How Important are Your Kids?

T&C

No problems there. The most important people to parents are their children. You are there to raise and protect them to the best of your ability.

The most important person to a child is obviously their parents. 

There is more than one perspective, and that’s fine. 

I won’t buy into any generation bashing. 

• Like (+1) 6

When my toddler granddaughter was upset about something, I told my daughter that parents can only be as happy as their least happy child.  She immediately replied that if she can only be as happy as her daughter, and I can only be as happy as my daughter, then...

I guess I’ll have to rethink that line of reasoning. 

The title is a mess. The most important......what? Kids? Should somebody else’s kids be more important? Apparently he didn’t have room for the word “people” or “thing”, so being the journalist he is, he just left it incomplete. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to publish that title. Move some words around to make it work. Maybe I’m just an oddball. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

The title is a mess. The most important......what? Kids? Should somebody else’s kids be more important? Apparently he didn’t have room for the word “people” or “thing”, so being the journalist he is, he just left it incomplete. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to publish that title. Move some words around to make it work. Maybe I’m just an oddball. 

journalist?

image.png.1fd40c98110a9af53b7f3fe88a38f0d5.png.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I agree the title of the article is a mess, but a lot of what he wrote rings true.. to me anyway. As a kid of the 60's we respected the adults in our family. I still call my aunts and uncles who are still alive by prefacing their name with aunt or uncle. None of this "hey John or what's up Sue".

Remember when, sending a package or a letter to a boy we used to put "Master" before the name of the person?

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

I agree the title of the article is a mess, but a lot of what he wrote rings true.. to me anyway. As a kid of the 60's we respected the adults in our family. I still call my aunts and uncles who are still alive by prefacing their name with aunt or uncle. None of this "hey John or what's up Sue".

Remember when, sending a package or a letter to a boy we used to put "Master" before the name of the person?

My nieces are in their 30’s and it’s still Uncle Augie. I only had one uncle and no aunts. I never called him anything BUT Uncle Bill. Had a dream about him recently (long deceased) and it was still Uncle Bill. (Not to be confused with “Mister Bill”, that was very different.?

• Like (+1) 1