Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Even if the video doesn't show the sidelines, there still may have been intent to cheat. They may have been apprehended before they diverted from the "main objective" to film the sideline. Patriots might get lucky here as they will be cleared and everyone will assume it was just a misunderstanding.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

according to all the articles written during SpyGate. Where it crossed the line is when it was being done during the active game and audio piped into the offensive Box. 

there is nothing in the rules saying while in the two weeks before a game you cannot video the sidelines from the pressbox. 

I think this is much to do about nothing. 

much ado

They were wearing Pats gear, filming in broad daylight, everyone knew they were there, they were running into Bengals employees. 

If I see the video and it shows illegal sideline filming, then I'll buy that they were breaking rules 

It literally looks like the booth this happened in was BEHIND the Bengals sideline, how oon earth would they be collecting signals from that side

Edited by arcane

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

On the Sidelines. 

again NOTHING in the rule book about from the Pressbox where the advance Scouts are allowed to sit two weeks before the game. 

that is how the rule reads. You cannot video from certain areas. Nothing in the rules about the advance scouts from the press box. 

that was the SpyGate problem they were videoing from the sideline with a high powered mic and piping it into the offensive booth

I do not know what the old rules are, bu the current Rule 17(2)(1) states: "The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

There is no ambiguity. Nobody is under the impression this is permissible. 

Same excuses used for spygate.  If your afraid of the Bengals, that's all you need to know about the 2019 NE Patriots.  I am sure Robert Kraft sends a film crew to videography all his scouts.  I mean if the the opposing team sideline is filmed its cut out and not used.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How. Teams film scout every team. They take the scoreboard showing down and distance and then the play. It is a Bengals issue if their are not using the in helmet commo system 

To be fair, the Cheatriots are tuned into that frequency too. 

Funny related story.  Apparently Hoyer (during his first stint with the Pats) accidentally got his helmet switched with Brady’s and noticed that the communication didn’t shut off at the 15 second mark of the play clock.  Cheatriots gotta Cheatriot I guess. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

To be fair, the Cheatriots are tuned into that frequency too. 

Funny related story.  Apparently Hoyer (during his first stint with the Pats) accidentally got his helmet switched with Brady’s and noticed that the communication didn’t shut off at the 15 second mark of the play clock.  Cheatriots gotta Cheatriot I guess. 

That was Flutie

Its probably not so much about this upcoming game or cheating to beat the Bengals 

IMO it's more about building a database on Zach Taylor. Tendencies. Interactions with players and coaches. Maybe signals. Probably useless but you never know. The information will be banked and could be useful 2-3 years from now.

Think about it: Taylor could be OC for a real team in a year or two. Either way it's info on a guy from the McVay coaching tree.

Belichick thinks in 4D while most NFL coaches want to tell loud and have guys run through brick walls. 

• Like (+1) 1