I just love the fact that if we beat the Steelers that New England game still matters for the division

Who'd have thought?

Sorry if this is a short and meaningless thread.  Mods, please lock if you feel it necessary, but it's just I love thinking about this...not to get ahead.  I think this gives the Steelers game as much meaning on the national stage, as well, that we could have hoped for.  It is more than the Bills are just trying to win and in, and the Steelers are playing for the their playoff lives...a division in football is on the line here and for the first time in eons it is the AFC East.

Go Bills!

Oh...and once again into the breach for Buffalo...Go Bengals and Go Fitzy!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Been a long time since a very late Dec. game was this meaningful.  I know, two years ago they had to win to have a miracle mean anything.  But to have a shot at the division, against the vaunted Pats is very excited.  They need to take care of business next week though.

will be a huge game for many reasons: 

(1) the AFC East.  And imagine if NE somehow loses before the game.  Even bigger.  

(2) The Bills offense.  The Bills offense has sputtered against top defenses this year.  (no, Dallas is not a top D).  Against both NE and Balt the offense has been terrible.  Is it play-calling, Josh, lack of talent on O-line and at WR, all of the above, some combination.  In the end, it does not really matter to a fan.  Seeing it get fixed matters.   This may be the best D the Bills face to date, if not, it's one that is certainly in the same league as Balt and NE.  

(3) I also want to see how many Bills fans are at this game.  Hopefully lots.  It's close to Buffalo, and many Bills fans appear to live here.  Lets show the NFL we are the best fans.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

will be a huge game for many reasons: 

(1) the AFC East.  And imagine if NE somehow loses before the game.  Even bigger.  

(2) The Bills offense.  The Bills offense has sputtered against top defenses this year.  (no, Dallas is not a top D).  Against both NE and Balt the offense has been terrible.  Is it play-calling, Josh, lack of talent on O-line and at WR, all of the above, some combination.  In the end, it does not really matter to a fan.  Seeing it get fixed matters.   This may be the best D the Bills face to date, if not, it's one that is certainly in the same league as Balt and NE.  

(3) I also want to see how many Bills fans are at this game.  Hopefully lots.  It's close to Buffalo, and many Bills fans appear to live here.  Lets show the NFL we are the best fans.  

It's playing two top 5 teams/defenses. I would've been shocked if Josh somehow handled them yesterday. It was always going to be exotic blitzes and zero time for him to throw. 

We can still win the division no matter what happens this coming week.  Wins against the Patriots and Jets and then the Patriots losing to Miami in week 17 gives us the division even if we lose to the Steelers. 

There are also realistic scenarios where we can clinch a wildcard by the end of week 16 even with losses both weeks.  It's pretty crazy how much has to go wrong for us not to make it in.  We lose out and the odds of making it are still over 50% right now. 

With all that said, let's just win Sunday night, lock up the postseason and then see what we can do in Foxborough! 

Edited by jhh9327
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its like you can see the changing of the guard in the East happening right in front of us at long last

The pats are faltering

The bills are coming on strong.....young pieces....lot of cap space...comp coaching.....great GM

The fins.....rebiulding

The jets....flapping in the wind

I feel like we are about to go on a run of AFC East Titles that are hopefully going to get us to the show....we are not completely biult yet....but its close.  Close enough that maybe its time to take a stab at a offensive free agent that can make a difference to go with our young guys

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

There is zero chance that The Bangles beat the patriots.  Don't get your hopes up no division this year

I absolutely, positively won't get my hopes up...after the games are over.

For now, it is a long off season and we are STILL in the middle of this thing.

1 hour ago, jhh9327 said:

We can still win the division no matter what happens this coming week.  Wins against the Patriots and Jets and then the Patriots losing to Miami in week 17 gives us the division even if we lose to the Steelers. 

There are also realistic scenarios where we can clinch a wildcard by the end of week 16 even with losses both weeks.  It's pretty crazy how much has to go wrong for us not to make it in.  We lose out and the odds of making it are still over 50% right now. 

With all that said, let's just win Sunday night, lock up the postseason and then see what we can do in Foxborough! 

Too bad Fitzy has no experience beating the Patriots...

...oh...wait...

• Thank you (+1) 1

I also like that the stage on Sunday night shouldn’t be too big either, because of the Jerrah’s World experiences we already passed with flying colors; make no mistake, Pburgh is as tough a place to play as anywhere in the league, especially when the crowd is juiced for Primetime, but I like our chances with the individual matchups we have here. Just solve the pressure package cover zero conundrum please Daboll!!! How about some mesh concepts, screens to take advantage of over pursuit, etc—but they need to be soiling themselves over there too, to be facing our D against the Duck, who is going to be running from an angry front 7 of the Bills...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I also like that the stage on Sunday night shouldn’t be too big either, because of the Jerrah’s World experiences we already passed with flying colors; make no mistake, Pburgh is as tough a place to play as anywhere in the league, especially when the crowd is juiced for Primetime, but I like our chances with the individual matchups we have here. Just solve the pressure package cover zero conundrum please Daboll!!! How about some mesh concepts, screens to take advantage of over pursuit, etc—but they need to be soiling themselves over there too, to be facing our D against the Duck, who is going to be running from an angry front 7 of the Bills...

HUDS, just two or three times.  If they can bull rush Josh and on 2 or 3 occasions he makes them pay for it, the story starts to change on what you do against him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

HUDS, just two or three times.  If they can bull rush Josh and on 2 or 3 occasions he makes them pay for it, the story starts to change on what you do against him.

Bingo—then magically we’ll see more base looks with running lanes for Josh and time for longer developing routes, etc. Donuts, do you expect a significant number of Bills fans to travel to this game? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love that the Cheaters will hopefully have games they'll want/need to win right up to the end of season and not just be able to rest people the last weeks 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

There is zero chance that The Bangles beat the patriots.  Don't get your hopes up no division this year

Hmmm Hmmm. 

Well, probably not, but Dalton played well against the Jets and moved the chains with some miscues against the Browns. 

Dalton is playing for his career at this point, since Cincy will probably draft a guy and move on and he'd like a QB-needy team to pick him up if Cincy cuts him or even make them an offer.

The team I give an outside chance to is the Dolphins with Fitzpatrick.  If something is actually on the line, NE will come out like an angry bear with a sore paw.  But with Fitzpatrick, anything can happen on any given Sunday and he knows he can take an inferior team and beat the Pats in Foxboro - he's done it.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Who'd have thought?

Sorry if this is a short and meaningless thread.  Mods, please lock if you feel it necessary, but it's just I love thinking about this...not to get ahead.  I think this gives the Steelers game as much meaning on the national stage, as well, that we could have hoped for.  It is more than the Bills are just trying to win and in, and the Steelers are playing for the their playoff lives...a division in football is on the line here and for the first time in eons it is the AFC East.

Go Bills!

As a mod, it's fine

As a fan, I hate this stuff.  One game at a time.  "Not to get ahead" doesn't change that's exactly what you're doing.  We just got our asses handed to us by a very good D.  The Steelers D is also very good and just had a blueprint given them.  I'd rather handle that game first before what-if'ing.  We could go into Foxboro with our chance for the playoffs on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Anybody else concerned about losing to the Steelers? 

Well, I think they probably will lose (I’ve thought that for weeks now) but the good news is they don’t need to win it anymore. The AFC results yesterday have rewarded the Bills for their season thus far and they control their own fate. Win one more game and they’re in. Steelers are a bad matchup for the Bills lack of firepower on offense. 

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Who'd have thought?

Go Bills!

Please show your math.

I've looked at the schedules and playoff machine scenarios int he Playoff thread and I don't see it happening 

Cincinnati has 1 win.  Even at home they stand a snowballs chance in hell to beat the Pats after 2 straight losses.

Miami doesn't play well in the cold