I just love the fact that if we beat the Steelers that New England game still matters for the division

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bingo—then magically we’ll see more base looks with running lanes for Josh and time for longer developing routes, etc. Donuts, do you expect a significant number of Bills fans to travel to this game? 

A lot, NHK, but man we know this is Pittsburgh...are their fans giving up tickets?  So much better if this Steelers team was 5-8 right now, but this just makes this whole season more exacting.

Full Disclosure:  a buddy of mine invited me to go with him to the game, but work and family just makes it impossible.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Please show your math.

I've looked at the schedules and playoff machine scenarios int he Playoff thread and I don't see it happening 

Cincinnati has 1 win.  Even at home they stand a snowballs chance in hell to beat the Pats after 2 straight losses.

Miami doesn't play well in the cold 

@NoHuddleKelly12

I've actually been using the "Any Given Sunday" equation/calculator.  It is not a full proof computation, but sometimes the resulting figures have been advantageous to football teams named "Bills" and some college basketball teams named "Wolfpack" and "Wildcats"....albeit it helps when you have Italian coaches in basketball.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

A lot, NHK, but man we know this is Pittsburgh...are their fans giving up tickets?  So much better if this Steelers team was 5-8 right now, but this just makes this whole season more exacting.

Full Disclosure:  a buddy of mine invited me to go with him to the game, but work and family just makes it impossible.

This would’ve been a great add-on to visiting my fam up in Western Pa, but I can’t get out of town at the moment, similar issues. Plus I’m still traumatized from the last time I ever saw the Bills play at old 3Rivers—the 1993 Monday night beatdown 0-23...I should prolly look at getting into some therapy for that :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

There is zero chance that The Bangles beat the patriots.  Don't get your hopes up no division this year

I think there is a small chance. Their offence is bad enough to let most teams hang around.

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This would’ve been a great add-on to visiting my fam up in Western Pa, but I can’t get out of town at the moment, similar issues. Plus I’m still traumatized from the last time I ever saw the Bills play at old 3Rivers—the 1993 Monday night beatdown 0-23...I should prolly look at getting into some therapy for that :bag:

The Steelers have beat us down so many times. It’s almost as bad as my Patriots trauma. Hopefully, the team can help us with that the next couple of weeks because the only therapy is wins.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, I think they probably will lose (I’ve thought that for weeks now) but the good news is they don’t need to win it anymore. The AFC results yesterday have rewarded the Bills for their season thus far and they control their own fate. Win one more game and they’re in. Steelers are a bad matchup for the Bills lack of firepower on offense. 

What happens if the Steelers and Titans win out and we only win one?

4 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

Then the Titans win their division.  The Texans will have 7 losses and are out.

Do we still get in if the Bills, Steelers, Titans, and Texans all have 10 wins? Even with a Steelers head to head loss? The Titans win is proving to be huge.

17 minutes ago, billspro said:

Do we still get in if the Bills, Steelers, Titans, and Texans all have 10 wins? Even with a Steelers head to head loss? The Titans win is proving to be huge.

Google is your friend.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/12/08/buffalo-bills-playoff-picture-win-one-more-game-and-theyre/4379069002/

41 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hope they are right. I am sure ties or something could screw things up a bit. Solid chance though. I would rather us just take care of business. I don’t really pay attention to these things until week 17.

Just now, Bring it said:

The blitzing that the Ravens brought should certainly help our offense prepare for anything the Steelers will do. Should be a good game!!

They should have been preparing for it for weeks now, as it’s the one thing they’ve consistently struggled against. I’d expect them to be well versed in screens, cover zero blitz beaters by this point.

6 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

There is zero chance that The Bangles beat the patriots.  Don't get your hopes up no division this year

There is never, ever a 0% chance of victory in an NFL football game. Absolutely never. If you want to go on the extreme low end of odds, the Bengals have about a 20% chance of beating the Pats and the Dolphins have a similar chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

There is never, ever a 0% chance of victory in an NFL football game. Absolutely never. If you want to go on the extreme low end of odds, the Bengals have about a 20% chance of beating the Pats and the Dolphins have a similar chance. 

Nope this it a big  FAT ZERO chance the Bengals win.

Edited by ALLEN1QB

5 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Anybody else concerned about losing to the Steelers? 

Absolutely. I think there's a very good chance we lose this game if the offense brings less than their A game. The Steelers are favored, so there's that. This is by NO MEANS some kind of game you can chalk up as a win.

People don't want to think about it, but it's entirely possible the Jets game becomes a must win game to get into the playoffs. Those are just the facts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Anybody else concerned about losing to the Steelers? 

Yes. Playing a night game is something this team hasn't done, and it's different for the body and mind. The Steelers are used to it. And that environment in Pittsburgh... Sheesh.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But with Fitzpatrick, anything can happen on any given Sunday and he knows he can take an inferior team and beat the Pats in Foxboro - he's done it.

I've fantasized about this as well, but when did Fitz win in NE?

What gives me the most hope is that Flores knows them.

40 minutes ago, Badasss said:

If we run the table and the Pats beat Miami and Cincinnati, we win the division, correct?

No. We lose the tiebreaker to the Patriots in any scenario. The only way to win the division is to finish with a better record than NE.

There's been some lazy reporting that has led to a lot of misunderstanding.

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Please show your math.

I've looked at the schedules and playoff machine scenarios int he Playoff thread and I don't see it happening 

Cincinnati has 1 win.  Even at home they stand a snowballs chance in hell to beat the Pats after 2 straight losses.

Miami doesn't play well in the cold 

Don't need math.  We got Fitzmagic.  He's magic man.  Magic.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billspro said:

What happens if the Steelers and Titans win out and we only win one?

The Bills would get the 6th seed.  The Bills are in no matter what if they win any one game in the next 3 weeks.  At least that's how I understand it.  Beating Pitts locks us in the 5th seed regardless of what else happens and still gives us a shot at the division.

55 minutes ago, Badasss said:

If we run the table and the Pats beat Miami and Cincinnati, we win the division, correct?

No.  If we run the table and the Pats LOSE to either Miami or Cinci then we win the division.

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yes. Playing a night game is something this team hasn't done, and it's different for the body and mind. The Steelers are used to it. And that environment in Pittsburgh... Sheesh.

I've fantasized about this as well, but when did Fitz win in NE?

What gives me the most hope is that Flores knows them.

No. We lose the tiebreaker to the Patriots in any scenario. The only way to win the division is to finish with a better record than NE.

There's been some lazy reporting that has led to a lot of misunderstanding.

Well then the playoff machine is incorrect then too.  I have the Bills at the 3rd seed and Pats the 5th seed if they lose to either Miami or Cinci and we run the table.