Gore vs Yeldon

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Because he really doesn't put the ball on the ground over the course of his career.  He fumbles like 1 every 100 touches... which is actually pretty good.  

Singletary has 2 fumbles on 141 touches.  So he would actually be considered more fumble prone.

Then there is the example of sample size. If I don't think 141 touches is a large enough sample to label a player fumble prone - then neither is TJ yeldons 20 touches.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How has it been disproven?

Yeldon puts the ball on the ground

Turnovrs lose games

See above.

The same thing has been posted over several threads for weeks.  You could have easily looked it up yourself before you posted the same fallacy.

55 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Because he really doesn't put the ball on the ground over the course of his career.  He fumbles like 1 every 100 touches... which is actually pretty good.  

Singletary has 2 fumbles on 141 touches.  So he would actually be considered more fumble prone.

Then there is the example of sample size. If I don't think 141 touches is a large enough sample to label a player fumble prone - then neither is TJ yeldons 20 touches.

To be clear....i have always thought yeldon was a fumbler.

If he isnt.....he should be PLAYING because Gore has fallen way off

On 12/8/2019 at 10:14 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I have been fairly vocal that cutting McCoy was a mistake.  I was fine with the Gore signing but not at the expense of cutting Shady. 

Now 13 games into the season, it is clear Gore has nothing left. He is not contributing anything on the field.  Let's assume he is a good locker room presence. Well that does not mean he has to be active on game day.  Yeldon offers so much more than Gore in terms of pass catching ability and speed to the edge.  If Gore wasn't 3rd all time rusher he would not be active on Sunday.  He is getting the nod based on respect not ability.  Would it make much difference on Sunday?  I don't know but it's yet another in a long line of personnel decisions that are head scratchers.

What says the board?  At least next time they have 1st and goal in side the five, please use Gore as a decoy.  Everyone knows that he is getting the ball and he has been more liekly to lose yards than gain any.

If Yeldon can’t beat Gore I don’t even want to see him play. We obviously made a huge mistake with Wade and we need to pray that Singletary can stay healthy. 

We we will be totally one dimensional if Singletary goes down.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, because he physically just can't?  Lee Smith runs like a busted mower in high grass.  Dimarco isn't Hayden Hurst, but he has had a couple nice runs and he gets downfield fast on teams.

He’s had three carries for 7 yards 

runs a 4.9 40 and executes a vast majority of his blocks with 3 yards of the line 

Saying Lee Smith physically can’t do that ....in the sense that he’s a walking penalty I will agree 

physically can’t execute the blocks dimarco does I will disagree 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:47 AM, I am the egg man said:

Yeldon- 6 fumbles, 656 touches. One fumble per 109 touches.

Gore- 45 fumbles, 3,997 touches. One fumble per 88 touches.

What's apparent JoPo Gore's a higher fumble risk than Yeldon.

Gore came into the league with a bit of a fumbling issue.  His last 10+ seasons he's fumbled 23 times, vs 22 in his first 5 years.  He's also been very durable during that 10 year span.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Jacksonville loved him as a third down back for his catching and pass blocking 

Youre saying he forgot how how to do that? 

Doubtful. 

They didn't love him enough to want to keep him, did they?

On 12/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I have been fairly vocal that cutting McCoy was a mistake.  I was fine with the Gore signing but not at the expense of cutting Shady. 

Now 13 games into the season, it is clear Gore has nothing left. He is not contributing anything on the field.  Let's assume he is a good locker room presence. Well that does not mean he has to be active on game day.  Yeldon offers so much more than Gore in terms of pass catching ability and speed to the edge.  If Gore wasn't 3rd all time rusher he would not be active on Sunday.  He is getting the nod based on respect not ability.  Would it make much difference on Sunday?  I don't know but it's yet another in a long line of personnel decisions that are head scratchers.

What says the board?  At least next time they have 1st and goal in side the five, please use Gore as a decoy.  Everyone knows that he is getting the ball and he has been more liekly to lose yards than gain any.

I concur 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m actually curious if a “week off” like Reid did with McCoy would help Gore bounce back  down the stretch. Some of these older guys still have ability, but the workload and rest cycles need tweaking if they aren’t going to crash. 

Rest Gore, play Yeldon. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

They didn't love him enough to want to keep him, did they?

So because they didn’t offer him a new contract and instead drafted a guy similar to Fournette Yeldon  can’t catch or pass block? 

All I’m suggesting here is he might provide a little more spark than gore.

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Jacksonville loved him as a third down back for his catching and pass blocking 

Youre saying he forgot how how to do that? 

Doubtful. 

I wonder if it has to do with Yeldon’s pass blocking.  Some here have said that he’s poor at it.  Assuming that’s true, then you would not want him on the field much these days since most teams are blitzing the ***** out of Allen pretty much constantly.  

On 12/9/2019 at 7:58 AM, HardyBoy said:

Because you don't let a top 50 rb go in the middle of the season. Likely wouldn't make it that far through waivers, but can you imagine if the Pats got him right now.

he hasn’t been a top 50 run in years. 

he was horrible running in the preseason and his only savings grace was he could catch the ball.