Reportedly McDermott needed to be restrained in the tunnel at halftime

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which awful calls in the 2nd half were in the Bills favor? Serious question because I don’t remember any that seemed incorrect. 

They only showed the one PF on earl thomas where he kind of hit allen?  But that was that weird play where allen was kind of blocking if i recall.

The beasley PI was also questionable - I'm not even sure what really happened.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I have zero problem with the trick play.  It's the middle of a tight game, why not take a shot?  It's not as if they were piling on or anything.  I can't imagine McDermott was pissed about that play.  It had to be the 12 men on the field missed call.

No - but try that S--T again and I'm laying out LJ.  I thought he had the ball and there was no whistle - what do you want?

49 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

terrible officiating at the end of the 1st half is my guess.  Ravens had 12 men on the field and there was no call.  Then there was the blatent PI at the end of the half, but he can't be too upset about that since he did not challenge it.  I could see challenging it, getting screwed, and then being upset.  

Interested to hear if there is anything more.  

Glad to see him fired up.  The officiating in the 1st half was terrible, much better in the 2nd.  

It had to be the 12 men in the huddle, that led to 3rd and goal from the 4 rather than 3rd and goal from the 9, which could have saved 7 points.

I might be wrong, but I think the PI was inside 2 minutes. Unsure if PI is also relegated to the 2:00 rule. That might be why he didn't throw the flag. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

One thing the league is struggling with is breaking in so many new officials. 

There was a big retirement purge the past two years and many of these guys are like rookies and second-year players.  Even if they've had a lot of college level experience, the speed of the NFL is a big, big step up for them.   And many are failing badly...

Ok.  The only time I paid attention to McDermott talking with SL official was after this play:  Ravens player signals fair catch and vacates the area of the ball.  Bills player catches the ball and it is marked at the 8.  Ravens are penalized because their return man had made a block after the fair catch signal.  The ball gets spotted at the 6.  Huh?  8 divided by 2 = 6?  Anyone got a better explanation for what happened?  It seemed coach was upset with that too but not vein poppingly so.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

For as much as the fans drink in that stadium I'm waiting for the full field fan incursion. Worst officiated game I have watched in a long time.

it was brutal around the league...watching Red Zone channel...just awful

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which awful calls in the 2nd half were in the Bills favor? Serious question because I don’t remember any that seemed incorrect. 

They gifted us a chance to win at the end of the game. The first PF was complete BS. Other two penalties were highly questionable in huge spots. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Can someone explain to me how the NFL, the multi-multi billion dollar industry, uses amateur, part time officials for their games?

Its treated like a beer league, these guys get to forget their regular 9-5's and play dress up/ make a few bucks on the weekend.  They have proven on a weekly basis for years that they have no business being on the field yet here we are, EVERY week.

This *1000 add in the business ties some of these refs have with nfl owners it’s no wonder they make certain calls. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

They gifted us a chance to win at the end of the game. The first PF was complete BS. Other two penalties were highly questionable in huge spots. 

Agreed. Reminded me a bit of the Carolina game a few years ago. 

29 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

What difference would it make? What are full-time NFL refs do during the week? Study film? Will that prevent them from blowing a whistle before a fumble recovery or throwing a flag on a phantom flag? If anything it will make things worse because they will feel the need to legitimize their existence even more by overofficiating.

8 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Ok.  The only time I paid attention to McDermott talking with SL official was after this play:  Ravens player signals fair catch and vacates the area of the ball.  Bills player catches the ball and it is marked at the 8.  Ravens are penalized because their return man had made a block after the fair catch signal.  The ball gets spotted at the 6.  Huh?  8 divided by 2 = 6?  Anyone got a better explanation for what happened?  It seemed coach was upset with that too but not vein poppingly so.

good catch.  I couldn’t hear the penalty call at the stadium (official on ravens sideline dropped the flag late), so I figured that’s what it was, and I couldn’t believe the spot wasn’t corrected.   It seemed to me the penalty wasn’t marked off at all, but maybe I had Neal catching the ball deeper than he did.  Either way the math didn’t wash.  

FWIW, not sure how much of this CBS caught, but McDermott indeed lost his mind about the non-call on 12 in the huddle.  As well he should have.  It was blatant.  And it’s not a judgment call, so there should have been no room for discretion.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Seems like PF is called inconsistently but I didn’t think it was the wrong call when I watched it. The other 2 maybe could have gone either way and are always judgment calls but it doesn’t matter  if it’s a huge spot when it’s questionable - it’s a huge spot for both teams and they call it how they see it. OTOH they did not call what  most thought was an obvious DPI on Foster do it wasnt like it was called one way. Guess i don’t see any of the ones they called on the Ravens as “awful”

47 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

McD's tirade at the officials reminded me of Marv Levy.  He'd chew on the "over-officious jerks" every game.  

or Marv whining to Rozelle to stop the Bengals from a no-huddle O in the AFC CG?