Duck Hodges.... Won’t Last

ShakAttack

I’ve watched this guys highlights and I think he’s a meltdown waiting to happen. Kinda like how Kyle Allen, Minshew and arguably Brandon Allen came down to earth once they faced a real defense. In Brandon Allens case that defense was of course the Bills.

When I watch this guy all I see are screens and little dump passes. We know all about captain checkDowns; that strategy doesn’t last. Sooner or later he’s going to face a defense that will force him into some real NFL throws and we’ll see why he is an undrafted QB. I’ve watched some of his intermediate / long passes and they seem to hang in the air for an eternity; “a pick waiting to happen” as Jalen Ramsey once famously said about our boy Josh Allen (but for different reasons).

To me, a poor man’s Doug Flutie even comes to mind when I watch him ? couldn’t resist. I think the NFL and fans just love these backup QB stories but the fact is, for all of them, they initially benefit from the lack of film available and sooner or later they face real adversity when a good defense takes away what they do well (and since many of these guys are one dimensional it becomes an issue)

now, having said all of this, I am still nervous as hell about this game because on the flip side, our QB seems to ALSO struggle against real defenses... and the Steelers have one. 

I would give Buffalo the edge, but this may as well be a wild card playoff game, and it could get crazy. I don’t think I’ve been more nervous for a game this season. Heck I spent all of this past  week being more nervous towards the steeler game than the ravens game! Dont know how I’m going to get through this week (and it’s also why I was bummed when we got flexed to SNF... don’t know how I’m gonna make it through the day anxiously waiting for the outcome of this game)

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

i agree, i think delvin is going to run into hard times against buffalo, our coaching staff puts together a solid defensive game plan every week it seems. its really impressive. i am worried about JA a little but i think facing this Ravens team gave him a glimpse of what he will be seeing on sunday night. Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

More worried about our offense against their defense. Ravens have a stiff defense. Steelers are even better. 

Not sure about that... ravens defense has been shutting down good teams for the most part while the Steelers haven't played many powers. 

• Like (+1) 4