Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

I guess some of us just won’t accept the fact that suspect calls happened both ways and we truly lost fair and square yesterday.  The no call on the PI everyone is upset about looked very weak and I’m sure every team, including the Bills, have gotten away with it numerous times.  If officiating is why McDermott was so upset then it makes me disappointed in him.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

No, I saw it also. That "should" have been the call. Instead they call holding on the Bills during a running play. Refs were really bad, think I've seen a handful of games where the refs actually called a good fair game.

It'slike they get worse every season.

Image result for conspiracy gif

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I'm pretty sure the guys on CBS said that Raven's players were taunting McD in the tunnel.  

Don't recall that. But if legit? The war is on. You can bet every game from here on out between the two is gonna be more than a bit chippy. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

No I saw that as well. Ridiculous as to how that was missed !

Did McD explain why he didn't challenge that PI non call on the deep throw by Josh?

It would make sense that McD suspected that it wouldn't be reversed due to the league's stance on PI calls made by the refs, which the league stays with the refs calls unless it is a playoff situation.  It looked like he wanted to, but I think that was in the back of his mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe he wanted to go after Harbaugh for the fake kneel-down.

This was one of the most bush league plays I've seen in a while.  Straight out of the Belichick playbook.

His QB is going to get hurt one of these days on a play like that.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott was rightfully livid that the bush league Ravens faked a kneel down. That's how guys get hurt. When the Ravens went into Victory formation at the end of the game we should have knee capped them. We had no way of knowing if they might do it again. But we have too much class as a team.

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe he wanted to go after Harbaugh for the fake kneel-down.

Do you think that was called by Harbough, or do you think the Raven players improvised that play?

1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

The part-time thing does not bother me as much as the fact they are awful.  I'm not sure, but I think college FB is part-time as well.  The problem is that there is zero accountability apparently besides not getting the "big games."  And who is grading them.  I mean, missing 12 men in a huddle should be a fine.  plain and simple.  

Just now, PIZ said:

Do you think that was called by Harbough, or do you think the Raven players improvised that play?

I'm in the minority and didn't mind it.  It's against the Bills defense, the Ravens know they needed points, and there was a chance at catching the D sleeping.  Reminded me of Marino (I think) faking the clocking years ago.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

This was one of the most bush league plays I've seen in a while.  Straight out of the Belichick playbook.

His QB is going to get hurt one of these days on a play like that.

They deserve to get hurt pulling this classless move.  **** everyone involved with this sleazy play.

Just now, stosh64 said:

They deserve to get hurt pulling this classless move.  **** everyone involved with this sleazy play.

Murphy should have grabbed and slammed the :censored: out of Lamar on that play just on shear principle alone. See if they ran the same play again. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Murphy should have grabbed and slammed the :censored: out of Lamar on that play just on shear principle alone. See if they ran the same play again. 

Belichick will instruct one of his defenders to do that if they meet in the playoffs. Watch.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

The part-time thing does not bother me as much as the fact they are awful.  I'm not sure, but I think college FB is part-time as well.  The problem is that there is zero accountability apparently besides not getting the "big games."  And who is grading them.  I mean, missing 12 men in a huddle should be a fine.  plain and simple.  

I'm in the minority and didn't mind it.  It's against the Bills defense, the Ravens know they needed points, and there was a chance at catching the D sleeping.  Reminded me of Marino (I think) faking the clocking years ago.  

Agreed that they need to be held accountable.

Seems the nfl makes a conscious decision to keep the status quo with officiating instead of trying to improve it.

There is only 1 reason to keep the status quo and that is criminal and could possibly kill the nfl.

• Thank you (+1) 1