Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

i shouldn't be but i'm shocked at the number of talking heads, rags, internet LAMP/attention-whores, "expert" bloggers calling the Steelers in this one, it just doesn't add up.  I'll give "toss up" or "flip a coin" but the crap i'm hearing has very little justification with the exception of "it's in Pittsburgh".

and you know, no amount of victory will validate the Bills, it'll be "oh, they have a 3rd String QB" and "JJSS didn't play and Connors was not 100%".

Edited by Say When...
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Say When... said:

i shouldn't be but i'm shocked at the number of talking heads, rags, internet LAMP/attention-whores, "expert" bloggers calling the Steelers in this one, it just doesn't add up.  I'll give "toss up" or "flip a coin" but the crap i'm hearing has very little justification with the exception of "it's in Pittsburgh".

and you know, no amount of victory will validate the Bills, it'll be "oh, they have a 3rd String QB" and "JJSS didn't play and Connors was not 100%".

I just read Joe B's assessment and I was pretty shocked he picked the Steelers.   His assertion is  essentially that on film, the Steelers are the most talented defense the Bills have faced all season and that Allen hasn't learned a thing since NE, essentially.  *shrug*  I expect the Ravens, NE, and the 49ers would all have something to say about that "Steelers are the Best Defense in Football" thing, and I disagree with Joe's film assessments at times when I know I'm watching the same plays he's watching.  We'll see.

Joe B claims an 11-2 record with his predictions but going back, I can't find all his weekly predictions in his Athletic articles.  Anyone else?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nope. They play a ton of zone. You'll see a completely different look than the Ravens.

1 hour ago, theAteam said:

With Dupree and Watt they don't need to blitz. They get the necessary pressure on their own.

57 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They disguise the rush very well but they don’t bring an extra rusher with too much frequency.  They do get plenty of sacks...

No one blitzes like Ravens, but Steelers are 6th highest blitzing team.  They're in the same ballpark as Jets & Browns, and Allen didn't particularly play well against those defenses.

FWIW, Steelers defensive game plan dialed up a lot of blitzes against Kyler, and don't be surprised that they do the same against another QB who struggles with pressure.

OTOH, despite being ranked high, I'm not that impressed with Steelers D as they've feasted on a lot of bad QB play.   If the good Josh makes an appearance, Steelers are toast.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Feel free to disagree.  I’ve watched a lot of Steeler games this year; it’s a really talented group and it’s a big reason the Steelers haven’t fallen on their face despite being down to playing a third-string undrafted rookie QB.

How big of a reason is THEIR F***ING INSANE DEFENSE?!?!?

3 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

How big of a reason is THEIR F***ING INSANE DEFENSE?!?!?

I agree; they have a real good defense, but the offense has still managed to score points, despite starting an undrafted free agent from Samford--not Stanford.  That wouldn't happen if there weren't some very good pieces in place around him.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just read Joe B's assessment and I was pretty shocked he picked the Steelers.   His assertion is  essentially that on film, the Steelers are the most talented defense the Bills have faced all season and that Allen hasn't learned a thing since NE, essentially.  *shrug*  I expect the Ravens, NE, and the 49ers would all have something to say about that "Steelers are the Best Defense in Football" thing, and I disagree with Joe's film assessments at times when I know I'm watching the same plays he's watching.  We'll see.

Joe B claims an 11-2 record with his predictions but going back, I can't find all his weekly predictions in his Athletic articles.  Anyone else?

His two incorrect predictions were the Browns and Patriots, I believe. Picked Bills to win in both. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's surprising. 

I found the Browns on the Athletic website archives.  Where does he make his predictions generally?

His weekly pre-game preview on The Athletic. Down at the bottom of the article. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In Joe BS defense, whether he says it or not, he hates Allen so he assumes the worst showing he can have. 

11 hours ago, Say When... said:

Who cares about justification. When and in baby

• Thank you (+1) 2