Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

Honestly I think we are the better team. But the Steelers have a lot riding on this game. With the Ravens in their future and trying to hold onto a wild card spot they need this win bad! Plus prime time at home, it’s going to be a crazy intense game!!

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Neither does Buffalo. And what do you know, we also have a fumbling prone QB.

No it's not Lamar Jackson and crew but their D is pretty legit and I can see them blowing up our O line often. Don't underestimate this team. They have everything riding on this game and they're home.

Ask the Cowboys how that Thanksgiving game went when they had everything riding on that game while at home

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The next two weeks will define this season.  We will know if they are a legitimate playoff team or just the beneficiaries of an easy schedule.  

Defense needs to create some short fields and an early lead.  Daboll needs to move the pocket and get the ball to Beasley and Knox early.  

Also, our guys need to catch footballs thrown their way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Neither does Buffalo. And what do you know, we also have a fumbling prone QB.

Did you know that the Bills are tied for 4th in the league for fumbles lost with 5, and 8th in the league for total turnovers with 14?

The Steelers are tied for 17th in fumbles lost (with the Jets) and 21st for total turnovers, with 21. 

I grant you, the Bad Reindeer is responsible for most of the INTs. 

But the point is, let's not go too nuts.  Are we hearing about the Giants "fumble prone QB" (Daniel Jones has 15, one more than Allen)?  Kyle Allen has 12, as do Winston and Minshew, while Wentz has 11 - are we hearing about them as "fumble prone QBs"?

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

No it's not Lamar Jackson and crew but their D is pretty legit and I can see them blowing up our O line often. Don't underestimate this team. They have everything riding on this game and they're home.

I agree, Steelers D is totally legit and so is their OL.  We need to come in revved up and ready to play.  We need Daboll to come up with a good game plan and we need Allen to "take what the defense gives him" in the way of quick short and intermediate passes early in the game.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you know that the Bills are tied for 4th in the league for fumbles lost with 5, and 8th in the league for total turnovers with 14?

The Steelers are tied for 17th in fumbles lost (with the Jets) and 21st for total turnovers, with 21. 

I grant you, the Bad Reindeer is responsible for most of the INTs. 

But the point is, let's not go too nuts.  Are we hearing about the Giants "fumble prone QB" (Daniel Jones has 15, one more than Allen)?  Kyle Allen has 12, as do Winston and Minshew, while Wentz has 11 - are we hearing about them as "fumble prone QBs"?

I agree, Steelers D is totally legit and so is their OL.  We need to come in revved up and ready to play.  We need Daboll to come up with a good game plan and we need Allen to "take what the defense gives him" in the way of quick short and intermediate passes early in the game.

I'm surprised at that stat. I thought Allen would be way lower. What are the stats for total fumbles regardless of who recovers?

Bad reindeer..?

"Just ok," eh? Maybe their offense without Big Ben. But as many people are saying here, this defense is about as scary as they come, and they're a particular bad matchup for the Bills offense. Look at the patterns: A QB who holds the ball longer than anyone else in the league against one of the best pass rushing and blitzing teams, if not the best; a QB who can't hit the long ball to keep the defense from sitting on the short passes. A QB who has a fumbling problem against a defense known for creating turnovers. I hope Daboll comes up with an answer, but I don't see what it will be with Allen. He's talented, but his talents--a powerful arm and scrambling abilities--don't work very well against an effective blitz/pass rush. Essentially he needs to learn how to be a Brady-type rhythm passer overnight. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, finn said:

. Look at the patterns: A QB who holds the ball longer than anyone else in the league 

This is incorrect. There are 7 QBs who hold the ball longer and 2 more who are tied with him. They are not all crap QBs in that list below him either. 

13 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

no one is worried about our defense 

ppl are concerned about Dabboll calling another poor game and Allen not being able to beat a top defense. 

Per your Daboll point - he called a game that both had guys open short, and guys open Deep. Allen chose to go for the throat and go deep, and routinely missed. Then when he did hit on them, they were dropped. I don't fault Daboll for that.

Allen beat denver and dallas and tennesee, all top 10 defenses. But I guess it only counts when Allen can't beat a top defense, not when he does. 

Edited by PaattMaann

31 minutes ago, finn said:

"Just ok," eh? Maybe their offense without Big Ben. But as many people are saying here, this defense is about as scary as they come, and they're a particular bad matchup for the Bills offense. Look at the patterns: A QB who holds the ball longer than anyone else in the league against one of the best pass rushing and blitzing teams, if not the best; a QB who can't hit the long ball to keep the defense from sitting on the short passes. A QB who has a fumbling problem against a defense known for creating turnovers. I hope Daboll comes up with an answer, but I don't see what it will be with Allen. He's talented, but his talents--a powerful arm and scrambling abilities--don't work very well against an effective blitz/pass rush. Essentially he needs to learn how to be a Brady-type rhythm passer overnight. 

Quick short to intermediate slants with some effective screen passes should be the plan this game

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Curious, how do you manage traffic lights?

It's not hard. I know red is at the top, amber middle and green at the bottom. 

Plus, the red and green are a very distinctive shade. 

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

It's not hard. I know red is at the top, amber middle and green at the bottom. 

Plus, the red and green are a very distinctive shade. 

Don't give Kim any ideas for a new home uniform combination.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Their defense is absolutely loaded with talent and their offensive line is one of the very best in the league.  Outside of the offensive skill positions, they have as good a roster as any team in football.

Fortunately for us, those offensive skill positions are just a wee bit important in a game like this.