Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

Even if unintentional with a great cover story, if there is any filming of the field or sidelines it is another break of league rules. Factor in that they didn't inform the league or Bengals they would be taping, and it is a serious repeat offense, no matter what the cover story is EVEN IF the cover story is true..

This could be very serious, like million dollar fines and suspensions. Then, once Krafts criminal case proceeds that could be additional censure. I'm microwaving some popcorn. This could be fun to watch.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s still a bit odd to me they’d lay tape for 7 other segments just to set up the bengals for this. That’s high level commitment for low level gains. 

why not run this scam for a bigger game, no?

not so much a defense as a curiousity

I think the Pats may have a number of real documentaries and video journaling going on that filters to legit sources, just like criminals run legitimate businesses that help hide and justify illicit activities. I dont know this to be true, but it possible, and would be the clever way to do it. Perhaps, one man on the team may ne the guy doing the spying, while the other two are doing actual stories for the website. They fo lots of places where media badges take them and who knows what they see and hear. Even if we give benefit of the doubt, and pretend the filming was unintentional or inadvertent, if they filmed the sideline, it is still a huge violation.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

On the Sidelines. 

again NOTHING in the rule book about from the Pressbox where the advance Scouts are allowed to sit two weeks before the game. 

that is how the rule reads. You cannot video from certain areas. Nothing in the rules about the advance scouts from the press box. 

that was the SpyGate problem they were videoing from the sideline with a high powered mic and piping it into the offensive booth

Weren't they also caught taping the Rams walk-throughs prior to the SB?

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They’ve been working on this documentary for like 12 years now! When it’s finally released should be a real doozy

Like The Office, only slightly less lovable and funny and cathartic (unless of course their very real and paradoxical blend of hubris and existential panic does in fact lead to a third documented case of misconduct).

Dunder Mifflin had a lesser known Foxboro branch, apparently. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is it possible teams are still using hand signals??

You always have back-up for when the Pats pipe the local radio station into your headsets

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol they had permission from the Browns have the videographer up there.. The HOME team knew he was there and somehow this fell threw the cracks of communication.. the fact they turned over the video so quickly pretty much makes the story dead..  

And how do we know they turned over everything they had. It was reported in spygate investigation they were coached on what to say if caught. You dont think they would be coached to turn over fake footage??

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s still a bit odd to me they’d lay tape for 7 other segments just to set up the bengals for this. That’s high level commitment for low level gains. 

why not run this scam for a bigger game, no?

not so much a defense as a curiousity

You really think the Bengals are the only team they've done this to this year? They just got caught at this game. I wouldnt put it past them to come up with this elaborate "do your job" bs series as their cover-up.

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

https://www.patriots.com/video/do-your-job-equipment-staff

how many in the series really give the opportunity though?

We also dont know how many takes they've done to get the "perfect shot" for the scout show. They could of used this all season under the guise of the series.

You would think the other owners, especially afc owners, are in an "enough is enough" spot if this is cheating.

I have a pretty strong suspicion these clowns have been doing this all year and longer

Teams in the nfl dont go on 21 game home win streaks and have this sort of unchallenged success.  The Patriots arent that good.  It makes no sense unless you consider that either bill belichick is some sort of sorceror, or he cheats

• Like (+1) 1

I was discussing with my spousal unit and she quipped its ironic they are called the "Patriots." I am more concerned that this behavior is more a reflection of our current societal thinking where the end justifies the means..lies don't matter as long as they help you get to the result you want.

• Like (+1) 1

I understand it’s difficult to regulate everyone who’s around a stadium in gameday, but’s it’s absurd the league can’t put better measures in place to prevent this. There was some interesting stuff in that article. Stuff like stealing play sheets out of the opposing locker room doesn’t seem like something that should be able to happen.  

5 hours ago, BillsFanInCt74 said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart everyone please read this it explains everything the pats do to cheat. Ex players coming out and ratting on them . You need to know who ernie adams is.

Disturbing article detailing how long BB has been cheating and to what lengths they have gone.  Goes back to his Browns days.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  About time the NFL actually does something that neuters the patsies.  It disgusts me that they have cheated their way to many wins and Super Bowl titles, hopefully it goes the way of Bonds/McGuire/Sosa.  Everyone knows what they did to cheat and treated justly.    

I do believe the league has backed off for years because the patsies help sell the NFL, it's all about revenue.  They need a team like them - a HOF low round draft pick QB, "no-name" players coming up big, years of "excellence".  Thing is, most of their big wins are because of cheating.  One that sticks with me after reading the article is the Rams Super Bowl.  They absolutely beat the Rams based on having taped them - knowing Faulk would be returning kickoffs, new Rams offensive plays they should have no business deciphering yet they were ready for.  

What the league needs before they actually would do something is a team or teams that can carry the league.  Right now the new league darlings are the Niners and Ravens.  Niners don't have the feel of a great team, but the Ravens do.  The ascension of the Ravens may just spell the end of the patsies getting the calls and league backdoor help to continue to win.

All that being said, the NFL needs to lay the hammer on them.  At first they tried to say they were not taping anything important, quickly it's come out they were taping the sidelines of the Bengals.  BB has come out with a statement that "to the best of his knowledge" nothing wrong happened...you don't say "to the best of my knowledge" unless you're guilty and want to play the plausible deniability card.  It would be very interesting to see where this "do your job" video team has been.  Be interesting if they just happen to be at their next opponents games.

Enough is enough.

Edited by davefan66

Patriots admit video crew violated NFL rules

The New England Patriots admitted a video crew violated NFL rules, though the Super Bowl …

The New England Patriots admitted a video crew violated NFL rules, though the Super Bowl champions maintained it was not on purpose.

On Monday, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick strongly denied the team's football operations were involved in alleged filming of the Cincinnati Bengals last week ahead of Sunday's upcoming clash.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/even-with-patriots-admission-to-inappropriately-filming-bengals-game-nfl-needs-to-release-tape-045600579.html

Even with Patriots' admission to 'inappropriately' filming Bengals game, NFL needs to release tape

Oh CNN 

New England Patriots admit to 'inappropriately' filming after accused of recording Cincinnati Bengals sideline

The Film Documentary  - DO YOUR JOB 

- cheat when you can

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that a scout was credentialed by the Browns for the game played in Cleveland to be filmed on site for a Patriots production titled “Do Your Job.” 

The NFL confiscated the video after the Bengals employee witnessed and flagged the camerawork to the league, according to the report.

A Patriots source then told Russini that it was a “very big misunderstanding and lack of communication with the Bengals.”

So the Browns agreed but the Bengals were not notified..   Yeah right, a lack of communication 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Haha (+1) 2

So if it was all on the up and up, and these guys were filming for a production they are making, why would they ask if they could just destroy the video? If it's all legit, you kindly give them the film and stand by your work. You're just gonna throw it away instead?

Complete BS

• Like (+1) 1