Duck Hodges.... Won’t Last

ShakAttack

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I watched that Pittsburgh Arizona game as closely as I watched the Pats game Sunday afternoon...Arizona tackling was beyond atrocious. Include a Punt return for a TD, and i know cliche, but Arizona was the better team that beat themselves. I am confident Bills are the better team, and if they dont beat themselves will win in a close game.

Crowd is gunna be jacked, but i think the Bills have shown they can handle the pressure of big games and moments

Be nice to take them out of it early. 

3 hours ago, Pay_Poyer said:

I don't have a fear that the Bills won't be prepared - McDermott doesn't think this way.  The Steelers are another team that has beaten the teams they should and lost to the better teams.  They have not beaten a team that has a decent defense yet and it's time for the Bills so show they are the better team.  While I am concerned a little bit about their defense (but not if they can't generate turnovers) but I am not worried about their offense.  

The Steelers D is what is most worrisome since the Bills offense has not played well against good defenses.The Steelers generate a good pass rush with only four rushers, and they not only force turnovers with some regularity, they've also capitalized on them.  The Bills OL didn't hold up well against the Ravens pass rush, and against Pitt, Allen's ability to escape the rush may be compromised by his bad ankle.  He's not likely to make many designed QB runs either which really limits the Bills running game.  The Bills absolutely have to take care of the ball if they want to win this game.

On the offensive side for Pitt,  Pouncey is back from his suspension for his part in the melee with the Browns, and both Juju Smith-Schuster and James Conner are likely back from injury and expected to play.

Oh, yeah, and Heintz Field is a hostile environment for visiting teams.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:10 PM, BobBelcher said:

I’ve watched this guys highlights and I think he’s a meltdown waiting to happen. Kinda like how Kyle Allen, Minshew and arguably Brandon Allen came down to earth once they faced a real defense. In Brandon Allens case that defense was of course the Bills.

When I watch this guy all I see are screens and little dump passes. We know all about captain checkDowns; that strategy doesn’t last. Sooner or later he’s going to face a defense that will force him into some real NFL throws and we’ll see why he is an undrafted QB. I’ve watched some of his intermediate / long passes and they seem to hang in the air for an eternity; “a pick waiting to happen” as Jalen Ramsey once famously said about our boy Josh Allen (but for different reasons).

To me, a poor man’s Doug Flutie even comes to mind when I watch him ? couldn’t resist. I think the NFL and fans just love these backup QB stories but the fact is, for all of them, they initially benefit from the lack of film available and sooner or later they face real adversity when a good defense takes away what they do well (and since many of these guys are one dimensional it becomes an issue)

now, having said all of this, I am still nervous as hell about this game because on the flip side, our QB seems to ALSO struggle against real defenses... and the Steelers have one. 

I would give Buffalo the edge, but this may as well be a wild card playoff game, and it could get crazy. I don’t think I’ve been more nervous for a game this season. Heck I spent all of this past  week being more nervous towards the steeler game than the ravens game! Dont know how I’m going to get through this week (and it’s also why I was bummed when we got flexed to SNF... don’t know how I’m gonna make it through the day anxiously waiting for the outcome of this game)

Jets, Dallas, Denver....those are real defenses. Josh led us to wins against those defenses. Or are those not real enough? Gotta be one of the top 2 defenses (NE/Balt) who are some of the only defenses capable of running cover 0 against QBs to fit that narrative? 

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Steelers D is what is most worrisome since the Bills offense has not played well against good defenses.The Steelers generate a good pass rush with only four rushers, and they not only force turnovers with some regularity, they've also capitalized on them.  The Bills OL didn't hold up well against the Ravens pass rush, and against Pitt, Allen's ability to escape the rush may be compromised by his bad ankle.  He's not likely to make many designed QB runs either which really limits the Bills running game.  The Bills absolutely have to take care of the ball if they want to win this game.

On the offensive side for Pitt,  Pouncey is back from his suspension for his part in the melee with the Browns, and both Juju Smith-Schuster and James Conner are likely back from injury and expected to play.

Oh, yeah, and Heintz Field is a hostile environment for visiting teams.

Bills should win this game. No excuses. Bills d should be salivating at the mouth to face Donald Duck and crew. Time to take care of business.

• Like (+1) 1

It's always the same doom and gloom crowd that props up other teams and dismisses the Bills. So sick of it!

A few weeks ago it was oh the Broncos worry me and the Bills might be able to squeak out a win, Bills dominated Broncos

Then it was the Cowboys, oh the Bills are going to get smoked again on national TV, Bills smoked the Cowboys

Last week it was can L Jax and Ravens be stopped, Bills going to get destroyed, Bills ultimately lost but L Jax and Ravens didn't have an easy time at all.

Now it's Pittsburg is going  crush Buffalo, their rankings are good so we can't compete! 

When do you so called Bills fans become optimistic? Why be a Bills fan if you predict demise and destruction each and every week? When does it sink in they are a good team and capable of beating anybody, because they are? When do you realize other teams know they are playing a very good team in Buffalo?

The Nancies are almost unbearable because it's just negative all the time about everything Bills, WTF!

9 minutes ago, pop gun said:

It's always the same doom and gloom crowd that props up other teams and dismisses the Bills. So sick of it!

A few weeks ago it was oh the Broncos worry me and the Bills might be able to squeak out a win, Bills dominated Broncos

Then it was the Cowboys, oh the Bills are going to get smoked again on national TV, Bills smoked the Cowboys

Last week it was can L Jax and Ravens be stopped, Bills going to get destroyed, Bills ultimately lost but L Jax and Ravens didn't have an easy time at all.

Now it's Pittsburg is going  crush Buffalo, their rankings are good so we can't compete! 

When do you so called Bills fans become optimistic? Why be a Bills fan if you predict demise and destruction each and every week? When does it sink in they are a good team and capable of beating anybody, because they are? When do you realize other teams know they are playing a very good team in Buffalo?

The Nancies are almost unbearable because it's just negative all the time about everything Bills, WTF!

Im optimistic!! I just felt that we were gonna smash and dominate the broncos - first game all season I felt that way. And I just felt they were gonna do the same to the Cowboys. Thought we could hang with the Ravens but would lose a close one. So my nastradamus self will go ahead and say we take care of business Sunday night. 

Agreed. GET OPTIMISTIC!! We can play with any team in this league, and can win in a lot of ways. Cannot wait for the playoffs (especially on a three game winning streak). 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Duck Hodges in his 3 starts passed for 132 yds 1td 1int, 212 yds 1td 1int & 152yds 1td 0int.......wtf am i missing here?!?!?

In 3 starts he has 496 passing yards 3td 2int......you guys are impressed by that or are you letting the media tell you he's doing a good job when all he's doing is trying to not lose a game?

That all he’s trying to do, and all he needs to do as the PIT defense will win it. These teams are actually similar in a way ( though PIT like most teams has better skill position players than BUF ) , but a difference is the Steelers D can win the game for them. The Bills D can set up the Bills offense to win it. 

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I finally watched some of Duck.  He does have a very long delivery and dips the ball low like Leftwich.  Need to go after him hard.

Donald duck is our pick six we've been waiting on...

Matter of fact I think I'm gonna go duck hunting and bag me some for good luck

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

well, don’t put me in that crowd! When we were coming off the browns loss I called a blowout against Miami and to my surprise more fans disagreed. I think I expect us to beat the Steelers (although I keep going back and forth) I know I expect us to give DUCK his worst game as a pro, but I also worry about our offense against this defense because two games come to mind against aggressive defenses that were able to get pressure on Allen all day long, pats and ravens. Those were his worst games of the season. Now we have the Steelers who lead the NFL in sacks, and I’m just supposed to ignore what has happened in the past against this type of defense and expect our offense to be fine? 

and no... Dallas is not a good defense... maybe had a few good games, but a good defense doesn’t get lit up by the bears.

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Jets, Dallas, Denver....those are real defenses. Josh led us to wins against those defenses. Or are those not real enough? Gotta be one of the top 2 defenses (NE/Balt) who are some of the only defenses capable of running cover 0 against QBs to fit that narrative? 

Problem is that when we face really good defense's( I really hope I put the apostrophe in the right spot) Dabol wants to make is a passing team. Run the goddam  ball!

4 hours ago, pop gun said:

When do you so called Bills fans become optimistic? Why be a Bills fan if you predict demise and destruction each and every week?

You must be new to this. ? I kid. 

But in all seriousness, all of this fan hand-wringing, one way or the other won’t have one bit of difference on the outcome. There’s absolutely no reason we can’t win this game. Will it be easy? Probably not. Wouldn’t be unheard of to lose the game either. Stay positive and expect to win. Raise the standard. Just have to believe the Bills have finally turned the corner like most of us think (hope ?) they have. 

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That all he’s trying to do, and all he needs to do as the PIT defense will win it. These teams are actually similar in a way ( though PIT like most teams has better skill position players than BUF ) , but a difference is the Steelers D can win the game for them. The Bills D can set up the Bills offense to win it. 

They are also likely to get Juju and Connor back. That will only help take pressure off Hodges with the better personnel they’ll have available. 

Edited by TheProcess

8 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Duck Hodges in his 3 starts passed for 132 yds 1td 1int, 212 yds 1td 1int & 152yds 1td 0int.......wtf am i missing here?!?!?

In 3 starts he has 496 passing yards 3td 2int......you guys are impressed by that or are you letting the media tell you he's doing a good job when all he's doing is trying to not lose a game?

Couldn’t agree more, dude sucks and is about to put up a Brandon Allen type of game. McDermott is going to shut him down, expecting a 3 turnover game 

• Like (+1) 1