Not gonna totally blame Daboll, but blaming Daboll for playcalling

Steptide

38 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I would have liked to have seen some delayed draw plays. Especially when they were sending lbs at us off the edge and leaving the middle wide open. Or have a TE come off a block and just run up the field. There was no one there!

Exactly! His in game adjustments are poor and they have been all year. Even though Josh has alot to improve on, Daboll is doing him no favors. Our first drive of the game yesterday,  3rd & 4 and he goes for the bomb. Josh is 1-20 on throws 30+. He's not ready yet.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly! His in game adjustments are poor and they have been all year. Even though Josh has alot to improve on, Daboll is doing him no favors. Our first drive of the game yesterday,  3rd & 4 and he goes for the bomb. Josh is 1-20 on throws 30+. He's not ready yet.

Don't know why he throws the deep ball on 3rd and 4.  Get the first down- throw a deep ball when it is 2nd and 1 or something!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I just wish he'd forget Gore's name. Especially on meaningful downs. 

I know they like him personally and all but he's got to go. 

Agreed; I’m sure he brings a lot of locker room intangibles to the table/mentoring Singletary, but in terms of a weapon, there’s no contest. He got his all time record, now let’s focus on getting Singletary his late season touches

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Don't know why he throws the deep ball on 3rd and 4.  Get the first down- throw a deep ball when it is 2nd and 1 or something!

Exactly and he's called the deep ball at least 7-8 times when its 3rd and short. Let's not kid ourselves people,  he's a mediocre OC. And it will effect Josh's timeline. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not even the first time this has happened either. Hes been dialing up the deep ball on third and short all year. Its getting pretty frustrating.

28 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Eric Wood on the radio call was making the same point, virtually pleading for the Bills to run some screen plays, after noting the first time It was called in the 2nd half—I really don’t understand how you come from the NE tree where they love running that type of crap all day to make aggressive pressure pay, and get rid of the ball quick 

My guess is Daboll is the milk man's kid that Belichick was forced by Kraft to take in for a while.

Daboll's approach to offense appears largely academic; run the plays as they have been drawn up, where the weather and opponent do not matter...the play as designed is the only thing that matters.  It's really up to McD to tell Daboll how he wants the offense to look and what type of plays Josh should be running at this point in his career.  I don't think McD is managing Daboll like that, though.  I doubt Lamar and the Raven's offense is any where near as good as it is if Harbaugh isn't the HC; Roman left to his own devices wouldn't be as practical as the offense currently is given Lamar's abilities.  McD needs to exert that type of pressure on Daboll or find a more practical play caller.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Then don't blame him.  The offense did not execute in the first half and still took a good defensive play to prevent the tie (or win with 2-pt conversion). 

I'm disappointed with the loss but encouraged that the Defense was great, the offense played better as the game went on and they demonstrated they can play with the best team in the league.  

On to Pittsburgh. 

6 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Then don't blame him.  The offense did not execute in the first half and still took a good defensive play to prevent the tie (or win with 2-pt conversion).

It's difficult to execute when your offense is totally predictable and the opposition loves preparing for it.  The first quarter yesterday was textbook in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It's difficult to execute when your offense is totally predictable and the opposition loves preparing for it.  The first quarter yesterday was textbook in that regard.

the 1st qtr saw 2 wide open receivers that Josh missed. 1 for a td. I like that book if josh hits at least 1 of those. This isn't a blame Josh response, before anyone tries to twist it.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

A little off topic but I thought the final play of the game to brown was terrible. I don't know if that play was going to brown no matter what, but Allen had zero pressure on that pass. They could've done something a little more creative there 

actually I thought they finally called it right....they picked up the blitz and had 1 on 1 coverage with no safety helping out...Peters just made a great play

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Daboll’s game plan was crap. The 49 ers exploited the Ravens on the edges with speed on the ground and with WR screens etc, and Daboll didn’t flow the blueprint. This team still looks like a screen is a foreign concept. He called several series of run, run, pass and had no answers for overload pressure. He followed up a great plan vs DAL with a terrible one for the Ravens. 

That's just not true. The Bills ran a bunch of WR screens and edge runs, but most were completely shut down. Baltimore may have made the necessary adjustments from the previous week.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

They rarely even try.  And when they have and it works, they never go back to it.  He's increasingly collecting other red flags as well.

I have literally never seen the screen work for the Bills in 2019. When did it work? I must have blinked during that play.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I have literally never seen the screen work for the Bills in 2019. When did it work? I must have blinked during that play.

WR screen to McKenzie this game. But yeah, the screens almost never work.  I watched Baltimore smoke our D from the same screen like 4 times.  I don't think our guys sell it or something.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It worked on the final drive when Singletary picked up 13 ............... and then we were called for an holding on the play and it came back ?

I think Eric Wood nails it in his weekly piece on OBD:

The Ravens pressured Josh Allen a ton. We expected this coming into the game as Allen is the third-most blitzed quarterback and Baltimore blitzes on 48% of opposing quarterback drop backs which is the most in the NFL. Allen was blitzed a total of 30 times yesterday, a lot of those being cover zero blitzes. The way I look at it is if the Bills would have completed one of those deep balls down the field and take the top off, that game probably goes to overtime. If you complete two of the deep balls, you likely win the game. Connecting on one of those early would have changed the dynamic of the game because defensive coordinators will throw cover zeros at you until they get burned. It’s also tough to run the ball against cover zero, it was not an easy day of sledding for the offense yesterday.

Until Allen starts hitting those deep balls, it's going be very difficult on the rest of the offensive scheme.  In other words, maybe Daboll deserves some blame, but Allen has made his job very difficult...

Edited by TPS

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed; I’m sure he brings a lot of locker room intangibles to the table/mentoring Singletary, but in terms of a weapon, there’s no contest. He got his all time record, now let’s focus on getting Singletary his late season touches

Unless he’s  gassed, Singletary is the correct option. As they say.....till he pukes! Eh, never mind, that didn’t work so well..... But A LOT! 

• Thank you (+1) 1