Please draft offense

whorlnut

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

His decision making and not putting the ball in harms way has got better.

His accuracy on deep balls is still one of the worst in the NFL.

It makes me laugh at how hung up people are on the deep ball. Any qb is lucky to get one or two good looks down field each game. And even then they are tough to complete. Does he need to improve it?  Your darn right he does. But he has done a way better job of managing a game which is what the good ones need to do. 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It makes me laugh at how hung up people are on the deep ball. Any qb is lucky to get one or two good looks down field each game. And even then they are tough to complete. Does he need to improve it?  Your darn right he does. But he has done a way better job of managing a game which is what the good ones need to do. 

Allen had three looks that should have been touchdowns in the first quarter yesterday and he missed all of them by 5 or more yards. 

We get "hung up" on the deep ball because at the NFL level they should be free touchdowns if your receiver is running free behind the coverage at full speed. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen had three looks that should have been touchdowns in the first quarter yesterday and he missed all of them by 5 or more yards. 

We get "hung up" on the deep ball because at the NFL level they should be free touchdowns if your receiver is running free behind the coverage at full speed. 

Did you see Lamar complete any long pass's yesterday? And the 20 yd pas for the long TD doesn't count. Answer no conditions sucked.

45 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Did you see Lamar complete any long pass's yesterday? And the 20 yd pas for the long TD doesn't count. Answer no conditions sucked.

Obviously he completed one long pass and it won them the game.

Why on earth would it not count?

I see this as the big board for free agency and draft

Beans had his pencil out when watching the Dallas game

1) he was looking at possibly free agent tackles from Dallas and guard what a great time to due it when your boss is they and he can tell him what he is looking for

2) beanie will fill in the offensive line again this way rt from green Bay will be pricey his kick slide is one of the best ( Ford's sucks)

Maybe that's there blue chipper

3) see if there is a good not great de they can pick up try to sign Lawson (yikes) let Murphy go bye bye.

4) draft add the brusher from tt as the rb to replace gore

5) they are gun shaw about wr 3 round is where they will go 

5) Jerry's replacement maybe on the roster

6) t whites pay day (he brought levity to the game yesterday and that is what this team needs

Edited by scuba guy
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Did you watch the game? It went for 61 yds but the PASS wasn't longer than 10-20 yds and it was a broken coverage. It's obvious you have a agenda against Josh Allen

20 hours ago, klos63 said:

It would also be helpful if Allen can throw accurately downfield. If he can't , might not matter too much who our #1 WR is. There is a huge chunk of the defensive backfield that might not worry the defense too much. That's a problem.

So we don't need WRs?

So what would you draft/sign?

Edited by Pokebball

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Cause it was a dump off genius. But hey...whatever fits your annoying narrative...?

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

So don’t watch the games if they are gonna get your panties in a bunch...

23 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

So we don't need WRs?

So what would you draft/sign?

Where did I say we don't need WR's. We have 2 legit WR's, we need more.

What I was saying is if Allen keeps overthrowing on the deep ball so badly, it wouldn't matter who the WR is.

Hopefully Knox will be catching Juggs all off season...

Positions of most need:  WR, OL, DL, CB

I'd be happy with BPA from those positions for the first 3-4 rounds. 

Later rounds we could use more OL, a TE, a RB, K, P.  Especially a freakin' punter.

Also, I'd be ok w/ Green, OBJ, or AB as long as the contract is almost all PERFORMANCE based.  Small base salary, LOTS of incentives to be a good teammate and playermaker on the field. 

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I was really bummed the trade deadline passed without anything at WR. 

Watching KC last night, it seemed like all of their pass catchers are open by 5 yards on each play.

Also interesting how Sammy was the Bills best wr (and I’m not saying I liked him all that much) in a long while and he’s the third option on KC. 

Then Duke gave us all hope one week only to disappear ever since. 

I wasn't bummed as agree they need a WR, but they still have too many other needs to have given up picks.  The problem is they've done better than expected this season, but overall they are still a year away from potentially becoming elite.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You are whistling past the graveyard on this. NFL qbs simply must be able to throw more accurately than Allen has this season on deep balls. It is a huge problem in his game and on of the reasons the Bills are 20th in points scored. Deep accuracy (relative) is one of the most important attributes of a franchise qb. He simply has to get better. It is not a minor attribute. We want the next Roethlisberger, not the next Bortles.

Edited by dave mcbride

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You are whistling past the graveyard on this. NFL qbs simply must be able to throw more accurately than Allen has this season on deep balls. It is a huge problem in his game and on of the reasons the Bills are 20th in points scored. Deep accuracy (relative) is one of the most important attributes of a franchise qb. He simply has to get better. It is not a minor attribute. We want the next Roethlisberger, not the next Bortles.

He does have to get better. I don't really understand it, because it didn't seem to be a problem his rookie year.

He obviously spent a lot of time in the offseason working on the short to mid-range passes and he is significantly improved.

Don't see why he can't eventually figure out the long ball, but the fact that it's so often errant now is a puzzle (to me at least.)

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He does have to get better. I don't really understand it, because it didn't seem to be a problem his rookie year.

He obviously spent a lot of time in the offseason working on the short to mid-range passes and he is significantly improved.

Don't see why he can't eventually figure out the long ball, but the fact that it's so often errant now is a puzzle (to me at least.)

He doesn’t seem to put enough air under it. Strange to say, but Barkley is a better deep thrower right now because he gives the receivers a chance. Allen throws it too hard and on a relative line, and unless it’s perfectly placed, the receivers have no chance to catch up.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, jrober38 said:

The bills havent given up a 40 yard air touchdown all season

And we have had recievers behind our DBs and QBs throw it... And never complete it

On 12/8/2019 at 9:15 PM, whorlnut said:

I can’t even fathom how pissed ill be if they draft defense in the first, but I can really see Beane getting someone like Yetur Gross-Matos if he’s there. Then we will select the best available WR at the end of round two. It’s a joke. 

I agree in principle. However, BPA comes into play. If, by far, the best player available when they draft in the first round is a pass rushing defensive end you got to take him