Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Heitz said:

Are there a lot of TBD'ers heading to the game?   Should we start a roll call thread?  Where's the Pinto tailgate (haven't seen it pop up on Twitter yet).

I'm heading to the 'Burgh on Friday to meet up with hometown homies and college bros!  Parking in one of the Gold lots and other friends are at Stage AE.

Should be fun, I've never been to a game in Heinz Field (only a couple in Three Rivers BITD) and I haven't seen the crew in a loooong time!  :beer:

Sounds like there's alot of cold ones in the forecast for this weekend ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

gonna be really depressing if we can't get a win in these next 2 weeks

that means we have essentially 0 wins this season against quality opponents, Tennessee doesn't count bc they were garbage with Mariota. Cowboys now we know are terrible also. 

I don't want us to limp into the wild card beating the jets and getting embarrassed in the first round.  

59 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

that means we have essentially 0 wins this season against quality opponents, Tennessee doesn't count bc they were garbage with Mariota. Cowboys now we know are terrible also. 

I don't want us to limp into the wild card beating the jets and getting embarrassed in the first round.  

9 fake wins.    So doomed 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theAteam said:

Let's be real the Steelers have played the Bengals, Browns, and Cardinals with Hodges. All 3 were 1 score wins. This kid hasn't played a top defense yet.

I expect McDermott to have roast 'Duck" on Sunday  Long as hero ball Josh isnt running around handing over the football we should win convincingly

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Are you sure that you're not cheering for this to happen, because I'm not sure based on most of your posts.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Per the Buffalo news, "Baltimore is blitzing an NFL-high 53.4% of pass plays through 13 games...Pittsburgh is blitzing on 36.5% of pass plays this season, according to Pro Football Focus."

Also, "In the three-game win streak against Miami, Denver and Dallas, the Bills had showed progress against pressure. Those teams blitzed Allen at a combined 30% rate, and Allen went 17 of 23 for 209 yards with two TDs, no interceptions and a 130.5 rating, according to News charts."

Denver and Dallas have elite pass rushers, but we limited them effectively. Baltimore plays Cover-0 and blitzes more than any team in the league and we struggled (the Pats and the Browns also blitz very frequently and efficiently too so that's 3 of our 4 losses right there). As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I believe the Steelers are more similar to Denver/Dallas than the Ravens which should make this an easier match up in theory. Plus they play zone rather than the press man coverage the Ravens rely on.

Pittsburgh has a great defense and pass rush, but a lot of people are giving them too much respect on here. Our offense should actually match up pretty well with them and play well as long as we clean up the mistakes from this past week. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/09/josh-allen-blitz-rate-baltimore-ravens-completion-percentage-analysis/

If you're suggesting that Pittsburgh blitzes less than Baltimore so that somehow helps us, keep in mind Pittsburgh is watching the Bills-Ravens tapes.  They've seen how effective the blitzes were.  They are going to be getting after Allen, trying to rattle his cage and prevent him from getting any rhythm.  He is going to have to find a way to make much quicker reads and get the ball out in a hurry.

15 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

If you're suggesting that Pittsburgh blitzes less than Baltimore so that somehow helps us, keep in mind Pittsburgh is watching the Bills-Ravens tapes.  They've seen how effective the blitzes were.  They are going to be getting after Allen, trying to rattle his cage and prevent him from getting any rhythm.  He is going to have to find a way to make much quicker reads and get the ball out in a hurry.

Or, the Bills will need to do what they did against Miami, Denver and Dallas in getting the run game working with short passes. Let Allen gain some confidence with those short passes. The Browns and Ravens game the Bills went pass happy and it didn't go so well. Run Singletary!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I am so pumped for this  game! More hyped than nervous. 

I would hope that if we want this team to be a  serious contender in the playoffs we can go into Pittsburgh and take care of business. Because once in we are going to be playing a bunch of Qbs much more experienced and dangerous than Duck. We are also going to have to win on the road in the playoffs.

If we don’t beat ourselves we win this. I think our roster overall is better. 

I will be really concerned losing the next two and then having to beat the Jets to squeak in. Not sure what that would say about our chances this year. 

If the Bills lose the next two and beat the Jets , they won’t be squeaking in. They’ll be in with a 10-6 record. It also won’t say much about their chances that we don’t already know. The Bills will have a good chance with their stout ( and portable) defense on the road in the wildcard round as they won’t be facing a Ravens/ Pats/ Steelers style ( or caliber) defense in all likelihood. After that, it will get a lot tougher if they pull the first round upset. It will take a superior coaching job on offense as well as another excellent defensive performance to win in the divisional round. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

Teams have had that blueprint for Allen since last season. The difference between the Pats*** and Ravens blitz schemes vs. everybody else’s is their respective CB play. I’m not convinced the Steelers have the CBs to support all those Cover 0 blitzes. That said, the Steelers D can hurt you in other ways, regardless. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Teams have had that blueprint for Allen since last season. The difference between the Pats*** and Ravens blitz schemes vs. everybody else’s is their respective CB play. I’m not convinced the Steelers have the CBs to support all those Cover 0 blitzes. That said, the Steelers D can hurt you in other ways, regardless. 

Steelers have Hayden and Fitzpatrick.  Plus they do not need to blitz to get pressure.  Daboll needs a good game plan. 

We should win this game.  D is equal, and a franchise QB should not lose to an undrafted rookie.  If we lose, we have very serious issues on offense.  (The Cards moved it on out prior to Murray throwing interceptions)