Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Even if unintentional with a great cover story, if there is any filming of the field or sidelines it is another break of league rules. Factor in that they didn't inform the league or Bengals they would be taping, and it is a serious repeat offense, no matter what the cover story is EVEN IF the cover story is true..

This could be very serious, like million dollar fines and suspensions. Then, once Krafts criminal case proceeds that could be additional censure. I'm microwaving some popcorn. This could be fun to watch.

Up thread somewhere, and written before this excuse came out, someone quoted a years old article stating they had ready made cover stories, including this very one. 

5 hours ago, BillsFanInCt74 said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart everyone please read this it explains everything the pats do to cheat. Ex players coming out and ratting on them . You need to know who ernie adams is.

I’ve said before and I’ll say again: After the right people die, the world will learn so much more about the depth and breadth of New Englands’s cheating. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Even if unintentional with a great cover story, if there is any filming of the field or sidelines it is another break of league rules. Factor in that they didn't inform the league or Bengals they would be taping, and it is a serious repeat offense, no matter what the cover story is EVEN IF the cover story is true..

This could be very serious, like million dollar fines and suspensions. Then, once Krafts criminal case proceeds that could be additional censure. I'm microwaving some popcorn. This could be fun to watch.

Honestly, what are million dollar fines going to do to an organization worth 2 billion dollars? 

The only way to send a message for a repeat offender is to disqualify them from playoff contention. 

Bad month for the Patriots keeps getting worse, 

I briefly searched for this "do your job" series, and it seems to focus on much more higher operating and interesting stuff than some pro scout mizzing around a terrible game in the rust belt scouting s 1-10 team

Edited by May Day 10

The Pats already knew the punishment from the last time they cheated and got caught. 
Take away two first rounders and Suspend Belichick for coaching the first 4 weeks next year. He can coach preseason but then can’t have any contact with the team till week 5. ?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Can’t pass judgement without knowing what’s actually been recorded. 
If we take what they say at face value it’s possible just a monster fine for kraft and maybe a random draft pick. I don’t think they’ll hit them that hard if the tape is what they say. 
However if we’re talking they’re filming the sideline the entire first quarter this could be a punishment like which we’ve never seen in the league. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Pats already knew the punishment from the last time they cheated and got caught. 
Take away two first rounders and Suspend Belichick for coaching the first 4 weeks next year. He can coach preseason but then can’t have any contact with the team till week 5. 

Assuming the tape is worse than they are claiming, likely punishment will be to forfeit picks as the only reasonable choice of the four.  Have a hard time justifying suspending Belichick as may not be able to prove he's the one behind it. I'm sure he was but finding evidence to that may be hard.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty nice to just be able to dust these off and change the date ?

‘Unattended oversight’

Lost me right there. Like you knew to ask for permission from Cleveland because you had to otherwise you couldn’t get access. You didn’t ask for permission from the league or Bengal’s because they would of said no OR you can’t video the coaches and signs. 

Side note 

you Pats fans on here trying to defend this are unbelievable. Get out of here. You are cheaters. 
Your team is circling the drain your coach made mistakes last week that contributed to the loss. Belichick is panicking and it’s showing. 

But the Patriots kept doing it. In November 2006, Green Bay Packers security officials caught Matt Estrella shooting unauthorized footage at Lambeau Field. When asked what he was doing, according to notes from the Senate investigation of Spygate that had not previously been disclosed, Estrella said he was with Kraft Productions and was taping panoramic shots of the stadium. He was removed by Packers security. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Assuming the tape is worse than they are claiming, likely punishment will be to forfeit picks as the only reasonable choice of the four.  Have a hard time justifying suspending Belichick as may not be able to prove he's the one behind it. I'm sure he was but finding evidence to that may be hard.

Oh I know it’s not reasonable. But just tired of them getting away with this stuff or slaps on the wrist. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-cameraman-reportedly-asked-to-just-delete-the-footage-bill-belichick-denies-any-involvement-235522269.html

This sounds familiar

In 2015, ESPN did an in-depth report on past Patriots scandals, including the infamous 2007 “Spygate” incident that saw the Patriots punished for videotaping signals of New York Jets coaches.

That report described a protocol for Patriots advance scouts and videographers to have ready-made excuses if they were caught by NFL security suspiciously filming footage.

From that ESPN report:

“During games, [Patriots video assistant Matt] Walsh later told investigators, the Patriots' videographers were told to look like media members, to tape over their team logos or turn their sweatshirt inside out, to wear credentials that said Patriots TV or Kraft Productions. The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you're filming the quarterbacks. Or the kickers. Or footage for a team show.”