Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Their defense is absolutely loaded with talent and their offensive line is one of the very best in the league.  Outside of the offensive skill positions, they have as good a roster as any team in football.

Not sure which team you're talking about, but the Steelers have outstanding offensive skill position players, just like they always have. 

Edited by mannc

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not sure which team you're talking about, but theSteelers have outstanding offensive skill position players, just like they always have. 

What Pittsburgh offensive skill position players have played "outstanding" football this year?

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not sure which team you're talking about, but the Steelers have outstanding offensive skill position players, just like they always have. 

Not really.  Duck Hodges, James Conner (product of OL, obviously), a hobbled JuJu, James Washington (nice vertical threat), Vance McDonald (I guess).  Do you want me to name 20 teams with a better collection of skill position players?  I could start with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Not really.  Duck Hodges, James Conner (product of OL, obviously), a hobbled JuJu, James Washington (nice vertical threat), Vance McDonald (I guess).  Do you want me to name 20 teams with a better collection of skill position players?  I could start with the Bills.

I wasn't including the QB.  Smith-Schuster, James Washington and Dionte Johnson are as good as any WR group in the league, McDonald is an above average TE and Conner is an excellent RB.  I would take those guys over the Bills skill position players any day and I don't think it's even close.  There is a reason Ducky Hodges has been successful, and it's not the NFL-level coaching he received at Stamford.  If JA had a similar group of skill position players, he'd be lighting up the scoreboard.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

What Pittsburgh offensive skill position players have played "outstanding" football this year?

Smith-Schuster has been hurt, but he's proven he's a really good WR.  Same with Connor at RB.  James Washington is emerging as a serious downfield threat, and Dionte Johnson is one of the two or three best rookie receivers in a very good WR class.  When Smith-Schuster is healthy (I know he's out this weekend), I can't think of a WR group in the league that I'd rather have. 

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

I wasn't including the QB.  Smith-Schuster, James Washington and Dionte Johnson are as good as any WR group in the league, McDonald is an above average TE and Conner is an excellent RB.  I would take those guys over the Bills skill position players any day and I don't think it's even close.  There is a reason Ducky Hodges has been successful, and it's not the NFL-level coaching he received at Stamford.  If JA had a similar group of skill position players, he'd be lighting up the scoreboard.

hahahahhahaah, oh boy. 

Texans say hi

Falcons say hi

Saints say hi

Packers say hi 

Cleveland says hi

Dallas says hi

Buccaneers say hi 

and thats just right now off the top of my head dude 

GTFO with that. Smith Schuster is a good WR, but lets pump the breaks on him even being ELITE yet...one good year, one great year, and hes been hurt all year this year. Washington is a 2nd year WR who was meh last year but showed glimpses, and has been decent this year. And Johnson is a rookie. Calling them "as good as any" in the league is a farce. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Smith-Schuster has been hurt, but he's proven he's a really good WR.  Same with Connor at RB.  James Washington is emerging as a serious downfield threat, and Dionte Johnson is one of the two or three best rookie receivers in a very good WR class.  When Smith-Schuster is healthy (I know he's out this weekend), I can't think of a WR group in the league that I'd rather have. 

I'm sure you realize you didn't answer my question.  Who is playing "outstanding" football for the Steelers this year?

Just now, PaattMaann said:

hahahahhahaah, oh boy. 

Texans say hi

Falcons say hi

Saints say hi

Packers say hi 

Cleveland says hi

Dallas says hi

Buccaneers say hi 

GTFO with that. Smith Schuster is a good WR, but lets pump the breaks on him even being ELITE yet...one good year, one great year, and hes been hurt all year this year. Washington is a 2nd year WR who was meh last year but showed glimpses, and has been decent this year. And Johnson is a rookie. Calling them "as good as any" in the league is a farce. 

Why are all those teams saying hi?  I don’t understand.  

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm sure you realize you didn't answer my question.  Who is playing "outstanding" football for the Steelers this year?

I’m not sure any one of them has been outstanding, but as a group I believe they are.  

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

you already know the answer, but cute

Oh, I know.  It’s just a juvenile and annoying figure of speech.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Are you serious?

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure any one of them has been outstanding, but as a group I believe they are.  

Oh, I know.  It’s just a juvenile and annoying figure of speech.

so instead of admitting your argument is asinine you just play dumb about how I phrased it? cool man, thanks for your great contribution! 

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

hahahahhahaah, oh boy. 

Texans say hi

Falcons say hi

Saints say hi

Packers say hi 

Cleveland says hi

Dallas says hi

Buccaneers say hi 

San Francisco, LA Rams, Seattle, Kansas City, LA Chargers...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

so instead of admitting your argument is asinine you just play dumb about how I phrased it? cool man, thanks for your great contribution! 

How about this?  I disagree that those teams have better WR groups than Pittsburgh.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

How about this?  I disagree that those teams have better WR groups than Pittsburgh.

sure, you can definitely disagree, thats the point of a message board. I am confident literally no one else on earth agrees with you though (see the replies to your comment above already)

1 minute ago, metzelaars_lives said:

It's not ANY of the reason the Steelers unloaded Antonio Brown.  Ugh I come on here for a break from politics on Twitter and this is even dumber.

Feel free to disagree.  I’ve watched a lot of Steeler games this year; it’s a really talented group and it’s a big reason the Steelers haven’t fallen on their face despite being down to playing a third-string undrafted rookie QB.