Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

The Bills might have felt they BACKED into the playoffs in 2017.

This is their chance to EARN a playoff spot (then work from there) in 2019.

We should hope that the motivation and preparation should be thru the roof for Sunday night.

And in turn, this is probably the most excited this fan base has been for a game in a long time.

I hope that at 11:40 Sunday night we are all happy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Forced?  That's a good play, but hopefully it doesn't work out.

Yeah for sure, they’ve been crushing it. I would say that they’ve been an even better fantasy defense than in real life. 

I don’t like starting guys against the Bills if I can help it though (primarily because I don’t want anyone to play well against us and also because Bills games are stressful enough as it is!). 

But since I can’t buy another defense, happy to provide a reverse jinx and help the Bills out!! ??

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills might have felt they BACKED into the playoffs in 2017.

This is their chance to EARN a playoff spot (then work from there) in 2019.

We should hope that the motivation and preparation should be thru the roof for Sunday night.

And in turn, this is probably the most excited this fan base has been for a game in a long time.

I hope that at 11:40 Sunday night we are all happy.

If the Bills win Sunday night I have a feeling many of us will be dragging at work the next day. I know I will be to pumped to go to bed at 11:40 if the Bills win. Have to watch the post game show, go on the internet. Monday at work I will be like those people in those energy drink commercials who are falling asleep at their desk at 2:30 during a work day. That will definitely be me.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills win Sunday night I have a feeling many of us will be dragging at work the next day. I know I will be to pumped to go to bed at 11:40 if the Bills win. Have to watch the post game show, go on the internet. Monday at work I will be like those people in those energy drink commercials who are falling asleep at their desk at 2:30 during a work day. That will definitely be me.

I will just call in.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That, and you need to spread out the defenders.  If they try to go heavy with the max protect and bunch formations like they did last week, we'll likely see much of the same results.

I can't help wondering if at this point, it may be a benefit to Josh to understand that he only has 5 guys blocking and he better make quick reads and quick decisions

vs.

having a "max protect" scheme that may or may not be able to correctly diagnose who they're supposed to block, or actually block if they do

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't help wondering if at this point, it may be a benefit to Josh to understand that he only has 5 guys blocking and he better make quick reads and quick decisions

vs.

having a "max protect" scheme that may or may not be able to correctly diagnose who they're supposed to block, or actually block if they do

I'll be pissed if they aren't utilizing quick dump offs and/or screens. We have good personnel for those.

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Anyone else worried this could be the best 2 DE we have seen all year? I really hope Daboll figures out a blocking scheme with Bobby Johnson that doesn’t include leaving a TE alone on an edge rusher.  

I am not, I think we have seen better pure rushers in Dallas.  I also do not think that the Steelers have the CBs to be able to do what the Ravens did.

I dont know but reading through this thread and the other Pittsburgh threads but I seem to be in the minority thinking we are not going to have ANY trouble in this game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hope the Bills offense can look like that. A little nervous with all the talent Pitt has on defense.

I seem to be in the minority but having watched EVERY Steeler game this year as well, their offense is trash and really their defense doe not impress me on a matchup standard.  Only Dupree is the player I am worried about

Their Corners cannot cover and Fitzpatrick is opportunistic I know I am in the minority here but I dont think this game is every going to be in doubt and I see Bills cruising to a Win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Morse locker room from yesterday after practice

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/mitch-morse-we-ll-have-to-grow-as-a-team

I hope he plays fiercer and more engaged than he interviews.  Although maybe he's honest and a realist, realizing that some of the stuff that went down last Sunday is not something you can fix in a week with the same players and fixing some of it is all you can do. 

The only time he showed a bit of emotion was when a reporter asked him about Josh Allen tripping over him and it going down as a sack, and he said "if you trip him, there's a reason why you're back there" (ie he still has blame) and (in a tone of disgust) "I'm worried about winning games and not getting my guy hit and not how many sacks I have at the end of the year".  Right On, Morse!

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I seem to be in the minority but having watched EVERY Steeler game this year as well, their offense is trash and really their defense doe not impress me on a matchup standard.  Only Dupree is the player I am worried about

Their Corners cannot cover and Fitzpatrick is opportunistic I know I am in the minority here but I dont think this game is every going to be in doubt and I see Bills cruising to a Win

Just Win.  don't care if it's 7-6, 3-2, or 32-17 - JUST WIN

20 minutes ago, theAteam said:

I'll be pissed if they aren't utilizing quick dump offs and/or screens. We have good personnel for those.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - there were times the quick plays were there for Josh last Sunday, and he chose to trust his protections and go for a bigger play.  So I wonder if it isn't a benefit to him right now to know "hey, you have to take the quick shot, any rusher >5 is YOURS"

Their thread on this Game if you want to take a read, there are the Normal Allen accuracy will turn it over, and they played a soft schedule stuff.  But some nice points too.  Also interesting that they have this hug Nation Wide fanbase but their thread about this game is 4 pages

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/steelers-vs-bills.23545/

First Post

Bill defense will make it nearly impossible to move the ball. I don't have any faith in Fichtner to come up with a game plan to score on these guys. It's inexcusable that he did not have Vance heavily involved in todays game plan. Arizona has been mauled by every TE this year, they are as bad as the Steelers were defending TE's prior to this season. I know Vance left with a concussion but he only had 1 catch up until then and could have used Vannett afterwards, Arizona is that bad at covering them.

Now you're facing a secondary with no weaknesses to exploit. They will need Conner back for this one, heavy dose of running and dare I say, maybe bubble screens. You thought I was going to say the wildcat didn't you, I better not see any of that mickey mouse stuff, Bills will destroy that.

I have faith our defense can contain Allen, he's Lamar Jackson light and the Steelers have handled Jackson better than any other team this year.

Going to be a tough game, I give the Bills the edge since they have a better offense and a defense to match ours.

Another Post of the Heat Map against our Defense

[IMG]

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What's the uni Sunday night?

Steelers will be in their all Black Color Rush (side note they are 5-0 in that uniform)

Not sure I saw ours yet

Reports on Twitter are White on Blue for the Bills

Edited by MAJBobby