I just love the fact that if we beat the Steelers that New England game still matters for the division

38 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well then the playoff machine is incorrect then too.  I have the Bills at the 3rd seed and Pats the 5th seed if they lose to either Miami or Cinci and we run the table.

That's what I was saying. In your scenario, the Bills finish with a better record than the Patriots. That's the only way to win the division.

@Badasss wanted to know if we win the division if we run the table and the Patriots lose only to us. The answer to that is no because we would have the same record.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's what I was saying. In your scenario, the Bills finish with a better record than the Patriots. That's the only way to win the division.

@Badasss wanted to know if we win the division if we run the table and the Patriots lose only to us. The answer to that is no because we would have the same record.

Gotcha

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Absolutely. I think there's a very good chance we lose this game if the offense brings less than their A game. The Steelers are favored, so there's that. This is by NO MEANS some kind of game you can chalk up as a win.

People don't want to think about it, but it's entirely possible the Jets game becomes a must win game to get into the playoffs. Those are just the facts.

And the Steelers are going to bring that same amount of heat on Allen just like the Ravens did. After watching that game yesterday the Steelers Dline are probably salivating at the mouth thinking they can do the same and create TO's.

So hope the Bills Oline and Allen and co. are more prepared for it this time around, we will see.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

lol.  We can only hope. 

the Pats game matters to me because I want to see the Pats go down at the hand of the Bills!!!  

Could you imagine the fan blowup if somehow the Pats lost to Cinci next week, the Bills beat Pitts, then the Bills beat them in their own house knowing just the Jets game is to come. Some day that will actually happen.  It would be freaking awesome if it happened this year.  If it does I hope the TV crews show their fans outrage.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Could you imagine the fan blowup if somehow the Pats lost to Cinci next week, the Bills beat Pitts, then the Bills beat them in their own house knowing just the Jets game is to come. Some day that will actually happen.  It would be freaking awesome if it happened this year.  If it does I hope the TV crews show their fans outrage.

damn straight it would be awesome!!!

Lets hope the Red Rifle strikes again!!!!

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They should have been preparing for it for weeks now, as it’s the one thing they’ve consistently struggled against. I’d expect them to be well versed in screens, cover zero blitz beaters by this point.

True enough although they haven’t seen this caliber of blitz from a defense. They gotta find a way to beat it because it’s definitely their big weakness!

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

And the Steelers are going to bring that same amount of heat on Allen just like the Ravens did. After watching that game yesterday the Steelers Dline are probably salivating at the mouth thinking they can do the same and create TO's.

So hope the Bills Oline and Allen and co. are more prepared for it this time around, we will see.

For sure my man. I'm not trying to be "that guy," but we gotta deal with reality. Gonna take a quality outing from the offense against a good defense to beat Pitt, let alone NE. Just glad we beat the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

For sure my man. I'm not trying to be "that guy," but we gotta deal with reality. Gonna take a quality outing from the offense against a good defense to beat Pitt, let alone NE. Just glad we beat the Titans.

Cannot keep dropping catchable balls! Every time they do this, you can actually feel the game slipping away!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No. We lose the tiebreaker to the Patriots in any scenario. The only way to win the division is to finish with a better record than NE.

There's been some lazy reporting that has led to a lot of misunderstanding.

That is not true.  If we lose to the Steelers, but win against the Patriots and the Jets we finish 11-5.  Patriots beat Cinci but then lose to us and Miami to finish 11-5.  We win the tie breaker because we would be 5-1 in the division and NE would be 4-2.   It wouldn't get to common opponents in that case which is where we lose out to NE. 

There is no way for NE to clinch the division this week even if we lose and they win. 

19 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am out of practice dealing with playoffs scenarios in mid December. 

I am used to crazy formulas where every team in the hunt needs to lose.

Which, shockingly, actually happened last week. The only thing that didn't happen is a Bills win

20 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Anybody else concerned about losing to the Steelers? 

Any given Sunday--of course I'm concerned, they [Steelers] have been punching above their weight class for weeks now. But is it the best I've ever felt about going to Pittsburgh in basically forever nonetheless? Yes. 

But it really sucks to know that we likely beat them in our first matchup if they didn't CHEAT US.  

Oh, and they will most likely CHEAT THIS TIME TOO.

I hope all you fans accepting their 20 STRAIGHT YEARS OF CHEATING are cool with us losing out on a few home playoff games. 

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Any given Sunday--of course I'm concerned, they [Steelers] have been punching above their weight class for weeks now. But is it the best I've ever felt about going to Pittsburgh in basically forever nonetheless? Yes. 

I gotta agree with you. I'm fighting my inner Bills fan of years gone by and trying to go into games thinking we are the better team and should win BUT history has a way of repeating itself. See I just cant do it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

We certainly have a solid chance against the Steelers in this game at Pittsburgh - been many years since I could say that! Truth is, for the most part, most NFL rosters are so full of incredible athletes that the games almost always could go either way. This game, like most, will come down to a few keys plays here or there. Given the quality of our defense & the fact that the Steelers will be playing a third string quarterback (no matter how good he has looked these last few weeks) - this is the week to clinch our spot in the postseason. Force some turnovers & make some plays on special teams - about time for Roberts to return a kick all the way this week. Can't think of anything that could relieve the pressure felt by our offense more than that. Don't like the idea of our spot in the playoffs coming down to Foxboro or the finale with the Jets. Pittsburgh is a tough match up - but this is the week to secure our spot in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

We certainly have a solid chance against the Steelers in this game at Pittsburgh - been many years since I could say that! Truth is, for the most part, most NFL rosters are so full of incredible athletes that the games almost always could go either way. This game, like most, will come down to a few keys plays here or there. Given the quality of our defense & the fact that the Steelers will be playing a third string quarterback (no matter how good he has looked these last few weeks) - this is the week to clinch our spot in the postseason. Force some turnovers & make some plays on special teams - about time for Roberts to return a kick all the way this week. Can't think of anything that could relieve the pressure felt by our offense more than that. Don't like the idea of our spot in the playoffs coming down to Foxboro or the finale with the Jets. Pittsburgh is a tough match up - but this is the week to secure our spot in the playoffs.  

So you expect the team to win by doing things they haven’t done this season ? Namely taking the ball away and making plays on special teams. The functionality of the Bills offense will dictate the outcome of this one. 

Not expecting - More like hoping. After investing in a "pro bowl" kick returner - we shouldn't go, the entire season without making a key big play sometime - I am hopeful that this will be the week. You are correct that the performance of the offense will likely dictate our success this week - my lack of confidence in our offense versus the Steelers defense leads me to hope for some significant contribution form special teams. If we don't finally get that special teams contribution - could be another frustrating game Sunday night.