Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

hey @BuffaloSol remember when you wrote this a few backs...

BuffaloSol

• Rookie
  •  
  • BuffaloSol
  • Members
  • 356 posts
  On 11/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, PaattMaann said:

dont know why you are "lol"ing....games in Pitt, vegas hates the bills, I would expect to be the underdog in that game 

I completely disagree that the Bills will be an underdog to the Mason Rudolph led Steelers. That's why I am "lol"ing, not sure why you didn't catch that.

How did this age? Love the snark of "not sure why you didnt catch that" too...

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

hey @BuffaloSol remember when you wrote this a few backs...

BuffaloSol

• Rookie
  •  
  • BuffaloSol
  • Members
  • 356 posts
  On 11/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, PaattMaann said:

dont know why you are "lol"ing....games in Pitt, vegas hates the bills, I would expect to be the underdog in that game 

I completely disagree that the Bills will be an underdog to the Mason Rudolph led Steelers. That's why I am "lol"ing, not sure why you didn't catch that.

How did this age? Love the snark of "not sure why you didnt catch that" too...

the bills wouldn't have been dogs if rudolph was the qb….. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

doesnt matter. If my aunt had nuts shed by my uncle...he was wrong about the line and an asshat while discussing it, so im serving him up his crow 

I wasn't part of the discussion but he literally says "Rudolph led steelers"..... how much crow can possibly be served there?

a side dish maybe. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TheProcess said:

We’ve also had really unfortunate winds at home games this year. Worse than I can recall in the past. Seems like most of our home games this year have had difficult winds. Josh has certainly struggled this year with the deep ball, but even a little wind can compound the problem. 

This is true....

BTW eveyone wants K gun results when they forget how many short passes we did in that offense.

We need to screen better.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree, these teams are very similar. They have a little bit better defense, we have a little bit better offense. I anticipate it will come down to who makes their FGs and turns the ball over the least. 

And that scares me. 

We have a little bit better defense and a better offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

HEllO? <knock knock!> McFly! Anybody in there? It’s the freakin’ Steelers IN Pittsburgh! 9 years and running with a winning record. It will be a difficult game for us.

I get that. I honestly don't see why this team should scare us. Their defense is good, but calling a defense elite that has been playing who they've played lately is a stretch. Our offense has struggled, but we're not turning the ball over hardly at all and they live and die by turnovers. Our Defense will completely shut down everything they do and our Corners aren't going to get baited into silly PI calls when they know the QB can't get the ball there. Those PI's are some of the bigger parts of their offense. I don't want to sleep on them, I just think that they're by and large not much to worry about. We'll see if I'm wrong or not. 

Also, Our team plays better on the road, and our one "primetime" game this year was pretty good. 

I agree, these teams are very similar. They have a little bit better defense, we have a little bit better offense. I anticipate it will come down to who makes their FGs and turns the ball over the least. 

And that scares me. 

I disagree about their defense being better. We effectively shut down the two best offenses in the NFL in back to back weeks. They've been feasting on the cardinals, bengals, browns, and other such teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see the Bills losing this game unless they do some very egregious things in the turnover department or get really gashed on special teams.  Pittsburgh's offense is pretty bad and our D should be able to do what we did to Denver for the most part.  If we can simply not turn the ball over we should win and win comfortably.

stats for dummies time:

Bills played the #1 and #2 ranked offenses in the league the last two weeks and their defense shined. Steelers are the #28 ranked offense. Steelers played the 32nd ranked defense in the league on Sunday (Arizona) and scored one offensive TD. 

Bills are the #20 ranked offense and have played the #6 and #9 ranked defenses in the last 2 weeks. Steelers are #5. Next week they will play #1 and the last week of the season they play #7. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conference=ALL&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2019&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=OPP

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I guess this as good as any. Someone mentioned the wind being a huge factor at New Era this season,  I did a little stats for dummies. In Bills home games the QBs (both teams) 359.0ypg/59.1apg for an average of 6.07/att. While in Bills road games, again both QBs, 500.5ypg/72.8apg 6.87/att. A pretty significant drop in effectiveness about 12% for both teams QBs at New Era this season. Interestingly, if you limit it to15 mph winds or greater (the last 4 home games), it plummets to 300.8ypg/53.5apg and 5.62/att and a whopping 16% drop in QB effectiveness.

Those are the only 4 games with those conditions(15mph+ winds) all season. Does this mean anything,? Not a huge sample and I'm sure looking at other seasons would help massage the data.  It does make sense to the eye, especially when you consider the QBs on both teams are impacted. And, winds at New Era can be pretty tricky to navigate with a pass.

I checked Heinz field this season and was surprised to see mimimal wind impact, usually only a few (3-7mph).

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I guess this as good as any. Someone mentioned the wind being a huge factor at New Era this season,  I did a little stats for dummies. In Bills home games the QBs (both teams) 359.0ypg/59.1apg for an average of 6.07/att. While in Bills road games, again both QBs, 500.5ypg/72.8apg 6.87/att. A pretty significant drop in effectiveness about 12% for both teams QBs at New Era this season. Interestingly, if you limit it to15 mph winds or greater (the last 4 home games), it plummets to 300.8ypg/53.5apg and 5.62/att and a whopping 16% drop in QB effectiveness.

Those are the only 4 games with those conditions(15mph+ winds) all season. Does this mean anything,? Not a huge sample and I'm sure looking at other seasons would help massage the data.  It does make sense to the eye, especially when you consider the QBs on both teams are impacted. And, winds at New Era can be pretty tricky to navigate with a pass.

I checked Heinz field this season and was surprised to see mimimal wind impact, usually only a few (3-7mph).

so much for home field advantage. We've lost 3 home games this season which is pretty lousy.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't see the Bills losing this game unless they do some very egregious things in the turnover department or get really gashed on special teams.  Pittsburgh's offense is pretty bad and our D should be able to do what we did to Denver for the most part.  If we can simply not turn the ball over we should win and win comfortably.

I’d also say that forcing Pittsburgh into 3rd & long situations is paramount. Hodges is more of a check down kind of QB, see what happens when you force him to air it out. I think our secondary matches up marvelously in those types of situations. Keep n extra man in the box, eliminate the run and check downs, build up a lead and then blitz them into oblivion.

17 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’d also say that forcing Pittsburgh into 3rd & long situations is paramount. Hodges is more of a check down kind of QB, see what happens when you force him to air it out. I think our secondary matches up marvelously in those types of situations. Keep n extra man in the box, eliminate the run and check downs, build up a lead and then blitz them into oblivion.

we seem to be damn good at forcing 3rd and 7+

• Like (+1) 1