Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not talking about on the field.  I'm talking about in the tunnel at halftime, but I've heard players on the Ravens were taunting him.  I want to play them in the playoffs.  *****

Maybe.

I just know that prior to their TD, he was going ballistic on the sideline at the refs over the no call on the 12 men play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

They only showed the one PF on earl thomas where he kind of hit allen?  But that was that weird play where allen was kind of blocking if i recall.

The beasley PI was also questionable - I'm not even sure what really happened.

No - but try that S--T again and I'm laying out LJ.  I thought he had the ball and there was no whistle - what do you want?

I agree.  Also I wouldn’t mind seeing the Bills lay a hit on him every time they could on ROs.  Anytime that he could reasonably have the ball he should get leveled.  I’d give up some early yardage to take his legs away.  Let’s see how he does playing pocket QB. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It would make sense that McD suspected that it wouldn't be reversed due to the league's stance on PI calls made by the refs, which the league stays with the refs calls unless it is a playoff situation.  It looked like he wanted to, but I think that was in the back of his mind.

The Stance by the league is they are going to let players battle a little for position, to be a little aggressive and not call everything if both sides seem to partake in contact..... in this case, it was 100% on the defender making contact in the back of Foster, hitting foster initially in the right shoulder to the head with his right hand followed by another hit to the head with his left elbow well before the ball was there.

There was zero contact initiated by Foster the entire play. That’s PI.... McD should have challenged and stated “the defender was draped on our guys back and hit him before the ball was there, our guys back was turned and he didn’t initiate contact the entire play”. There’s no way you can defend that is not PI....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The twelve men in the huddle was corrected by an official instead of a penalty flag being thrown. A ref litterly watched as the ravens brought 12 in and then rushed 1 out after realizing it. It was horrendous with a ref standing and watching the huddle and not to make that call

hey, they pick their garbage up off the field too! NO tip maybe otherwise?

1 hour ago, Process said:

They gifted us a chance to win at the end of the game. The first PF was complete BS. Other two penalties were highly questionable in huge spots. 

I agree that we got some calls too.  The refereeing is bad, not biased against us.  It does have a lot to do with the league rules and what’s expected of the officials.  Of course, missing 12 men on the field is inexcusable at this level so there’s that sort of thing happening too......

I don't think the officiating was particularly biased overall. The non PI call was brutal. Considering the trouble the offense had moving the football, McDermott should have absolutely thrown the challenge flag there. Other than that, meh. Sour grapes.

One other play I did question was a clear throwaway by LJ at the Ravens one. He chucked it OOB while well inside the pocket. I suppose there was a player in the area, but come on man; that's grounding. Had me thinking the refs consider LJ out of the pocket regardless of where he is in the backfield.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

The Stance by the league is they are going to let players battle a little for position, to be a little aggressive and not call everything if both sides seem to partake in contact..... in this case, it was 100% on the defender making contact in the back of Foster, hitting foster initially in the right shoulder to the head with his right hand followed by another hit to the head with his left elbow well before the ball was there.

There was zero contact initiated by Foster the entire play. That’s PI.... McD should have challenged and stated “the defender was draped on our guys back and hit him before the ball was there, our guys back was turned and he didn’t initiate contact the entire play”. There’s no way you can defend that is not PI....

Maybe, but we’ve all seen far worse PI than that not called, then challenged and then not overturned.... 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe, but we’ve all seen far worse PI than that not called, then challenged and then not overturned.... 

They would 100% NOT call PI even after a review.

Defender was turned and going for the ball as well.

It's a simple cop-out for the refs. It sucks but it was smart to not bother with the challenge and save that TO in case we needed it later.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Just heard this on the extra point show with Sal C.  Does anyone know what the hell happened?

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Had to be the 12 men in the huddle no call.  He was fuming on the sidelines.  The vein in his forehead was in serious jeopardy of popping. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

terrible officiating at the end of the 1st half is my guess.  Ravens had 12 men on the field and there was no call.  Then there was the blatent PI at the end of the half, but he can't be too upset about that since he did not challenge it.  I could see challenging it, getting screwed, and then being upset.  

Interested to hear if there is anything more.  

Glad to see him fired up.  The officiating in the 1st half was terrible, much better in the 2nd.  

That ^ 

12 men on the field non call may have stopped the Ravens from scoring the TD and holding them to 3, meaning all the  Bills needed to do in the 4th QRT as time ran out was kick a FG to tie!!!! 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Exactly. 

NFL officiating is just terrible. As much as I despise them, the Pats got robbed yesterday. 

There's just no accountability when key plays are ruined by the referees. 

I agree.   Will never feel bad for them but the N'keal Harry call was inexcusable.   Saw a headline on yahoo today "Ref explains the N'Keal Harry Call" and thought what is there to explain, it was a touchdown.

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't think the officiating was particularly biased overall. The non PI call was brutal. Considering the trouble the offense had moving the football, McDermott should have absolutely thrown the challenge flag there. Other than that, meh. Sour grapes.

One other play I did question was a clear throwaway by LJ at the Ravens one. He chucked it OOB while well inside the pocket. I suppose there was a player in the area, but come on man; that's grounding. Had me thinking the refs consider LJ out of the pocket regardless of where he is in the backfield.

I just felt like - its too risky with them never overturning it.  Id rather keep the Timeout which we'll need later