Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So that's how they do it!!! Claim that they are filming a "scout", all the while getting the video of the coming opponent's signals. Sure they turned over the footage to the NFL, the footage that they wanted the NFL to review to clear them of wrong doing. Wonder where the hidden camera was located? Hmmmm...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Why would the Pats be shooting a feature at a Browns Bengals game? AKA why would the glory franchise of the NFL be shooting an innocent feature at a rust belt game? When the Pats are on a losing streak and the Bengals are the next opponent. When they have a history of this behavior and an MO seen in the quoted post. 

This stinks to high heaven. And the nervous guy on ESPN trying to excuse it. Ugh. If you believe them after everything, I don't know what to tell you.

We win a couple games and we get yelled at for having an easy schedule. They get caught cheating repeatedly and they get all the glory and the excuses, even from millions of opposing fans. When is this nightmare going to end? When will people wake up? Why is everyone so afraid of the truth?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The funny thing is, in order to see the lie all the way through, they are going to actually produce a feature about a scout.  Sounds absolutely riveting.  Lol.  

Followed by the documementary on the camera man who filmed the documentary on the scout.  Who was, you know, doing his job

Cheaters gonna cheat, their history will always be tainted, even more so when they sign OBJ next season..   

7 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The funny thing is, in order to see the lie all the way through, they are going to actually produce a feature about a scout.  Sounds absolutely riveting.  Lol.  

They’ve been working on this documentary for like 12 years now! When it’s finally released should be a real doozy

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Why would the Pats be shooting a feature at a Browns Bengals game? AKA why would the glory franchise of the NFL be shooting an innocent feature at a rust belt game? When the Pats are on a losing streak and the Bengals are the next opponent. When they have a history of this behavior and an MO seen in the quoted post. 

This stinks to high heaven. And the nervous guy on ESPN trying to excuse it. Ugh. If you believe them after everything, I don't know what to tell you.

We win a couple games and we get yelled at for having an easy schedule. They get caught cheating repeatedly and they get all the glory and the excuses, even from millions of opposing fans. When is this nightmare going to end? When will people wake up? Why is everyone so afraid of the truth?

It absolutely mysrifies me the media and so many in the public (including some "Bills fans") give such reverential treatment to Bellicheat and Brady.  They are proven cheating scumbags plain and simple - should be derided and ostracized like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds - instead they are worshipped.  The media actually uses "Patriot** Way" to convey something positive!  I feel like I live in some kind of bizarro world sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Obviously I, or any of us, don't know what is on that tape.  What makes me interested in this is that the Bengals are said to have the original copy of the tape and turned it over to the NFL.  Now, to me anyway, it only stands to reason that the Bengals who confiscated the original tape would have watched it and know what is exactly on there. 

If there was nothing obvious to question, would they have turned it over to the NFL?  Even if they were required to do that, why be so short with the statement basically saying there is no statement and that the NFL is investigating?  They could have dismissed it all together saying it is no big deal.  I'm wondering if they know what is on the tape is more than what is being reported on and therefore they are being very careful in what they are saying until the NFL says something.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Obviously I, or any of us, don't know what is on that tape.  What makes me interested in this is that the Bengals are said to have the original copy of the tape and turned it over to the NFL.  Now, to me anyway, it only stands to reason that the Bengals who confiscated the original tape would have watched it and know what is exactly on there. 

If there was nothing obvious to question, would they have turned it over to the NFL?  Even if they were required to do that, why be so short with the statement basically saying there is no statement and that the NFL is investigating?  They could have dismissed it all together saying it is no big deal.  I'm wondering if they know what is on the tape is more than what is being reported on and therefore they are being very careful in what they are saying until the NFL says something.

And why didn’t they clear it with the Bengals and the league before the game? I’m sure it was just an innocent oversight. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

sorry I don’t think this one is cheating. I have watched Years of tape on teams showing play, down and distance and any signals from Sidelines

doing it in a game you are actively participating in (spygate) is a different story. 

from what I read about the rules that is ONLY in games you are currently playing in. 

NFL's no-video rule

The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.

Scouts funnel these observations to their teams' offensive coaching staffs, hoping to link the opponents' defensive signals to specific blitzes, fronts and coverages.

It's all legal under NFL rules, with one stipulation: absolutely no video recordings allowed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3017542

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

there are reports out there from “sources” that have seen the video that there is video of the signals on Bengals Sideline 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

yep caught again 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

yep and not one thing in their from a credentialed video person from Press Box. See the ambiguity that Patriots are playing in here. 

Pats Fans reaction to be in another cheating scandal 

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/wtf-is-this-pats-accused-of-videotaping-cinci.1150837/page-5

Edited by MAJBobby