Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How. Teams film scout every team. They take the scoreboard showing down and distance and then the play. It is a Bengals issue if their are not using the in helmet commo system 

It’s obviously the part of videotaping the signals 

• Like (+1) 1

How. Teams film scout every team. They take the scoreboard showing down and distance and then the play. It is a Bengals issue if their are not using the in helmet commo system 

True. I guess people expect ethics to play a role in the decision making of cutthroat competitive athletic businesses and its people.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Don't cheat, Patriots*. Just that simple.

sorry I don’t think this one is cheating. I have watched Years of tape on teams showing play, down and distance and any signals from Sidelines

doing it in a game you are actively participating in (spygate) is a different story. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s obviously the part of videotaping the signals 

from what I read about the rules that is ONLY in games you are currently playing in. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

sorry I don’t think this one is cheating. I have watched Years of tape on teams showing play, down and distance and any signals from Sidelines

doing it in a game you are actively participating in (spygate) is a different story. 

It is legal to scout teams signals, tendencies, etc. It is not legal to to record, videotape, or use any technology to do so.  That’s the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is legal to scout teams signals, tendencies, etc. It is not legal to to record, videotape, or use any technology to do so.  That’s the difference. 

according to all the articles written during SpyGate. Where it crossed the line is when it was being done during the active game and audio piped into the offensive Box. 

there is nothing in the rules saying while in the two weeks before a game you cannot video the sidelines from the pressbox. 

I think this is much to do about nothing. 

Edited by MAJBobby

When you have a proven history of cheating,  it looks like cheating.

It's like if you see your girlfriend sitting close to another guy and having a conversation. If she's always been loyal to you, she's just having a conversation. But if she's cheated on you in the past, then she is clearly lining up another bone to jump on when you go on your next business trip.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

How did a Pats employee have access to the Browns pressbox?  Also can't you just buy a ticket and sit in the stands and video tape?

Teams are allowed in the Press Box by Rule to scout teams you are facing two weeks out. I bet they were in Bills Pressbox Sunday too 

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

When you have a proven history of cheating,  it looks like cheating.

It's like if you see your girlfriend sitting close to another guy and having a conversation. If she's always been loyal to you, she's just having a conversation. But if she's cheated on you in the past, then she is clearly lining up another bone to jump on when you go on your next business trip.

I get the History. But I am not seeing a definitive answer in rule book that talks to the two week window they are allowed in the Press Box

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Actually pro scouts normally just sit in the stands 

NFL Rules allow them in the press box. Where they chose to sit is on them

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Honest Question. Is this really against the Rules?  Doing it during the game (SpyGate) is one thing. Doing it a week before at another game you are not in is NORMAL behavior IMO

I honestly don’t know.. but I know college coaches, as well as HC coaches have people at games to tape them so they have film to study.. I don’t know how you tape signals going in with the headset though..  that’s confusing to me..