Gore vs Yeldon

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

There is a REASON Yeldon has been a healthy scratch.

I don't know why he's even on the team.  

Because you don't let a top 50 rb go in the middle of the season. Likely wouldn't make it that far through waivers, but can you imagine if the Pats got him right now.

I cringe every time I see Gore out there. Especially at the start of a drive. Singletary has shown he is way more talented and better option at this point. I'm fine with Gore giving him a breather after a big run, but to start a drive!? Its just stupid to me. The Defense was smiling everytime we put Gore out there yesterday as Singletary was gashing them up pretty good.

I have no problem with Gore because of his intangibles to the team. Yeldon has been given opportunity and done nothing with it. Although Singletary is nice, we could not take advantage of outside running yesterday because we did not have the speed on the field.

These threads (this one, Roberts, Duke, and others) show the Bills still have some work to do on the roster.  They have some weaknesses that are exposed against good teams. Despite that, they still had a good chance to win that game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

no they’re pretty apparent - he fumbles

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeldon- 6 fumbles, 656 touches. One fumble per 109 touches.

Gore- 45 fumbles, 3,997 touches. One fumble per 88 touches.

What's apparent JoPo Gore's a higher fumble risk than Yeldon.

Yeah the fumble tag for Yeldon is a persistent fallacy here on TSW.  Just put the guy in and see what happens.  Couldn't be worse than what they got now as far as offensive fire power.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Make active: Yeldon & Duke!

Make inactive: Any 2 of... DiMarco, Perry, Kroft, Lee.

I don't make Gore inactive, there are others less consequential options. 

Add Sweeney to the active list. He is a big target and might have better hands. If Knox doesn't improve his drops he will be throwing a lot of money away because he has the potential to be great and tight ends are becoming the hot thing these days.

4 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I have no problem with Gore because of his intangibles to the team. Yeldon has been given opportunity and done nothing with it. Although Singletary is nice, we could not take advantage of outside running yesterday because we did not have the speed on the field.

what opportunity has yeldon been given and done nothing with it?  the patriots struggled to stop him when allen threw it to him in space.

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d rather see Yeldon get those snaps. Get him the ball in the flat.

Yep.

Yeldon releasing to the flats early in a few games and then turning it up field later for a big gain. Yeldon is by far the best pass catching back the Bills have. The runs Gore is getting Yeldon could make the same yards.

Time to do what’s best for the team and sit Gore. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I get the arguement on Yeldon because he can catch

but his ball security literally could cost us games...that is why Gore is playing.

The backup running back answer is not on the team at this time.

This has been disproven already.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:24 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yeldon is rubbish.

No he isn't. I wish he'd been used more early in the season when Singletary was out.

But now that Singletary is back, and is showing that he is very useful in the passing game as well as being the feature runner, Yeldon is unnecessary. Same thing as Knox stealing Kroft's playing time. These are good developments, not bad! Our 3rd and 4th round draft picks are contributing immediately, making those insurance policy veteran signings irrelevant. They won't be back next year, and that money can be used elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No he isn't. I wish he'd been used more early in the season when Singletary was out.

But now that Singletary is back, and is showing that he is very useful in the passing game as well as being the feature runner, Yeldon is unnecessary. Same thing as Knox stealing Kroft's playing time. These are good developments, not bad! Our 3rd and 4th round draft picks are contributing immediately, making those insurance policy veteran signings irrelevant. They won't be back next year, and that money can be used elsewhere.

Nah, Yeldon sucks.

• Haha (+1) 1