Bills win out and they win the division?

Dafan

The East is in our control, if we win out? Even if NE wins over Cinci and Miami, we take the east with tie breakers I believe.  First tie breaker is head 2 head (which we split).  Second is division (which would both be 5-1).  And if I'm not mistaken 3rd is conference (Bills 9-3, Pats 8-4).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dafan said:

The East is in our control, if we win out? Even if NE wins over Cinci and Miami, we take the east with tie breakers I believe.  First tie breaker is head 2 head (which we split).  Second is division (which would both be 5-1).  And if I'm not mistaken 3rd is conference (Bills 9-3, Pats 8-4).

No, conference is 4th. Common games is 3rd and we lose that to NE, apparently. We need to win out and they have to lose to either MIA or CIN.

12 minutes ago, Dafan said:

I thought that was the 4th...maybe wrong

Crap...was wrong

Despite that, it's not out of the question.

Look at how the Bengals & Dolphins have been playing lately. They are not automatic wins anymore. The Patriots* are going to get a tough game from both of these teams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Look at how the Bengals & Dolphins have been playing lately. They are not automatic wins anymore. The Patriots* are going to get a tough game from both of these teams.

The Pats* were just held to 16 points by a worse defense than the one that just held us to 17. Jus sayin'...

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Andy Dalton to the rescue again?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If we win out their is a good chance the Patriots are playing in the Wild Card round against us or the Titans/Texans or Steelers. Then they would have two road games if they are lucky enough to win the wild card. Would love to beat the Pats and give KC the #2 seed.

Bills would be the two seed if they win out and won the division I believe. Not positive. Depends on the KC tiebreak if they win out. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Bills would be the two seed if they win out and won the division I believe. Not positive. Depends on the KC tiebreak if they win out. 

No. We would need New England to lose to either the Bengals or Dolphins. Could happen but not great odds. I'm sure Fitz would love to beat the Patriots week 17 though to give the Bills the division. I think another round of charity donations would be in order.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Actually, I just watched the Dolphins/Jets game on Gamepass, and... yeesh... the Dolphins are bad. Ryan Fitzpatrick is carrying that team, and that is the weirdest thing I have written in a while. Their RBs managed just 53 yards in 19 carries. Fitz was their leading rusher with seven carries for 65 yards, and that is the second weirdest thing I have written in a while. And, he threw 21/37 for 245 yards, but nobody could get it into the end zone. They scored 21 points on field goals only. And, their defensive secondary is a joke. Brady* could throw left-handed and pick them apart. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

Why not look up the actual tie breaker rules instead of guessing?  And this has been discussed for a couple of weeks.  Common opponents goes before conference record.  The only ways Bills win division is 1. Have a better record than Patriots 2. Tie with Patriots and have a better Division record - which means they need to lose to Miami and Bills need to win out.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why not look up the actual tie breaker rules instead of guessing?  And this has been discussed for a couple of weeks.  Common opponents goes before conference record.  The only ways Bills win division is 1. Have a better record than Patriots 2. Tie with Patriots and have a better Division record - which means they need to lose to Miami and Bills need to win out.  

Ideal outcome:

WEEK 15

Bills steamroll Pittsburgh. 

Pats squeak past Cincy. 

WEEK 16

Bills suffocate the Patriots with intense pressure on defense, and long drives on offense.  Bills defense feasts on Brady. You can see on his face that he's thinking retirement. He looks like a 43 year old man out there.

WEEK 17

Bills beat Jets. 

Patriots need to beat the Dolphins to avoid losing the division, but they get frustrated early and Fitz plays lights out... Miami steals the game as a spoiler. Bills / Dolphins rivalry is officially pronounced dead.... it's been dead that way since 2000 or so but such an outcome would almost create a type of gratitude-based friendship like we have with the Bengals. 

And just like that, the Bills are AFC East champions. The beginning of a new reign.

WILDCARD WEEKEND

Bills @ 12-4 get a home playoff game as the #3 seed... and the first playoff win in a generation.