Step 1 

Say it is for a Do your Job movie

Step 2

If they don't believe you  - Destroy the evidence

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Maybe not need but it certainly helps. Lance Armstrong was really good at riding a bike but he took steroids anyways. 

And if he didn't take them he would not have dominated for so long and would not have been considered the best ever (before being caught)

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 47m47 minutes ago

So @OScandrick just said on @TheHerd that the rumor around the league is the Patriots have people go to the visiting team hotel and do a sweep of the hotel in case they can find any game plan, playbook, etc. stuff laying around, and bring it to the team if they do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Most interesting part of that article:

One other interesting fact from the incident is that the one member of the Patriots video crew actually tried to get rid of the video. According to ESPN.com, the cameraman who took the video for the Patriots asked NFL security if he could delete the footage and have the whole situation be forgotten, but instead, the league ended up confiscating the video. As things currently stand, the league and the Bengals are the only two entities with a copy of the video.

exactly. If he was just doing what was perfectly normal, no need to delete anything. It's shady as *****. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Obviously just my opinion but bill is safe probably because of the independent contractor part. The league would have to prove somehow he was involved at some point.
The organization is still responsible and can be penalized since its Krafts media stuff. So money and draft picks. Not much else they can do I don’t think. The league and owners could pressure Kraft behind the scenes to sell the team but I don’t think they can make him without proving he’s directly involved. Those guys are extremely smart I will give them that. 

I think it's all in the tapes. There's no way Bill isn't involved if it's explicit signal stealing. There's no way he is involved if it was an intern camera *****-up - then, like Pats fans are upset about, we can just laugh at how idiotic and incompetent Kraft is (they hate him) 

20 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What competitive advantage would you realistically gain by videotaping a team that is at the bottom of the league?   

Thats an overly simplistic view of why they do these things. They are systemic and procedural in how they approach opponents. Every week is about gaining the edge now, next week, next month, next year. I can't fault that. What I can fault is setting out to systematically do "whatever" it takes to gain that edge. All NFL teams are trying to gain an edge, and they all have smart people working for them.  I don't believe that NE gains the edge whenever they need it over all these teams, in a 20 year period, because they focus on the right things and others don't. They are not so much smarter than everyone else, especially in the FA era. You can be better than people for a short period, in the long run to keep dominating over years is fishy to say the least. Too many scandals going back to the beginning.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

I hope they lose their entire 2020 draft, including any compensatory picks, and get fined a couple mill. This isn't like it's the first time this has happened.  

That punishment would be equivalent to a mean look from your mom.  

Aka nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

If nothing else, hopefully all the controversy and drama surrounding them will play in the Bills favor come time for the N.E. and Bills game. I must say, as much as I despise that franchise and everything about it, this is just delightful to watch. Really brings into question of why they've been so dominant for so long. Crash and burn baby, crash and burn!!!

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Of course they do. Nothing to see here.

Un. *****. Believable.

Total BS. I believe in OJ's innocence over BB not knowing what was going on. Nothing in that organization goes on without his approval. The argument that BB's too smart to do something so brazen that he'd get caught is only half right. He knows there will be no real consequences if he's caught. He's won too many Super Bowls, he's too much of a focus on the NFL 100 celebrations, he's reached Landry/Lombardi status. Another slap on the wrist for the NFL's lovable version of JR Ewing.

18 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

With deflategate, this would make it the third time the Patriots have been CAUGHT cheating. The Patriots during their Superbowl years have constantly bent the rules, by using loopholes in the rulebook, in which rules have to be changed in the offseason. Also, I like how visiting teams headsets/electronics mysteriously stop working at Gillette stadium during games. Goodell and the NFL need to "man up" and punish the Patriots hard on this one...no fines, no draft picks taken away...make Kraft sell the team (between getting arrested for soliciting sex at a massage parlor and his production company illegally filming the Bengals), Belichek suspended for life and the Patriots banned from the postseason this year.

Caught being the key word.  Think of the HUBDDREDS of other ways they also cheat

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

So some random guy just decides to film the sideline on his own? What was he going to do with the footage then, just keep it for himself? gimme a break, BB knew wtf was going on

Not just a random guy...a "Kraft Productions" employee. 

• Like (+1) 1

The same exact tactic they're already known for using. 

Ernie Adams is BB's fall guy. 

There should be an indefinite suspension for this, but I doubt that happens.

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

But not a Patriots** employee!  :rolleyes:

Nope.. He was an “independent contractor” 

Not technically an employee. They can terminate his contract but can’t fire him per se. Lol I’m just giving you a hard time but that’s actually how they’re classifying the guy. 
They should check his W-2 and see how much this independent contractor makes filming low budget website documentaries ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1