Bengals/Dolphins... Can either one beat the pats?

Process

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

pats are winning with crazy plays like blocking 18 punts this year.  just need some random dalton great game and geno atkins destroys brady

Very True. Yesterday the Pats got the full force of Ref incompetence to go along with a very poor running O to lose that game. D gave up only 16 points on drives by KC (and that horrid INT by Brady got them the easy extra 7). 

also remember how the Brady era started.. Bledsoe got “destroyed” by the Jets D player and well 19 years later.. 

Absolutely.  The key appears to be getting enough pressure on Brady to make him get rid of it quickly. In the past, he had a quick release and his receivers could get enough separation to make it work. That is not the case any more, but if you give him too much time, he WILL still beat you.

Never say never, but both the Bengals and Dolphins are big time long shots versus the Patriots.  The Patriots don't have great receiving options for Marcia and their line can't protect him as in years past, but Belichick is still a crafty head coach and they have a quality defense.

27 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Very True. Yesterday the Pats got the full force of Ref incompetence to go along with a very poor running O to lose that game. D gave up only 16 points on drives by KC (and that horrid INT by Brady got them the easy extra 7). 

also remember how the Brady era started.. Bledsoe got “destroyed” by the Jets D player and well 19 years later.. 

Yeah, we can all thank Mo Lewis for altering the history of the NFL. 

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No chance Miami wins in New England if the Pats need that game.

Cinci has a real chance as do the Bills

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Miami winning in NE is unlikely, but not out of the question. 

You have to admire how hard they play for Flores. I don't see them rolling over the way they did for Gase last year in week 17. This will be their Super Bowl. It's a chance to give a coach in Flores a keynote win against his old team. And who knows, it may very well be the final game in Fitz's career. I'm not foolish enough to expect a Miami win, but the week 17 spoiler role is something that someone seems to play every season. 

Flores is gunna be a tough out for the next several years. I see him and McD becoming real rivals. And i agree, that team plays freaking HARD, and Flores has shown he knows he is outmanned, and is not afraid to take risks via trick plays, unexpected onsides kicks etc. Plus, he knows  that system pretty well, and if Fitz is playing lights out and accurate, he can beat that cover 0 as he knows who to throw  to throw the ball to, just sometimes doesn't get it there with accuracy

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yes the game’s in Cincinnati, but it’s going to be at least 40% Patriots fans.

My guess is more like 80%, and less than 40% full, and i no i am not exaggerating.. Damn, few years ago for the Bills game place was half empty for a September game cause it was raining. Every Bengal STH is trying to unload their tickets at any price.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

When was the last time the Pats lost 3 in a row?   

how convenient for the Pats to play 3 of 5 games at home in December ---  the last 2 at home

Now I need to remember where I had the discussion about schedule favoritism .....

The Bills play 2 of their last 3 at home. There is no favoritism. From what I have heard the Bills want most of their home games early in the season as December games are a hard sell. Even yesterday for a meaningful game tickets on secondary market could be had for cheap. The last game of the season isn't sold out yet. A team on the verge of making the playoffs should have that game sold out weeks ago. That shows December is a hard sell in Buffalo and why they need a domed stadium. 

Since I don’t play for the Bills or coach them this is the fun stuff for us fans to chat about. Coaches and players shouldn’t look ahead. That’s the privilege left for fans.

I think both the Phins and Bengals CAN beat NE. NE is nothing special. Play good ST’s and don’t turn the balm over on your side of the 50. Make Tommy and that oline drive 70 yards. They will screw it up more times than get it right. 
NE’s D isn’t scary and has been exposed. 
I could see NE losing every game. It’s not out of the question. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sure. 

yeah, why the **** not?

After a strong performance yesterday (with some hiccups) against the best team in the league I am going all in on Hope, alas Princess Leia.  

She could fly through space, you know.  Then she died in real life...very sad.  

Still believing, though, that one of those teams might be able to pull an upset.  Go Fitzmajic!

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Bengals have been playing very tough the last 4 weeks, and they get the Patriots* at home.

New England wants to get that playoff spot locked up, but this will not be an easy win for them.

I would not be shocked if the Bengals won.

The Dolphins have a far better chance. 

Dalton stinks.  Since he got back he is completing 59% of his passes on 75 throws which have produced 1 TD in 2 games.   10 games: 10 TDs and 9 ints.  1 win.

I think Fitz is more dangerous (if you can call it that).  But i don't see how either of these 2 teams win those games.  NE losses have been to 3 of the top 10 scoring teams in the league.  The Bengals in particular are doomed.

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

yeah, why the **** not?

After a strong defensive performance yesterday (with some hiccups) against the best team in the league I am going all in on Hope, alas Princess Leia.  

She could fly through space, you know.  Then she died in real life...very sad.  

Still believing, though, that one of those teams might be able to pull an upset.  Go Fitzmajic!

Fixed it for you. The Bills offense was awful starting with Allen. He has looked good against the weak teams but so far against teams with good defenses he has been bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Fixed it for you. The Bills offense was awful starting with Allen. He has looked good against the weak teams but so far against teams with good defenses he has been bad. 

Change accepted and noted.  Yeah, true, but I also think a little help around him would have helped him.

Very tangential note here...sorry guys, I am really starting to lead towards a dome.  I know it is expensive, but it really does change a lot of things for this team going forward.

16 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The Bills play 2 of their last 3 at home. There is no favoritism. From what I have heard the Bills want most of their home games early in the season as December games are a hard sell. Even yesterday for a meaningful game tickets on secondary market could be had for cheap. The last game of the season isn't sold out yet. A team on the verge of making the playoffs should have that game sold out weeks ago. That shows December is a hard sell in Buffalo and why they need a domed stadium. 

the topic is DEC games. 

Technically Thursday's game was a Dec game for Buffalo

awayhome, awayaway, home   2 of 5

NE as I said 

away, home, awayhomehome  3 of 5

playing at home week 17 is to their benefit to allow them to rest starters if needed.

But not so much this season

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Change accepted and noted.  Yeah, true, but I also think a little help around him would have helped him.

Very tangential note here...sorry guys, I am really starting to lead towards a dome.  I know it is expensive, but it really does change a lot of things for this team going forward.

I agree a dome is needed. The last game of the season isn't even sold out yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I agree a dome is needed. The last game of the season isn't even sold out yet. 

Yes.

I mean really, jrb, facts are facts even if the QB is in question...we need only to look a little look at Josh in Dallas (i know, different team, but still) and josh yesterday.

...and yes, high tide raises all ships, but I just want what we have here with this team and this franchise to keep growing.  It still could influence many possible free agents and coaches going forward.

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the topic is DEC games. 

Technically Thursday's game was a Dec game for Buffalo

awayhome, awayaway, home   2 of 5

NE as I said 

away, home, awayhomehome  3 of 5

playing at home week 17 is to their benefit to allow them to rest starters if needed.

But not so much this season

The Bills would have more home games in December but the owners like more home games earlier in the season as they are an easier sell. Don't blame it on favoritism. Blame it on the fans for not filling the stadium in December. The game against the Jets isn't even sold out yet. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dalton stinks.  Since he got back he is completing 59% of his passes on 75 throws which have produced 1 TD in 2 games.   10 games: 10 TDs and 9 ints.  1 win

Yes, but he has three 300-yard games this season, so that makes him a winner! 

• Thank you (+1) 1