Can we give Edmunds some love?

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes, it seemed to me like he was a little over eager on that play to get to the edge in case Jackson ran it, and in doing so left a man open. But it happens. He is on an upward trajectory.

I'm not sure what he is supposed to do there. If he doesn't play Jackson, he just walks in for a TD.  It seems the safety is supposed to have the TE in converge there.  Its just a really well designed play. 

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He was already lights out being able to cover in obvious passing situations, but it’s been great to see development against the run, which should be an MLB’s staple, and will truly seal this kid’s ascent to our Defensive QB; don’t forget he was starting in the league while guys his senior were still playing college ball...just sayin’

So, so good yesterday.

I wish things would have played out differently, but honestly I am no overly upset or disappointed in yesterday's game.

Less drops please and some better play calling, but that is it.  We can hang...with anybody.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He is absolutely a star in the making. I would like to see them blitz him more often from the outside just cause I’m not sure he is blockable with that speed. Either way though he’s a fantastic player and it’s kinda crazy to think it’s possible he’s not even close to peaking yet. 

on a side note while we’re tossing some love around Shaq Lawson is most deserving of an I’m sorry thread. Some Fans have hated the pick since day one and written him off and wanted him traded or cut since day one. 
He was drafted too high, but you have to respect his work ethic and ability to get better. First he couldn’t stay healthy. Couldn’t rush the passer. Yesterday his work on the edge was amazing. He was either so fooled he couldn’t move or his discipline to maintain his edge was perfect. He was a monster reason Lamar had trouble breaking from the pocket. He is never going to be a league leader in sacks or defensive MVP but he is a starting defensive end in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Congratulations on outstanding use of the apostrophe.  There is hope for the English language.

Occasionally it happens here........do you think the Bill's will beat the Steeler's ??.....?

Edited by BuffaninATL
add emoji

Our defensive front seven is one of the best in football.

Edmunds is a big part of that. He and Milano have formed a really good partnership.

I love Alexander and what he's about, but if we could add another athletic linebacker who has better movement skills, this defense could be even better. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

So, so good yesterday.

I wish things would have played out differently, but honestly I am no overly upset or disappointed in yesterday's game.

Less drops please and some better play calling, but that is it.  We can hang...with anybody.

13-3 remains reserved for our SB caliber 90’s teams, as much as I hate to admit that. However, we are at least 1988 or 1992 good imho. That was a 12-4, 11-5 squad respectively, and deep runs for both...yes, we can hang with anyone, and a few breaks more go our way...we are priming for seriously good things coming Buffalo’s way in the next year +, to say nothing of getting to the playoffs this year, which will make 2/3 for this regime and counting. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Our defensive front seven is one of the best in football.

Edmunds is a big part of that. He and Milano have formed a really good partnership.

I love Alexander and what he's about, but if we could add another athletic linebacker who has better movement skills, this defense could be even better. 

another LB and a pass-rushing edge is my offseason D wish list.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm not sure what he is supposed to do there. If he doesn't play Jackson, he just walks in for a TD.  It seems the safety is supposed to have the TE in converge there.  Its just a really well designed play. 

There were other defenders out there ahead of Edmunds.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

There were other defenders out there ahead of Edmunds.

Are we watching the same play? Are you talking about the option shovel pass TD? I ask because I misremembered where Edmunds was on that play initially. However, I just went back and watched again.  It looks like he was in the A-gap defending the RB. He wasn't anywhere near the TE or Jackson.   

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Are we watching the same play? Are you talking about the option shovel pass TD? I ask because I misremembered where Edmunds was on that play initially. However, I just went back and watched again.  It looks like he was in the A-gap defending the RB. He wasn't anywhere near the TE or Jackson.   

No, the other TD.

Edmunds is a great player it just looked like this game he took it to a different level.

In the middle of the game he started to punish the offensive players more, he saw how motor Beasley and Josh were getting hit with all the extra hits and said it's my turn. 

A phase from John wooden (he started to lay down more wood)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Edmunds is a great player it just looked like this game he took it to a different level.

In the middle of the game he started to punish the offensive players more, he saw how motor Beasley and Josh were getting hit with all the extra hits and said it's my turn. 

A phase from John wooden (he started to lay down more wood)

This.  I think he knew his assignment this week and got to make plays.  Some games the gameplan doesn't work and he needs to improvise more and he gets burned.   Good plan and good execution. 

9 hours ago, BuffaninATL said:

Occasionally it happens here........do you think the Bill's will beat the Steeler's ??.....?

I'm picking Buffalo in my pickem leagues.  I had to go with Baltimore last week.  So, I think there is at least a 50/50 shot, and probably somewhat better, given a better QB situation in Buffalo.  Buffalo has also played well on the road this season.  

• Haha (+1) 1