Can we give Edmunds some love?

Hebert19

While the D as a whole played great he was lights out I thought.  He was getting his nose dirty like I havent seen from him before.  Coming down into the gaps and sticking guys like Ingram and Edward's is NOT easy.  He also did a great job getting contain on lamar a few times.  

The light is really on for this guy right now. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

He is awesome. I love Edmunds and think he on a gradual upward projection. 

My only beef from yesterday is when the QB is rolling out On the goal line, I think he lost the TE on the throw back to just behind him. That happened in the Dallas game on the first TD as well I believe. I could be wrong because I don’t know exactly who should of been covering the TE in those cases, but Edmunds was the closest and being the MLB I would think it was him.

That is correctable and it could get him an interception  later in the year if a team tries to pick on it. 
Edmunds is this teams Darryle Talley. He will lead with his play and calm demeanor. I love Edmunds and think sky is the limit for him. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

While the D as a whole played great he was lights out I thought.  He was getting his nose dirty like I havent seen from him before.  Coming down into the gaps and sticking guys like Ingram and Edward's is NOT easy.  He also did a great job getting contain on lamar a few times.  

The light is really on for this guy right now. 

I agree with you that he played great. Fact of the matter is that he's gets his nose dirty every week. He's going to be a stud for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

With the game he (and the entire D) played, they deserved more from the O. 

The long passes in the first half boggled my mind. I get one but that many?? The percentage is just too low. 

I wish we had a solid slant or screen as they would have been highly effective against the Ravens D and it could have changed the game. 

26 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Let’s give him an unnecessary apostrophe instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe_Protection_Society

I should add this too:

In December 2019, when Richards was 96, he announced that the society was shutting down, saying that, despite its efforts, "fewer organisations and individuals are now caring about the correct use of the apostrophe"

Edmunds took a step yesterday, he still has plenty to work on. 

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good topic, I think Edmunds' play needs to be recognized.  Not only yesterday, but in the past several weeks.  He has become very good in rush defense, rushing the passer, and is looking like the player they drafted him to be.  

• Like (+1) 1

He was already lights out being able to cover in obvious passing situations, but it’s been great to see development against the run, which should be an MLB’s staple, and will truly seal this kid’s ascent to our Defensive QB; don’t forget he was starting in the league while guys his senior were still playing college ball...just sayin’

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is awesome. I love Edmunds and think he on a gradual upward projection. 

My only beef from yesterday is when the QB is rolling out On the goal line, I think he lost the TE on the throw back to just behind him. That happened in the Dallas game on the first TD as well I believe. I could be wrong because I don’t know exactly who should of been covering the TD in those cases, but Edmunds was the closest and being the MLB I would think it was him.

That is correctable and it could get him aa interception  later in the year if a team tries to pick on it. 
Edmunds is this teams Darryle Talley. He will lead with his play and calm demeanor. I love Edmunds and think sky is the limit for him. 

Yes, it seemed to me like he was a little over eager on that play to get to the edge in case Jackson ran it, and in doing so left a man open. But it happens. He is on an upward trajectory.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good topic, I think Edmunds' play needs to be recognized.  Not only yesterday, but in the past several weeks.  He has become very good in rush defense, rushing the passer, and is looking like the player they drafted him to be.  

Congratulations on outstanding use of the apostrophe.  There is hope for the English language.

• Like (+1) 2