Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Listen to Shannon here he makes some good points. Pointing out how dirty NE and Belichick really are. He is calling for the NFL to ban Belichick and I agree!

https://youtu.be/qCoYxHQCTzk

Exactly.

Belichick has to be the most smug, arrogant, self-aggrandizing a-hole to walk the planet if he thinks anyone will buy the "I didn't know" defense 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This isn’t an over-the-shoulder of the advanced scout who is doing his job stuff. This is shooting the sideline. For an extended period of time. The egregious nature of the video is why it set off the firestorm it did during the game with the Bengals executives in the press box.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sad. But hardly shocking, and solidifies the fact that NE remains undeterred no matter how many times they have been caught in the act/sanction in terms of their cheating/pushing the envelope to the 'nth degree. Which in turn further adds yet another asterisk to their otherwise historical run of dominance. 

HUDS, it was the great Mahatma Gandhi who once said of the Patriots, "Those guys suck...I'm mean they really do, right?!"

It's not in the movie, you don't have to check.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Though I am not an accomplished multi-scam cheater like those in NE, I think that if I was organizing this I would set up a legit crew to do the doco segments....AND have a crew go to cover my scout guy every week as well.  If we are ever caught, regardless of the week, we claim we are filming the doco..."Look here are some previous episodes to show it's all legit."

The payoff isn't the Bengals game. The payoff is EVERY game. They just happened to get caught this week.

Like I said, I'm no mastermind scammer, but if this can work in week 14 against the Bengals(getting a crew in the box), I would certainly be doing it at every "scout" game....if I was a big old cheater that is.

yet there’s no early indication of this being at other games... yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

People calling for Belicheck to be banned are not going to get their wish. If the NFL took such a severe step and banned a coach that had 6 super bowls over two decades, would be a huge black eye to the league and undermine the confidence the public has in the league, the commissioner and the idea of games being fixed.  It would wipe out nearly a 20 year period of dominance by one team, an entire generation of football fans will have felt cheated for 20 years. The NFL would never fully recover 

Imagine the implications that Vegas has? Or other owners?

If this turns out to be spygate 2.0 (and im not sure it will) expect a suspension at most for Belicheck. Heavy fines, loss of draft picks ect.

Vacating wins? This isnt college football. Bans? Extremely unlikey.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

Listen to Shannon here he makes some good points. Pointing out how dirty NE and Belichick really are. He is calling for the NFL to ban Belichick and I agree!

https://youtu.be/qCoYxHQCTzk

I agree with Shannon on this. This has been the third time they have been caught cheating (who knows what else they haven't been caught for), Belichek should be banned from coaching after this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

The league has to stay ahead of it. They can’t cover it up because the bengals have the original video. The NFL has a copy the bengals made them. If the league tries to hide things or releases a report or punishment stating different Cincinnati can release the video. 
That’s what I understood from reading on here and the pats board anyways when all the tweets started coming out. 

Nfl covered it up the first time and destroyed all the footage. I don’t trust them 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People calling for Belicheck to be banned are not going to get their wish. If the NFL took such a severe step and banned a coach that had 6 super bowls over two decades, would be a huge black eye to the league and undermine the confidence the public has in the league, the commissioner and the idea of games being fixed.  It would wipe out nearly a 20 year period of dominance by one team, an entire generation of football fans will have felt cheated for 20 years. The NFL would never fully recover 

Imagine the implications that Vegas has? Or other owners?

If this turns out to be spygate 2.0 (and im not sure it will) expect a suspension at most for Belicheck. Heavy fines, loss of draft picks ect.

Vacating wins? This isnt college football. Bans? Extremely unlikey.

Not to mention the poster boy of their NFL 100 team.... awkward. 

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

If you have sub to Athletic this says camera was filming 8 minutes of sideline footage of the Bengals.Direct view of sideline where players run on and off and field and signals for plays.

https://theathletic.com/1447919/2019/12/10/dehner-jr-sources-say-patriots-video-focused-for-8-minutes-on-bengals-sideline/

This is quite damning...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The two quotes below from this quote are opposites.  Anything else would include what is on TV, yes?

"I have never seen any of their tapes or anything else"

"We have never seen anything that they've shot, other than what has come down on tv"

I've watched a bunch of true crime stuff, isn't it when you ramble on you are lying? He can tell you how many napkins Nick Folk used at breakfast but no clue about this?

• Like (+1) 1