Please draft offense

whorlnut

36 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can’t even fathom how pissed ill be if they draft defense in the first, but I can really see Beane getting someone like Yetur Gross-Matos if he’s there. Then we will select the best available WR at the end of round two. It’s a joke. 

Yes. You should be our GM. We’d be undefeated,

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Almost forgot the dime Allen threw to McKenzie in the corner of the endzone for what I believe would have been a 20 yard TD. McKenzie dropped it. Would have been a pretty tough catch but that's the point, we don't have anyone capable of making that play.

Great point. A talented WR makes that catch. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Almost forgot the dime Allen threw to McKenzie in the corner of the endzone for what I believe would have been a 20 yard TD. McKenzie dropped it. Would have been a pretty tough catch but that's the point, we don't have anyone capable of making that play.

yeah he tried to catch it with his gut  We have a bunch of stomach catchers on this team  I hope they go hard after a elite talent in free agency

52 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

franchise LT and WR needed. Also new RT needed. 

we need at least 2 new WR's 

What your saying they really have no play makers and despite making the playoffs will most likely lose in opening round.  You cannot win against good team without play makers and even our starting RB is not good enough because he lacks great speed and this is why he gets hit behind the line so often.  WR is biggest need,  Josh has a hard time throwing over LB'S to small guys without throwing over the heads because they are short.  The TE KNOX killed the one drive in the 3rd after they scored and we had an opportunity to answer,  how times has this guy dropped passes right in his hands?

1 hour ago, mannc said:

This is inarguable.   Our defense really can’t play any better than it’s played this year.  With an above average offense, we’d be 11-2 or better.  And no, we don’t desperately need an edge rusher, although would be nice if we signed one in FA.  We are generating more than enough pressure.  

I would draft 80% offense and half my Free agents offense. If McDermott doesn't figure it out soon that his offense is deficient,  than he's going to pay the price. 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Not at all. However, it’s clear as day what could help this team go to the next level and it’s never too early to start talking about it. 

Sounded like another reactionary post to a loss to me, particularly given the timing. I see a lot of that BS here.

What constitutes the next level to you? Had we won today would that have been a next step?

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would draft 80% offense and half my Free agents offense. If McDermott doesn't figure it out soon that his offense is deficient,  than he's going to pay the price. 

Yeah and that would be a shame. He needs to learn to value the offense like he does his defense. 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Great point. A talented WR makes that catch. 

I was at the stadium and nothing frustrated me more than that drop and the drop by Beasley. Those were Allen's 2 best throws of the day by my count and they were wasted. The Beasley one especially - Allen immediately rolled out of the pocket and pointed to Beasley basically telling him to run up field, then he throws a perfectly placed pass on the run 30 yards down field and Beasley alligator arms it. Now it's 4th down and we have to punt. So I come here after the game and people are saying Allen was the primary reason we lost? Not by my eyes he wasn't. Not his best game by any means but I see some of these "inaccurate" passes caught by other teams regularly. Even the arm punt to Foster, I've seen Willie Snead make that catch for Lamar Jackson a couple of times. Just feels like we are missing a certain caliber of receiver that all the top offenses have.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Sounded like another reactionary post to a loss to me, particularly given the timing. I see a lot of that BS here.

What constitutes the next level to you? Had we won today would that have been a next step?

Our offense not being a liability. That’s the next step. We don’t currently have game breaking receivers. We have some good complimentary pieces in Beasley and Brown, but we lack a game breaker.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I was at the stadium and nothing frustrated me more than that drop and the drop by Beasley. Those were Allen's 2 best throws of the day by my count and they were wasted. The Beasley one especially - Allen immediately rolled out of the pocket and pointed to Beasley basically telling him to run up field, then he throws a perfectly placed pass on the run 30 yards down field and Beasley alligator arms it. Now it's 4th down and we have to punt. So I come here after the game and people are saying Allen was the primary reason we lost? Not by my eyes he wasn't. Not his best game by any means but I see some of these "inaccurate" passes caught by other teams regularly. Even the arm punt to Foster, I've seen Willie Snead make that catch for Lamar Jackson a couple of times. Just feels like we are missing a certain caliber of receiver that all the top offenses have.

Exactly!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Our offense not being a liability. That’s the next step. We don’t currently have game breaking receivers. We have some good complimentary pieces in Beasley and Brown, but we lack a game breaker.  

Fair enough.

Do you think the Ravens are at the 'next level'? If so, who is their game breaker? 

Dawkins is under contract for 2020. He is servicable at LT. Spain will walk. Move Ford to guard or let him battle for RT starting spot. Sign an average RT. 

Normally I would favor a veteran WR and if they can get OBJ, AJ Green, or Amari Cooper in free agency then I say go for it. If they can't land a big time free agent, then a big body WR in round 2 makes sense. They will have two very good veteran WR to bring the rookie along.

You can always attempt to better your offense with new personnel.  But no matter how good you may be on paper, if your play calling suffers, the "right" guys may not necessarily be very productive.  Take today's first quarter.  The play calling was atrocious, predictable, and to some extent laughable.  Run twice, which everyone we knows we generally do early on, then pass because you have to.  No keeping the defense guessing and no attempts to develop any rhythm with short passes.  When you pray that those bombs from Allen will be on target, especially on a windy day, it's called wishful thinking.  Defenses love three and outs and we're particularly adept at it.

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Fair enough.

Do you think the Ravens are at the 'next level'? If so, who is their game breaker? 

The rpo offense is enough  They arent asking Jackson to throw 30+ times or to move the chains with throws to the outside. Wrs on that team are a luxury they dont utilize much and they are still equal to what we have  Daboll wants to run a pass first scheme without the talent on the outside to do it.  We have the same problem the Patriots do running the same scheme

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

by no means is TE solved. Knox has hands of stone and the ball bounces off his f'kin chest.  Sweeney barely made the team, Kroft is a non-factor and Croom is not the answer.

Knox needs gloves.   why not try them.  

on another note, Knox runs angry and is good after the catch.  put him at half back and run screen plays?

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

RB can be drafted in late rounds or FA.

they do not need another TE..let theirs develop

yiu can sign an OL in free agency. You won’t be drafting high enough to get the elite LT so you look at a prospect who coukd fo both G and T.

you don’t need an elite WR. You can survive if you have specialty roles.

sure so this is a needless team. Got it. 

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

RB can be drafted in late rounds or FA.

they do not need another TE..let theirs develop

yiu can sign an OL in free agency. You won’t be drafting high enough to get the elite LT so you look at a prospect who coukd fo both G and T.

you don’t need an elite WR. You can survive if you have specialty roles.

TE we have one that drops ALOT. We have another that is MIA. We have another that is a walking penalty and another that cannot get on the field. What are you holding out hope for Croom?

you Absolutely needs a top end WR. Notice what happens when we don’t have one?  Not a lot of Seperation. 

10 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Rather get a vet WR than someone in the draft unless they are an absolute blue chip like a AJ green/Megatron/Julio.

Bill Belisuckmydick cant even pluck and develop a good WR from the draft. 

It’s smarter to get a vet.

There looks to be an unheard of number of blue chip wide outs in the 2020 draft like nothing I have ever seen before.

This will be the perfect situation for a team like the Bills who need at least one wide receiver. One couldn't ask for a better class.

Edited by Bill from NYC

15 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

franchise LT and WR needed. Also new RT needed. 

we need at least 2 new WR's 

2? Why? I can see the case for 1 but not 2 as McKenzie is a solid depth WR yet with us running 3 wide so much he's being over used and that's why we need a better top end option. Also the defense could use a few more players especially if LorAx retires after this year and we part ways with Kevin Johnson or Levi Wallace. Toss in Jordan Phillips and/or Shaq Lawson might not be back. We do have cap space but we have to be smart with it as while nice to bring everyone back we might want to considering upgrading them specifically at 2nd CB and find a younger LoRax for the long term.