Bengals/Dolphins... Can either one beat the pats?

Process

Division race isn't over.

Pat's go to Cincinnati next week. As bad as the Bengals are they do have talent. Mixon just had a big game against the Browns. Dalton sucks but he's still a vet QB with the potential to have a solid game. Boyd and Ross are a good WR duo. 

Obviously their defense is horrid but Pat's O has looked awful and the game is in Cincinnati, maybe the Bengals can slow them down. 

I don't think the Dolphins have a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Division race isn't over.

Pat's go to Cincinnati next week. As bad as the Bengals are they do have talent. Mixon just had a big game against the Browns. Dalton sucks but he's still a vet QB with the potential to have a solid game. Boyd and Ross are a good WR duo. 

Obviously their defense is horrid but Pat's O has looked awful and the game is in Cincinnati, maybe the Bengals can slow them down. 

I don't think the Dolphins have a chance. 

the dolphins have had there number , maybe one more time.

Bengals will get rolled.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bengals have been playing very tough the last 4 weeks, and they get the Patriots* at home.

New England wants to get that playoff spot locked up, but this will not be an easy win for them.

I would not be shocked if the Bengals won.

Edited by Mark Vader

Dalton could move the ball, but I don’t see them running the ball on them, which is where the Pats are vulnerable. 

I’m all for a 3 game Pats losing streak. Maybe Dalton can deliver us another gift, provided Josh Allen doesn’t do one of his abysmal sub 50% completion game.  

Edited by Dr.Sack

Miami winning in NE is unlikely, but not out of the question. 

You have to admire how hard they play for Flores. I don't see them rolling over the way they did for Gase last year in week 17. This will be their Super Bowl. It's a chance to give a coach in Flores a keynote win against his old team. And who knows, it may very well be the final game in Fitz's career. I'm not foolish enough to expect a Miami win, but the week 17 spoiler role is something that someone seems to play every season. 

Doesn't matter

If the Bills win out, the Bills would be 12-4

If the Pats beat the Dolphins and Bengals, and lose to the Bills, the Pats would also be 12-4

Both teams would be 5-1 in the division

Bills would 9-3 in AFC.  Pats would be 8-4 in the AFC

Bills would win the Division :w00t:

Bills have to win out...

38 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Doesn't matter

If the Pats beat the Dolphins and Bengals, and lose to the Bills, the Pats would also be 12-4

Bills have to win out...

Sorry Nope - AFC record is not the next tie break - it is common opponents and the Pats have us there.  It has been discussed numerous times.  The Pats loss to Houston - assured them of having a better common opponents record if the 2 teams are tied.  

We need either a better record than the Pats or we need to beat the Pats and Jets and Miami beats NE - so we win divisional record.  

Sorry to burst your bubble.  Winning out does not get us the division without a loss by NE to either Cincinnati or Miami so the Bills have a better record.  The Bills can lose to Pittsburgh and still win the division winning the last 2 if NE loses to Miami, but not if their 2nd loss is to Cincinnati.

Edited by Rochesterfan

36 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Doesn't matter

Bills have to win out...

Negative. Common games comes before conference record.

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Buffalo lost to Philly and Cleveland, both of whom NE* beat. NE's losses were to KC and HOU (Buffalo didn't play either) and Baltimore.

We have to be ahead of them by a game to win the division.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaaha

ahahahahahhahahahahahhha

ahahhahahahhahahahahhahaaahahahahaha

Worry about the Steelers.   

Losing to the #1 seed yesterday put that talk on the back shelf. 

or better yet,  use a playoff thread where you know this belongs 

41 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Doesn't matter

Bills have to win out...

Common opponents - The Putz losing to Miami OR Cincy is to Buffalo's advantage. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yes the game’s in Cincinnati, but it’s going to be at least 40% Patriots fans.

When was the last time the Pats lost 3 in a row?   

how convenient for the Pats to play 3 of 5 games at home in December ---  the last 2 at home

Now I need to remember where I had the discussion about schedule favoritism .....

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

No. Given how the Pats got screwed on a couple of calls yesterday I would imagine the evil empire will be in a bad mood all week. NE will destroy the Bengals this week. Saw in today's paper the Pats are favored by 10.5. I would take NE and give the points.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

No. Given how the Pats got screwed on a couple of calls yesterday I would imagine the evil empire will be in a bad mood all week. NE will destroy the Bengals this week. Saw in today's paper the Pats are favored by 10.5. I would take NE and give the points.

LOL PLEASE 

I don't want to hear how the Pats got  screwed.  The Chiefs GOT screwed in the AFCCG last year with a phantom hit to Tom's head and it allowed the Pats to score the leading TD to win. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Doesn't matter

Bills have to win out...

is this right?