Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Just heard this on the extra point show with Sal C.  Does anyone know what the hell happened?

I haven't found the "Mcdermott/Tunnel" bit yet. (edit: 18:55)

On a more positive note, at about 11 minutes, a caller said he and his brother sit row 3, on the rail by the tunnel, and after the game Harbaugh looked right at them and said "you guys got a really good team here".  Sal C added an anecdote where he was chatting up David Culley (now assistant HC/WR coach for the Ravens, Sal says he played golf with him while he was here) and Culley said the same thing.

It's one thing to hear it from Harbaugh in a presser - coaches are always diplomatic in pressers though I thought the extent of what Harbaugh said went further than that - but unsolicited compliments to random fans and casual acquiantences in the media, that seems sincere.

Second point, I had forgotten that Culley is now coaching for the Ravens.  So they have an "in" on Josh Allen's tendencies and Daboll's offense from a guy who was in it last year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Pats owe the entire league 5 years worth of crappy non calls by the Refs 

Its honestly more like 20.

"Just give it to them" happened in 1998, and that was really the beginning of it from what I can tell. They even gifted the Pats a final untimed down after that to guarantee their win.

20 years later, a tuck rule, a lot of cheating allowed, and a ton of bad calls... here we are.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

"Just give it to them" happened in 1998, and that was really the beginning of it from what I can tell. They even gifted the Pats a final untimed down after that to guarantee their win.

20 years later, a tuck rule, a lot of cheating allowed, and a ton of bad calls... here we are.

i don't believe Flutie for one second on that one

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Just heard this on the extra point show with Sal C.  Does anyone know what the hell happened?

Edit:  OK, in Sal's show, it's at about 18:55.  Caller said on TV they said that Ravens players were talking smack to McDermott and he had to be restrained from going after them.

Our (relatively tiny) HC against a couple of Ravens DL, my money is on McD.  ?  NFL Wrestling Smackdown.

If I were Harbaugh, I would play chess with McDermott in a minute, but I wouldn't accept a challenge to wrestle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Edit:  OK, in Sal's show, it's at about 18:55.  Caller said on TV they said that Ravens players were talking smack to McDermott and he had to be restrained from going after them.

Our (relatively tiny) HC against a couple of Ravens DL, my money is on McD.  ?  NFL Wrestling Smackdown.

If I were Harbaugh, I would play chess with McDermott in a minute, but I wouldn't accept a challenge to wrestle.

Tell Harbaugh to ask his brother how altercations go with the Bills...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/flashback-jim-harbaugh-once-broke-his-hand-punching-jim-kelly/

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

PI in the end zone on a hail mary.... SMDH

Worst part is some down on his luck guy hit 9 out of 10 on a 10 game parlay and the one he lost was because buffalo didn't cover.  Vinateri walked into the end zone for 2 points since we didn't line up.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

For as much as the fans drink in that stadium I'm waiting for the full field fan incursion. Worst officiated game I have watched in a long time.

The defensive holding call on Star L. had to be the worst call I have ever seen in 45+ years of watching NFL games. He was simply doing what defensive players do every play of every game, and that is throwing the offensive guy out of the way, if they have the strength to do so. Of course, nowadays, offensive players (especially linemen and tight ends) use their hands to hold onto the defensive player on virtually every play. I guess this is acceptable in today's NFL, because it happens so often. The technique is to place both hands on either side of the other guy's shoulder pads and GRAB ON as tight as possible....you can see it on every play.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Then there was the blatent PI at the end of the half, but he can't be too upset about that since he did not challenge it.  I could see challenging it, getting screwed, and then being upset.  

It was pass interference but I've yet to see similar calls get overturned.  

6 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

The defensive holding call on Star L. had to be the worst call I have ever seen in 45+ years of watching NFL games. He was simply doing what defensive players do every play of every game, and that is throwing the offensive guy out of the way, if they have the strength to do so. Of course, nowadays, offensive players (especially linemen and tight ends) use their hands to hold onto the defensive player on virtually every play. I guess this is acceptable in today's NFL, because it happens so often. The technique is to place both hands on either side of the other guy's shoulder pads and GRAB ON as tight as possible....you can see it on every play.

holding is not putting your hands on the opponent....

it's getting beat by your opponent and then grabbing them to try to recover your position

McDermott should have challenged the non call for DPI. Jets and Browns each had one overturned yesterday, with the Jets call deciding the game. It was definitely worth a possible lost timeout, as these calls have been getting overturned lately. The league was concerned about how fans would react if they suddenly started overturning them in the playoffs, so challenges have been won last few weeks. McD has to be on top of this development and throw that challenge flag. The timeout didn’t matter. 

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It was pass interference but I've yet to see similar calls get overturned.  

Then you haven’t been paying attention the last few weeks, starting with the non call in New Orleans( ironically enough) vs CAR . 

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

You want the real explanation? Or like everyone else are you going to schluff it off and act like this is impossible?

The NFL is highly scripted. Vegas is a very important aspect of this. You guys are all confused bc you don’t know who actually controls the NFL and what their agenda is. 

You our make a great and obvious point—how can such a ridiculously profitable organization seemingly not be able to figure out how to improve their referee issue? It’s bc they don’t want to. And you all just buy the excuse that they’re humans who make mistakes and it’s a fast game and they’re just not good blah blah blah. 

This is allows them to steer games very effectively without any traction being gained to the argument that they’re rigging this. 

Use the the hottest two word term going and say I’m crazy but this is how it works. Don’t believe me? Get used to being angry and confused about this.