Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

terrible officiating at the end of the 1st half is my guess.  Ravens had 12 men on the field and there was no call.  Then there was the blatent PI at the end of the half, but he can't be too upset about that since he did not challenge it.  I could see challenging it, getting screwed, and then being upset.  

Interested to hear if there is anything more.  

Glad to see him fired up.  The officiating in the 1st half was terrible, much better in the 2nd.  

So what I'm reading is that anger and violence solves problems.  Good to know.  ⚔️

10 hours ago, dneveu said:

I just felt like - its too risky with them never overturning it.  Id rather keep the Timeout which we'll need later

I disagree. That was a pretty blatant PI. The defender can go for the all,but not through the offensive player. 

Yes, I know theleaguedoesntwantto reverse. PI. 

But that one was so blatant, it was worth gambling a timeout. And after a few replays on the Jumbotron,the refs, and everone o the field, would know the refs effed up. And they'd give Bflo a makeup call 

McD had an extra minute between quarters to think it over. I sorta think he choked. 

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't know if anyone answered this yet. In case they didn't, it's around 18:45.

He said there was some jawing from some Ravens, he'd heard (not seen) and wasn't even sure it was McDermott who was involved.

11 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not sure I have ever seen anyone get that mad over a missed 12 guys in the huddle. They didn’t have 12 when they ran the play, did they? 

Having 12 guys in the huddle is a major tactical advantage for that team. Which is why it's a penalty in the first place.

Which guy will leave? Depending which guy leaves, the opponent might want a different personnel package in. Any coach would have been angry about that, regardless of how much it showed in his face.

• Like (+1) 1

Jumpin  in late here but I had to vent: 

I’ve been a McD critic since day one, and I’ve been happily eating crow so far this year. Yet, one of my remaining criticisms has been that his sideline demeanor drives me nuts. It always bugged me that I seemed to be more passionate and fired up at certain times than the head coach. Obviously lots of ppl value is calm nature and positive approach to coaching, but I LOVED seeing that fire. I hope to see more of it. I think the guys rally around it when used appropriately. Being of such a general calm nature makes these blow ups even more meaningful to the guys. 

Way to go, McD 

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Jumpin  in late here but I had to vent: 

I’ve been a McD critic since day one, and I’ve been happily eating crow so far this year. Yet, one of my remaining criticisms has been that his sideline demeanor drives me nuts. It always bugged me that I seemed to be more passionate and fired up at certain times than the head coach. Obviously lots of ppl value is calm nature and positive approach to coaching, but I LOVED seeing that fire. I hope to see more of it. I think the guys rally around it when used appropriately. Being of such a general calm nature makes these blow ups even more meaningful to the guys. 

Way to go, McD 

this posters name checks out, guys

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Markaf431 said:

Spot on implies you have facts to back your statements.  Produce your facts, if not everything you said is an opinion

You can infer whatever you want from my statement, but I’m not wasting time w people who have hostile aggressive attitudes like you. You’re already preset against my stance. But for sure keep believing that the ref situation isn’t intentional on the NFL’s part. 

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

You can infer whatever you want from my statement, but I’m not wasting time w people who have hostile aggressive attitudes like you. You’re already preset against my stance. But for sure keep believing that the ref situation isn’t intentional on the NFL’s part. 

Proving you have nothing because you go on the defensive when asked to prove your statement.  Yeah you've got nothing.  

On 12/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, RyanC883 said:

The part-time thing does not bother me as much as the fact they are awful.  I'm not sure, but I think college FB is part-time as well.  The problem is that there is zero accountability apparently besides not getting the "big games."  And who is grading them.  I mean, missing 12 men in a huddle should be a fine.  plain and simple.  

I'm in the minority and didn't mind it.  It's against the Bills defense, the Ravens know they needed points, and there was a chance at catching the D sleeping.  Reminded me of Marino (I think) faking the clocking years ago.  

I agree.  It was just gamesmanship.  Just like when a team is in victory formation and a defender pushes through.  I like that they don’t just accept defeat.  Maybe they could cause a fumble.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Schinao?

Who?

A school you say?

Greg Schiano.  Look him up. He coached the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was known for his situational football acumen and highly aggressive defenses.  Schiano revolutionized the way defenses counter the victory formation and is to this day considered a total ####### by everyone including his own mother.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1