Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

53 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Good.

Even if you're wrong, give 'em an earful.

Refs are human; they look for makeup calls. We got 'em when we needed 'em too.

Gotta work the refs; the good ones all do it.

and the not so good ones get earmarked for continuous ref reparations. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like PF is called inconsistently but I didn’t think it was the wrong call when I watched it. The other 2 maybe could have gone either way and are always judgment calls but it doesn’t matter  if it’s a huge spot when it’s questionable - it’s a huge spot for both teams and they call it how they see it. OTOH they did not call what  most thought was an obvious DPI on Foster do it wasnt like it was called one way. Guess i don’t see any of the ones they called on the Ravens as “awful”

totally agree on foster.  That was obvious.  The call on Beasley ... I didn’t think think it was a great call (it was right in front of me) bc I didn’t see how beasley would have come near the ball.  But it wasn’t horrible, either, and fair in the context of the game. 

this brings up another point.  If/when we see them again, I wonder if we see Duke Williams dress.  Baltimore was pretty physical with our smurf receivers yesterday, and if they’re going to play cover zero like that again we have to have a receiver who can win a slant route.  The throw to brown at the end of the game is the perfect example of what we will have to connect on next time against them (or maybe even this week at Pittsburgh). 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

One thing the league is struggling with is breaking in so many new officials. 

There was a big retirement purge the past two years and many of these guys are like rookies and second-year players.  Even if they've had a lot of college level experience, the speed of the NFL is a big, big step up for them.   And many are failing badly...

I would hope with the $$$ involved in the nfl there would be a significant, standardized training program/skills requirements/testing for the job.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

What difference would it make? What are full-time NFL refs do during the week? Study film? Will that prevent them from blowing a whistle before a fumble recovery or throwing a flag on a phantom flag? If anything it will make things worse because they will feel the need to legitimize their existence even more by overofficiating.

Maybe another ref - maybe an eye in the sky ref to assist.  Either would help.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nucci said:

it was brutal around the league...watching Red Zone channel...just awful

I watch Directv eight game at a time.   You can see how uneven officiating is around the league.  Brutal in a nutshell

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I would hope with the $$$ involved in the nfl there would be a significant, standardized training program/skills requirements/testing for the job.

You can't just buy or train experience off the shelf.  That's why they call it experience...

I think it was the no call on the pass interference....then followed by the complete blunder of the 12 men on the field

Its good to see that McD understands the importance of the game....we needed to play  mistake free ball to beat a team like Baltimore.....we almost pulled it off

I actually came out of the game feeling better because I know the bills are dangerous now...the bills are NOT the team you want to be playing in the playoffs due to our defense and Josh Allen's ability to turn it on at the end of games.

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

The officials are professionals, it is a part time job which is why they are part time.   And it is clear you have no idea what they do do as prep and training.  The refs have an impossible job, no human can see all these details in real time.  They keep adding rules that makes the job more complicated.  Still it is an execution by a human in real time issue, no one is really capable of seeing all this stuff.  Officials have always missed things, but today we have HD  slow mo, instant twitter gifs to comment on in real time.    More technology is the only answer otherwise its imperfect, accept it.

Studying 40 hours a week in the offseason will change nothin.g

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Just heard this on the extra point show with Sal C.  Does anyone know what the hell happened?

The Ravens blatantly had 12 men in the huddle prior to their first touchdown and it wasn't called.

They called a timeout and scored the next play. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Ravens blatantly had 12 men in the huddle prior to their first touchdown and it wasn't called.

the worst part was that man #12 sprinted out of the huddle a few seconds before the timeout was called.  It as plain as day. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

on a play that would not have netted eight yards.  Big non-call. 

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm not talking about on the field.  I'm talking about in the tunnel at halftime, but I've heard players on the Ravens were taunting him.  I want to play them in the playoffs.  *****

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

the worst part was that man #12 sprinted out of the huddle a few seconds before the timeout was called.  It as plain as day. 

on a play that would not have netted eight yards.  Big non-call. 

Exactly. 

NFL officiating is just terrible. As much as I despise them, the Pats got robbed yesterday. 

There's just no accountability when key plays are ruined by the referees. 

• Thank you (+1) 1