An uncomfortable play-off situation with the Texans

Stallions

6 hours ago, unclepete said:

Not sure about that. If we beat the jets and finish 10-6 both the titans and Steelers could finish 11-5 If they win out 

Please listen to us.  IF the Titans win out they HAVE TO BEAT THE TEXANS TWICE.

That means the Texans at best go 9-7.

It is basic math.

• Like (+1) 3

Whatever happens with the Texans, one thing is for sure, that team baffles me. They're bipolar. Look at their results this year:

Week 1: 30-28 loss to the Saints, close one against a good team, fair enough.

Week 2: A one point win over the Jags... (score was 13-12)

Week 3: Beat the overrated Chargers.

Week 4: Clunker against Carolina, lose 16-10.

Week 5: Beatdown on the Falcons, fine.

Week 6: Solid win over the Chiefs.

Week 7: Loss against the Colts who have since fallen off.

Week 8: Win a close one against the Raiders, who, at that point were the "don't sleep on 'em" team  but have since returned to the dumpster.

Week 9: Smacked around the Jags.

Week 10: Bye

Week 11: Destroyed by Baltimore 41-7.

Week 12: Eek out a close one against Indy.

Week 13: Beat the Patriots, and then...

Week 14: Get blown out by the "we're on our 97th QB since Peyton left us!" Broncos.

So, I'd have no idea what to expect if Buffalo ends up meeting them in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Whatever happens with the Texans, one thing is for sure, that team baffles me. They're bipolar. Look at their results this year:

Week 8: Win a close one against the Raiders, who, at that point were the "don't sleep on 'em" team  but have since returned to the dumpster.

Week 14: Get blown out by the "we're on our 97th QB since Peyton left us!" Broncos.

So, I'd have no idea what to expect if Buffalo ends up meeting them in the playoffs. 

They're drastically overrated and only in the position they're in due to the weakness of their division.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I’d expect a close game, with the Bills having a pretty good chance to get out with a win. Not a bad matchup for what the Bills do. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Why is this thread still alive? We win one more and we are in.  What’s there to debate 

"One more win" may not happen.  A snowing, cold game in windy Orchard Park may determine our fate.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Penfield45 said:

Titans need to lose 1 out of the 3, and we need to win 1 out of the next 3 OR win next week vs Pittsburg and in

there is a very good chance the titans go 11-5 and win out

The Titans have a very good chance of beating the Texans twice, AND the Saints?  Wow.  They might be a Super Bowl team.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, Penfield45 said:

Titans need to lose 1 out of the 3, and we need to win 1 out of the next 3 OR win next week vs Pittsburg and in

there is a very good chance the titans go 11-5 and win out

very good? 

beat texans twice in 3 weeks and saints ?

theres a chance but it's not good

On 12/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Texans get to 10 wins by either:

1. beating titans 2x, lose other.  outcome is they win division, as titans would have 7 losses

2. splitting with titans, winning other.  they win division in this scenario too, as they would have better division record than titans.  titans would assuming have 10 wins, and we beat them on head to head, if we win 1 more

Correct on tennessee and texans both at 10 - 6 goes to the Texans for the Division ... and then even in a 3 way split .. the only other team that could tie Buffalo and Tennessee would be Pittsburg. Since both Pittsburgh and Buffalo  beat Tennesseee .. Tenesee would be on the outside.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

A W vs Pitt basically guarentees us the 5 seed so it's a huge game. The 5 seed will likely be going to Ten or Hou and the 6 seed to KC. Huge huge game

I actually would prefer to play HOU or KC right now over TEN. They’re red hot and are more physical than finesse. KC came close to blowing the game up in Foxboro to a pretty lifeless Pats Offense. KC doesn’t have a great tradition of playoff success at Arrowhead either. They don’t look as good as they did last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

A W vs Pitt basically guarentees us the 5 seed so it's a huge game. The 5 seed will likely be going to Ten or Hou and the 6 seed to KC. Huge huge game

No, it guarantees a WC spot. 

To guarantee the 5th seed the Bills still need to win 1 or both the Cheats and Jets.  

And the long shot if the Cheats fall more the possibility may be there for the AFCE. 

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

No, it guarantees a WC spot. 

To guarantee the 5th seed the Bills still need to win 1 or both the Cheats and Jets.  

And the long shot if the Cheats fall more the possibility may be there for the AFCE. 

Nah I think it guarantees the 5th seed. If we beat Pitt, the best they can do is 10-6 and we'll already be at 10-6 with the tiebreaker over them.

The only other teams that can get to 10-6 are Tennessee and Houston. If Houston gets to 10-6 that means they had to beat Tennessee at least once and they would win the division. It also means that Tennessee can't be better than 10-6 and we would hold the tiebreaker over them too. 

The only way Tennessee can win the division is to beat Houston twice. That would make Tennessee the division winner but then Houston could only get to 9 wins max - leaving Buffalo and Pitt tied at 10-6, where we win the 5 seed again..

Beating Pitt guarantees us the 5 seed minimum unless I missed something.

• Thank you (+1) 2

bottom line JA has to play well and play smart. the innaccurate long throws dont bother me as much as the sacks he takes..esp when he has time to throw. No excuse there.

and if our line is getting swamped again daboll needs to call quicker plays.

smart Josh(he doesnt need to be brilliant) and smart daboll =a win.  

Edited by Tcali

56 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I actually would prefer to play HOU or KC right now over TEN. They’re red hot and are more physical than finesse. KC came close to blowing the game up in Foxboro to a pretty lifeless Pats Offense. KC doesn’t have a great tradition of playoff success at Arrowhead either. They don’t look as good as they did last year. 

Well if we win , we'll have a 2 game lead with 2 to play because Ten/Hou play. Winner takes control of the South. So we'd be 10-4 and 2 of Ten/Hou/Pitt would be 8-6 . Technically doesn't clinch the 5th but it clinches the 5th seed lol. Big Game. No way I'd rather go to KC over Hou or Tenn . McDermott owns Tannehil!!