Ravens Fans Really Mad....

Protocal69

Ravens fans shouldn't be mad.  I thought their offensive line, minus the center, was lined up too far in the backfield on every passing play the entire game.  In fact, their positioning pre-snap telegraphed to me almost every run/pass "guess" before the play.  The plays it didn't predict could have been audibled out at the line.  If the end receiver lined up that far back he'd be called for illegal formation for not being lined up on the line of scrimmage.  I know teams cheat a little back for pass protection but not all four guys that far back.  I'm no rules expert and maybe I got it wrong but go back and watch the tape and see what you think. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

8 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Because we made it close at the end. All I am hearing after the game from Ravens fans is how bad they got robbed by the officiating today. If anything we were the ones that got robbed ex Foster no call PI, No 12 men in the huddle penalty, ect 

I mean they got 60 yards in penalties on the final drive...didnt see the 2 personal fouls but the PI was obvious and flagrant...the dude tackled Beasley

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Our defense played lights out. Our offense was a disaster. The defense and the refs were the reason the game was even remotely close.

Yes, because they weren't helped down the field on two of their scoring drives by a few suspect calls right? :rolleyes: The only legit scoring drive they had was the busted coverage by Poyer/Hyde. Stanley was holding Hughes all game long. You could see his shoulder pad up against the side of his helmet about 7 times, with Stanley's hand standing out for all to see because of the red jersey's. We played the hottest team in the NFL close yesterday. We held Lamar pretty much in check and kept him from breaking Vick's rushing record against us. Josh was running for his life all game long. This was Ford's worst performance by far. I know he completely whiffed on his man at least 4 times that I could count watching it on the live broadcast. I expect the All-22 to be even less kind to him this week. 

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The PI on Beasley was a no brainer called every time (he was breaking free, interfered & tripped).  No idea why that is being questions.

Some people thought he took a dive, but he was tripped and going down before he threw his head and hands back. He just was making sure the refs saw it and couldnt ignore like the Foster BS play. Why McDermett didn't challenge the Foster one is beyond me. The percentage of winning those is small but at worst you lose 1 timeout. Best and it was 1st and 10 deep in opponents zone.  

Edited by badassgixxer05

9 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Because we made it close at the end. All I am hearing after the game from Ravens fans is how bad they got robbed by the officiating today. If anything we were the ones that got robbed ex Foster no call PI, No 12 men in the huddle penalty, ect 

Based on the 2 or 3 Trolls yesterday with their bad sportsmanship here and at the game I visited in Baltimore last year  3/4 of their fans are idjuts 

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You can say that again!

A certain % of the fanbase will be bitching about the refs after every game, forever.

It's stupid; it all evens out more or less in the end.  The officiating is horrible and it impacts both teams.

Agree. It was the same in the Thanksgiving game. Yes there were probably more bad calls against the Bills but there were some bad calls on the Cowboys too. The refs aren't corrupt, they are just rubbish.

8 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

On the last drive, we moved the chains a bunch of times due to penalties. Not saying the refs were wrong, but it happened. 

The PI call was a joke. The ball was so uncatchable that you’d have to be blind to think that it was, and Beasley put on a great acting job to boot. I was happy about the call, though.

This was a very poorly officiated game, and the calls went both ways.  I personally thought the PI on Beasley was extremely soft -- there are professional soccer players who would be embarrassed to flop so blatantly.  Then again, Foster was clearly interfered with and that one went uncalled, so I'll happily take it and not feel the least bit guilty.

Edited by BillsFanSD

My problem with officiating in general is the horrendous inconsistency.

And it's mostly related to a single issue: downfield blocking on short pass plays.

For example, in the first half yesterday, there were 3 separate plays during which Baltimore had WRs blocking or OLmen running 2+ yards down the field before the ball crossed the LOS. That's a penalty by rule. It's almost NEVER called, and that's fine...except that it somehow manages to get called against a team that's threatening to score at a critical time. Like against Buffalo during a 4th quarter drive for the game-tying score.

Make a decision. It's either a penalty or it's not.

• Like (+1) 1

I felt like the refs were bad both ways. Calling some things they shouldn’t and not calling some things they should. Seemed like the first half was slanted a little Ravens way and second half slanted a little our way. In the end it was pretty even imo. I’ve seen far worse. 

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The PI call was a joke. The ball was so uncatchable that you’d have to be blind to think that it was, and Beasley put on a great acting job to boot. I was happy about the call, though.

Agree with that. I thought it was PI at the time (was definitely a foul) but when I saw it back an hour after the game I was like..... "yea, that was not catchable."

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The refs sucked both ways. The only reason the Bills threatened to tie the game on their last drive was due to suspect flags.

Despite the poor line play, Josh missed throws all game. He was wildly inaccurate. 

He missed some and then he didn't miss some, but they were dropped anyway. If he completes just 4 of the drops I can recall then he has at least another 80+ yards passing and who knows how those drives would have ended because two of the drops would have had us in scoring position. Though he shares some of the blame for the loss, you can't pin it all on him. Yesterday was another missed opportunity, just like the Browns game. Either way, I'm not devastated by the loss because we were in it until the end against the hottest team in the NFL who had been beating the brakes off of everyone outside of SF. 

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

they have reason to be ... the Bills final drive pretty much was based solely on dubious penalties called on the Ravens, but we KNOW that the refs are secretly paid to make calls against the Bills, right? #sarcasm

severely insular fanbases fail to realize that EVERY team's fans are convinced there is a conspiracy against their team

teams win 75-0 in college games and their fans whine about the refs

helps to get out more than 3 miles from the home you were born in, get some perspective on reality in the real world...

12 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Yes, they had some suspect calls to their benefit.  They also had some calls that were missed - one of the Ravens defenders just picked up JA and body-slammed him after he'd thrown the ball away on the final drive and it wasn't called.