Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Max nailed it.

Definitely Orlovsky sounded like an idiot and Stephen A. sounded like a guy who just wants to watch the world burn.

13 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The camera operator was also wearing BRUINS gear, not PATRIOTS gear. Not sure if that means anything - but that fact is getting lost in almost every report. 

What a brilliant disguise. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna love hearing the excuses from the Patriots and their fans on this one. "They were filming for the "do your job" series," "It was a rogue employee," "Someone intentionally wore something that was Boston sports team related, started filming, just to get the Patriots in trouble," "the Patriots employee had a mancrush on one of the Bengals coaches."

38 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People calling for Belicheck to be banned are not going to get their wish. If the NFL took such a severe step and banned a coach that had 6 super bowls over two decades, would be a huge black eye to the league and undermine the confidence the public has in the league, the commissioner and the idea of games being fixed.  It would wipe out nearly a 20 year period of dominance by one team, an entire generation of football fans will have felt cheated for 20 years. The NFL would never fully recover 

Imagine the implications that Vegas has? Or other owners?

If this turns out to be spygate 2.0 (and im not sure it will) expect a suspension at most for Belicheck. Heavy fines, loss of draft picks ect.

Vacating wins? This isnt college football. Bans? Extremely unlikey.

I made a similar point earlier in the thread.  The NFL just can't afford to let the details get out.  It would be the worst scandal in sports history and potentially ruin the NFL.

I could see a superficial punishment of fines, draft picks, etc, but not likely to see anything beyond that publicly.  Maybe Belichick will surprisingly retire after the season with a wink and a nod.

After reading the report of spygate.  It was so systemic that there is no way they would stop cold Turkey.  Does it matter?  Imo, no.  They cant score enough points.  Barring a string of TO and a special teams TD, Buffalo goes into NE and beats them.  

Edited by Mat68

17 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Gonna love hearing the excuses from the Patriots and their fans on this one. "They were filming for the "do your job" series," "It was a rogue employee," "Someone intentionally wore something that was Boston sports team related, started filming, just to get the Patriots in trouble," "the Patriots employee had a mancrush on one of the Bengals coaches."

Take a peek at the Patsfan forum "They weren't even Patriot employees - they were employees of Kraft Productions!"  :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Max nailed it.

And just when I thought I couldn’t dislike Steven a smith even more he had to open his mouth. I don’t even mind the other guys take of well maybe so maybe not with cheating but Steven a is saying they are and have been cheating so what. why aren’t the other teams cheating then? It’s their fault for also not breaking the rules. That’s the point you want to make? Like really? This is why the nfl has to come in and do something and end this bull####. 

• Like (+1) 1

It does not matter is Billy knew anything about the filming or not. If any team should know the rules it NE. They should have made a point to make sure the people they hire know the boundaries of their job. If any other company on the planet has an employee that screws up, the company has to take responsibility for them.

NE needs a huge penalty and nothing short of a ban from the playoffs and extended suspensions is acceptable.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry but the point has been made over and over again how well the patriots organization is run and how smart they are. They knew full well what they were doing and that it was wrong. Their story is complete garbage. If you’re there to film some bogus tv program about a scout then why is the crew filming the sideline for 8 plus minutes. No part of that would be able to be used on your stupid show anyways. Nfl must come down hard. 

I have been saying FOREVER that the Pats never stopped cheating.  You can EASILY see that they are, just by watching their games.  

It's nice for other people to finally confirm what was already known.  

Now they need to be absolutely destroyed.  The NCAA vacates wins for minor recruitment violations.  This is incredibly more serious.  

All wins under belicheater tenure vacated.  

Take back and melt down their Lombardi trophies.

Kraft should be forced to sell the team

Belicheater banned for life.  

Every coach in on it banned for 1 year.  

No draft picks for 3-5 years.  NONE.

Reduced salary cap figure. 

No prime time games for 5 years. 

Maybe no home games for one season?

Pats need to be absolutely DESTROYED for horrible, repeated cheating.  This is the worst cheating scandel in world sports history.  Nothing compares to this.  NOTHING.  

THEY RUINED football for 20 years!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Take a peek at the Patsfan forum "They weren't even Patriot employees - they were employees of Kraft Productions!"  :lol::lol::lol:

That reminds me of someone claiming a financial loss on the year for their company by having it pay a huge last minute "consulting fee" to...their other company...

13 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And just when I thought I couldn’t dislike Steven a smith even more he had to open his mouth. I don’t even mind the other guys take of well maybe so maybe not with cheating but Steven a is saying they are and have been cheating so what. why aren’t the other teams cheating then? It’s their fault for also not breaking the rules. That’s the point you want to make? Like really? This is why the nfl has to come in and do something and end this bull####. 

I absolutely hate the line of thinking that... Well.. Everyone should be cheating.  Or that teams should have counter measures in place to safeguard against their cheating.  Why do we have any rules at all??   No!  One team is the problem.   Everyone does not do this. Everyone else should not be forced to compensate while one team does this.  The guilty party needs to be sanctioned and stopped, period.   Bar them from any post season play for 3 or more years and dismantle their current program.   They are still cheating, they've always cheated.  No small fine or loss of a draft pick is going to stop them. 

Here we all are... Hoping the Bengals some how win on Sunday and then we beat the Steelers so that we have a ..chance.. at the division and home playoff games.   And how will we all feel when the Bengals lose??  And we don't get home palyoff games, even if we win out?   Will it be because one team was just better than us?  Or will it be becuase they cheated and gained unfair advantages all season?   How many of their 10wins this year are because they cheated?  How many of their wins were because they had an unfair knowledge of the other team?  Maybe their defense isn't as dominating when they don't know the other team's plays/signals/whatever?  

Bottomline... We don't know how good they are because we don't know how extensively they have been cheating.  But we do know that the Bills' chance of getting a home playoff game, let alone a real chance at the Super Bowl is diminished because they play in a division where one of the teams cheats week in and week out.  

• Thank you (+1) 1