Please draft offense

whorlnut

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m going to get killed for this but they will draft BPA mixed with Need.

WR 

DE

CB

OT

OLB/Edge

Will all be in play for the first 3 rounds. 
We will also have FA to help us see which way they will go early in the draft. 

I can’t even fathom how pissed ill be if they draft defense in the first, but I can really see Beane getting someone like Yetur Gross-Matos if he’s there. Then we will select the best available WR at the end of round two. It’s a joke. 

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Outside WR 

Another TE

RT and probably a OG

RB 

those are all needs on Offense 

RB can be drafted in late rounds or FA.

they do not need another TE..let theirs develop

yiu can sign an OL in free agency. You won’t be drafting high enough to get the elite LT so you look at a prospect who coukd fo both G and T.

you don’t need an elite WR. You can survive if you have specialty roles.

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m going to get killed for this but they will draft BPA mixed with Need.

WR 

DE

CB

OT

OLB/Edge

Will all be in play for the first 3 rounds. 
We will also have FA to help us see which way they will go early in the draft. 

Yeah, you take A players early rather than take B players because of need. These emotional knee-jerk pleas assume the FO has no clue. They get it. 

The WR class this year is supposed to be deep, so I wouldn't be surprised if Beane snagged one in the earlier rounds.

I would also like to see a RB to compliment Singletary, as well as a RT.

I don't think a TE is a position of need.  Let Knox develop; he drops a few too many, but he also makes some good catches for "angry runs"

Team needs a #1 WR, #1 TE, and #1b RB. 

WR- I doubt Cooper makes it to FA, but is he does, get him. If not draft one in Rd 1

TE- Get Hooper in FA

RB- sign literally anyone under the age of 25, or draft one in the mod rounds. 

Very doable. 

15 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can’t even fathom how pissed ill be if they draft defense in the first, but I can really see Beane getting someone like Yetur Gross-Matos if he’s there. Then we will select the best available WR at the end of round two. It’s a joke. 

Good GM’s don’t box themselves into reaching based off a need at a position. Every successful GM will tell you this. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good GM’s don’t box themselves into reaching based off a need at a position. Every successful GM will tell you this. 

You realize that this is the best WR I’m recent memory, right?  There is a great chance WR will be BPA when our turn comes. 

36 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Rather get a vet WR than someone in the draft unless they are an absolute blue chip like a AJ green/Megatron/Julio.

Bill Belisuckmydick cant even pluck and develop a good WR from the draft. 

It’s smarter to get a vet.

There are several WR that have an impact immediately. From the 2019 draft, Debo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin, etc. With the right pick you can get a cost controlled starting WR which better enables us to keep the team and our depth intact.

BB isn’t a good measure of WR draft success. It’s not just the draft where he struggles to identify WR that fit his system. 

Edited by eanyills

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and don’t give me AJ Green. Old and Broke

Couldn't disagree more. He is my biggest target in free agency. Watch him leave Cincinnati and suddenly lose his injury bug. With a real organization and training/medical staff he'll be fine. And I believe he is still a true #1 WR even though out of his prime. He's exactly the player we need to pair with a WR we draft in the first 2 rounds. Let the young WR learn from one of the best and give Allen a real #1 WR with experience.

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It would also be helpful if Allen can throw accurately downfield. If he can't , might not matter too much who our #1 WR is. There is a huge chunk of the defensive backfield that might not worry the defense too much. That's a problem.

I bet if a real #1 WR was in on Beasley's drop, or Foster struggling to find the ball on essentially an arm punt, or Brown looking over both shoulders not sure what route he should run, we would have had some more deep completions today. That is easily the biggest thing missing from our offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

You realize that this is the best WR I’m recent memory, right?  There is a great chance WR will be BPA when our turn comes. 

I didn’t argue that with you. Also I’m not sure we will ever know what the Bills front office has for grades on draftees. 
Remember this,  DE is a very critical area. As it stands after this year the Bills could be very weak at that position. 
position importance from everything I hear goes

QB

Rush QB (Pass rushers DE and Edge players)

Protect QB( oline) 

then a whole bunch of other positions.

The fact it’s a deep class at WR means the Bills could get a good one in a few different rounds.

To think we know better than Beane who to draft where is just ignorant. I don’t spend nearly the amount of time Beane and his staff does researching college players. Nor do we meet with prospective players or speak with coaches about their player. 
I finally trust our FO for the first time since the early 90’s to make the right moves. 
It’s fun to come on here and debate and share thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s so clear to me what we really need to take the next step...offensive weapons. I love John Brown, but he’s more of a WR2. Beasley is our slot guy, that can’t be argued. We need a tall WR that can go get it in the end zone at the end of games. IMO that’s what we need to target above all else this draft. 

In addition, we could really use a RT. I think Ford will finally be moved inside next year, but we need a true RT. We could look at FA, or in the draft. Either way it’s a huge need. 

We also need a second RB. Motor has been really good, but we need some reliability when he needs to catch his breath. I’m thinking maybe the fourth or fifth to find this guy. 

I say all this to plead and beg Beane to upgrade the offense this off-season. Please resist the urge to draft defense in round one and get a real playmaker for this offense. It’s what we need to round out this offense and make us a more complete football team. I get the potential need for pass rusher, but we can’t use all our premium picks on defense each year and expect to keep up with opposing offenses. 

9-4. Playoff fate in our own hands. Outside chance of taking the division. And you're focused on the draft.

Was that your focus prior to kickoff today?

Does this mean that you've given up on the season?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

9-4. Playoff fate in our own hands. Outside chance of taking the division. And you're focused on the draft.

Was that your focus prior to kickoff today?

Does this mean that you've given up on the season?

Not at all. However, it’s clear as day what could help this team go to the next level and it’s never too early to start talking about it. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes please. Unfortunately I don’t think this regime values the WR position all that much.

Well supposedly they were in on Antonio Brown and they signed 2 starting receivers in the offseason. Plus they traded for Benjamin last year. It's not that they don't value WRs, it's been a combination of poor talent evaluation and a lack of #1 options. I will be really surprised if they don't go all out next year to put a real weapon across from John Brown. I think they've seen enough of Isaiah McKenzie running routes more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

My ideal WR depth next year is AJ Green, WR drafted in round 1 or 2, Brown, Beasley, Foster, and Roberts. Maybe McKenzie over Foster. Whichever one can run gadget plays better.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Outside WR 

Another TE

RT and probably a OG

RB 

those are all needs on Offense 

Absolutely true. Singletary is a nice RB but he has no explosion and that hurts the offense. a WR is a must, maybe even two, and the Oline issues need to be solved

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I bet if a real #1 WR was in on Beasley's drop, or Foster struggling to find the ball on essentially an arm punt, or Brown looking over both shoulders not sure what route he should run, we would have had some more deep completions today. That is easily the biggest thing missing from our offense.

Almost forgot the dime Allen threw to McKenzie in the corner of the endzone for what I believe would have been a 20 yard TD. McKenzie dropped it. Would have been a pretty tough catch but that's the point, we don't have anyone capable of making that play.

• Like (+1) 1