Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Including a Poll is an intentional attempt to avoid a “merge”. It’s akin to saying “I’m filming for a documentary for a movie “Do Your Job”. Clearly a mirror thread after @YoloinOhio has a perfectly good thread which includes all this same information. 

You, sir, are wise and perspicacious. 

The Bengals need to release the tape IMMEDIATELY.  That will be the ONLY way to force Goodells hand to doing the right they.  The public backlash will be massive !!!!

Now, to anyone who thinks this has not been going on for twenty years.... OPEN YOUR EYES.  The Pats are the most pedestrian team running a JV highschool offense and for 20 years no one has been able to stop their slant passes or crossing routes ?? Bull ship!!!!  THEY CHEAT.  WE KNOW THEY CHEAT.  THEY KEEP GETTING CAUGHT.  

How many things do they do, that we don't know about?????  A lot I am sure.  

The punishment needs to be massive.  MASSIVE.  No draft picks for 3 years.  Vacatae ALL of their wins, including all six Superbowls.  They cheated on every-single-one, so whybin the world should they be allowed to keep them?!?!?  Ban Belicheater FOR LIFE.  

ANYTHING other than something like that, and the Bills should be cheating too.  I'd trade 1 draft pick for 6 Superbowls wouldn't you?????

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The 'plausible deniability' is strong for the Hoodie in this one

Horse *****.

I dare anyone to explain that line of thinking. The most detail-oriented coach of all time, who has 100% autonomy over that organization, who has previously been punished for taping opponents' sidelines in perpetuity even after being warned, is going to allow an independent contractor to go handle video work at another team's stadium on behalf of the organization, while not bothering to ensure that every i is dotted and every T is crossed so that they don't get punished again? He just says "yeah whatever, that's fine"?

No. *****. Way.

They did it. Like always. They deliberately didn't tell the Bengals--who just happen, by total coincidence, to be their next opponent, and they filmed their sideline to get a competitive advantage. 

It's what they do. First the cheat off the field, then they cheat on the field. Like when they played here: They aren't good enough to win fair anymore, so they head hunt the starting QB and then try to take out the backup on his 2nd snap.

It's their identity. Win at all costs, and always do whatever is necessary, within or outside the rules, to gain an edge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Horse *****.

I dare anyone to explain that line of thinking. The most detail-oriented coach of all time, who has 100% autonomy over that organization, who has previously been punished for taping opponents' sidelines in perpetuity even after being warned, is going to allow an independent contractor to go handle video work at another team's stadium on behalf of the organization, while not bothering to ensure that every i is dotted and every T is crossed so that they don't get punished again? He just says "yeah whatever, that's fine"?

No. *****. Way.

They did it. Like always. They deliberately didn't tell the Bengals--who just happen, by total coincidence, to be their next opponent, and they filmed their sideline to get a competitive advantage. 

It's what they do. First the cheat off the field, then they cheat on the field. Like when they played here: They aren't good enough to win fair anymore, so they head hunt the starting QB and then try to take out the backup on his 2nd snap.

It's their identity. Win at all costs, and always do whatever is necessary, within or outside the rules, to gain an edge.

I agree with you on all points, but in terms of league investigation and punishment for the Hoodie, that's the Patriots story and they're sticking to it.

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s still a bit odd to me they’d lay tape for 7 other segments just to set up the bengals for this. That’s high level commitment for low level gains. 

why not run this scam for a bigger game, no?

not so much a defense as a curiousity

Here's my take... everyone says this is a "low level gain".  That they don't get anything really useful from it.  That they're such a great team they don't need to do this, especially when facing a 1 win team.    

But... consider the alternative.   They actually get a lot of useful information.  So much so that the only reason they're such a good team is they've been cheating and using this information for more than a decade.  Take away the video tapes, the signal stealing, the headset communications, the audio in visitors locker rooms, the deflated balls, and lord only knows what else... and maybe none of their players or coaches, including Brady and Belicheck, are the greatest of all time.  They're just a bunch of people that have lied, cheated, and swindled the league.   Take away the systemic cheating and my guess is they're all worse than average and Brady and company would be lucky to win one Super Bowl.   

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Honest Question. Is this really against the Rules?  Doing it during the game (SpyGate) is one thing. Doing it a week before at another game you are not in is NORMAL behavior IMO

Nut job says what?

28 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If only this information were available in another thread.  It's inconceivable that this same information is found in another thread, I mean, it's hardly a story after all.  Adding a poll was a nice touch to attempt differentiation. 

Funny how it is no longer a separate thread.

Sorry, @SlimShady'sGhost but I think a punishment poll is premature at this point and we don't need 4 Pats threads on a Bills football board.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you on all points, but in terms of league investigation and punishment for the Hoodie, that's the Patriots story and they're sticking to it.

Oh I know. I believe that if the league accepts that, then they're 100% complicit in yet another Patriots cheating scandal 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

they don’t care about picks 

honestly there seasons should be forfeited 

they become 0-16 and the teams they played keep the W or the L from the result 

Only way it would hurt them 

This.

These guys keep winning trophies, and people think these punishments hurt them.

They've laughed off every one of these punishments so long as they keep on winning.

Something else has to be done to stop it. This doesn't work

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if Goodell has hard feelings about the way Kraft and the Patriots were uncooperative during the deflated football thing.  

Presented with hard evidence, after they were previously let off the hook and told to knock it off, I am not so sure Goodell would let this slide.  Not sure the other owners would be cool with that either.

Just now, BeastMaster said:

This.

These guys keep winning trophies, and people think these punishments hurt them.

They've laughed off every one of these punishments so long as they keep on winning.

Something else has to be done to stop it. This doesn't work

I agree. Strip them of every Lombardi they've ever won.

Anyone that defends that organization is delusional.

33 minutes ago, Buffaloaf said:

I've thought this myself.  Hope it comes out sooner than that.  The Patriots probably make every player/employee sign a ridiculous NDA along with their contract.

Really, the players wouldn't even need to know cheating was happening.  Even Brady.  To him, it may seem like the coaches are geniuses because of how quickly they can diagnose defenses and get him in the right play.  I think it was Bruschi who said they would receive the other teams audibles prior to the game.  The players don't know where they come from or the details of how they are obtained, they just do what they're told.

To me, this is all on Belichick, Kraft, and probably some other coaches like Adams and McDaniels.  If all these accusations can be proven true they should be banned from the NFL and Kraft should either have to sell the team or become minority owner or something.  

There is zero - ZERO - chance Brady hasn't had knowledge of, and been complicit with, all the cheating over the past 20 years.  He freaking learned how to play QB by never having his helmet radio turned off on the field for God's sake

7 hours ago, BillsFanInCt74 said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart everyone please read this it explains everything the pats do to cheat. Ex players coming out and ratting on them . You need to know who ernie adams is.

Still think what we know is actually just the tip of the iceberg

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Horse *****.

No. *****. Way.

This. And if they’re filming a documentary about the patriots, why are they filming in a game THAT THE PATRIOTS AREN'T A PART OF?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

I’ve said before and I’ll say again: After the right people die, the world will learn so much more about the depth and breadth of New Englands’s cheating. 

Then once and for all public opinion can sway to stop treating them as a model dynastic franchise, and for God's sake stop calling Brady GOAT - it sickens me every time I hear it

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

This. And if they’re filming a documentary about the patriots, why are they filming in a game THAT THE PATRIOTS AREN'T A PART OF?

That part is easy to explain: pro scouts do advanced scouting of other teams.

The part that can't be explained away is why they only got permission from the visiting team.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure what the repercussions would be of invalidating their championships, ie would the losing team be crowned as champs, would the entire league's season be invalidated, etc etc etc?

Personally, should these allegations be confirmed, I think that NE should be forced to cease all operations (not allowed to participate in any games, not allowed to sell merch, no Pats-related broadcasts) for three years.

Reposting this from a locked thread so it gets some looks

Author is @BillsFanInCt74

This article explains how the patriots have been cheating all along . Ex players ratting them out . People need to see this i wish someone could tweet it  out so alot of nfl fans could read also..https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Its a long read but worth it

Edited 7 hours ago by BillsFanInCt74
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Right now we're in Stage 1 of the latest Patriots****** cheating scandal: "we didn't do it"

Stay tuned for Stage 2: "if we did it (but we didn't), then it didn't give us any competitive advantage"

Followed eventually by Stage 3: "if we did it (but we didn't), and it gave us a competitive advantage (but it didn't), then everyone else is doing it too"

Earlier in this thread like page 9 someone did the "But everyone does it" defense - was surprised it took that long.

There's also "they are so good they don't even need to cheat" - like in some twisted way that excuses it - and of course ignores that maybe the cheating is the REASON for "being good"