Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree that the Steeler's have a very good defense that is dangerously opportunistic.  I was just saying that as good as the Steelers are on D they aren't as good as Baltimore's defense.  Having seen the Ravens play the last couple of weeks I think they have the best defense in the NFL.

One of our visiting Ravens fans made a case that since the Poe-birds acquired Peters at the trade deadline (last 6 games) their defense has been a different beast.

I pulled the data and crunched it and he has a case.  Through the whole season, they're 18 ppg ,18 1sts per game, 219 ypg passing, 96 ypg rushing, 1.5 TO/game

Through the last 6 games before yesterday, they were only giving up 13 ppg and 2 TO per game, which would basically have them tied with the Pats for 1st on ppg given up and just behind them on turnovers (Pats are 2.4 TO/game).

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess I'll put this here

McDermott Presser

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204144071805227009

Injury report was just Ty Nseckhe.  No one asked him about Josh's ankle

No one asked him about the report that he needed to be restrained in the tunnel or why he got so heated near the end of the 2nd half

Didn't say much about the offensive performance except that it's usually not one guy and it takes all 11 to make play.

Pretty vanilla.  One game at a time, got to fix stuff, starts with me. 

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204144071805227009

Daboll Presser

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204147506491351040

Talked about Knox being a tough-minded resiliant guy and telling Boras get him ready because we're going right back to him.

Again very vanilla, starts with me, thought Josh settled in as the game went on. 

Said Josh has a lot of responsibility for protections, can't call alert on every play but he did a lot of it.

Again no one asked him about Josh's ankle.

I'll be optimistic here and say no one asked because he didn't show any signs of a problem when he came back in. 

And they didn't take him into the tent on the sideline.  I mean if they had any concern they would have looked at it more closely rather then risk a season ending injury by putting him back in.

As for McD having to be restrained I get it.  The officials were terrible.  And while coaches won't say it I sure as hell will - the missed calls may have cost us the game.  And I saw a replay of that PI on Beasley that kept our last drive alive and if he doesn't knock Bease down that might have been a TD.

But the calls/non-calls that had McD steaming probably were:

* the lack of holding calls on the guy "blocking" Hughes

* the thin skinned unsportsmanlike penalty thrown on Hughes for evidently telling the ref to go back to Baltimore.  That gave the Ravens 15 yards and put the ball at our 4 yard line. 

*  the failure to call 12 men in the huddle on that 3rd down play in which the Ravens scored their 1st TD.  Back Baltimore up 5 yards there and the Ravens can't run the play they did and probably have to settle for a FG.

*  the failure to call PI on the deep throw to Foster.  Even Fouts threw a fit on the broadcast.

NFL officiating is bad and getting worse. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To me this is the kind of game where the Bills should be very conservative on offense.  As others have pointed out the Steeler's are winning games with defensive & ST scoring.  We have to limit the TO's, especially early in the game.  If we want to attack them the 2nd half might be the better time if we're up like 10 - 6. 

There is NO way the Steeler's O should move the ball much against our D.  If the Bills O can score 17 - 20 points we win this game and are in the playoffs. 

And for the record, I don't think the Steeler's defense is as good as the Raven D is.

...disagree...should have stuck with the much better game plans over the last two or three....why play fearful now?.....I missed the memo...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Steelers up to 2.5 point favorites. Seems crazy to me.

I get it.

The Steelers are home and the Buffalo offense just played a game where it looked like they had never seen a blitz before. And guess what the Steelers strength is?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'll be optimistic here and say no one asked because he didn't show any signs of a problem when he came back in. 

And they didn't take him into the tent on the sideline.  I mean if they had any concern they would have looked at it more closely rather then risk a season ending injury by putting him back in.

To be truthful, I think Josh is such a fierce competitor that they would have had to use his OL to get him into the tent for that. 

There was a video shot of them taping his ankle pretty aggressively on the sideline while he had both hands looking at plays on a Microsoft Surface, so presumably they felt like they could do all the ankle exam they needed to do on the sideline while he saw what he needed to see and talked to Barkley and whichever coach that is to his R (Dorsey?).  It's not like it's the "OBJ injury location" heh heh

image.thumb.png.465f53f6b7bb0654b86af394dca28844.png

As for "didn't show signs of a problem", he moved around OK but I don't think he ran significantly.  It had to have been hampering him.  My guess would be he got a shot of Toradol at halftime and couldn't feel it, but who knows where it will be come Weds. 

I guess that's part of the "gamesmanship" not really wanting to advertise to the next opponent something is wrong unless you have to

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Steelers up to 2.5 point favorites. Seems crazy to me.

Not surprising, it’s a bad matchup for the Bills. If the Bills beat the blitz a few times yesterday and come out with a win, they’re favored by at least 3 over PIT. 

ppl got way too excited after Allen looked good against a mediocre cowboys team...the same that even Trubisky humiliated. 

he needs to start picking it up in these last 3 games and prove he is the franchise guy here. If he can't lead us to the playoffs its right back to square one. 

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Buffalo’s D held NE to 16 points even with 4 turnovers. 

so ummm. Not big news. 

Man Matt Parrino is a crack reporter 

Or a reporter on crack 

?

New englands offense is terrible 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

ppl got way too excited after Allen looked good against a mediocre cowboys team...the same that even Trubisky humiliated. 

he needs to start picking it up in these last 3 games and prove he is the franchise guy here. If he can't lead us to the playoffs its right back to square one. 

New englands offense is terrible 

When facing a top defense with talented secondaries, the Bills skill position guys fail to scare anyone. Brown is fast, but not physical. The TE is a rookie that has shown flashes at times, but drops the ball regularly. They still don’t know how to set up / run a screen effectively. Allen will struggle vs this type of defense ( not all teams have the skill to run it effectively though) without improved offensive players. If the problems continue with better players, then I’ll be worried. 

Not that it’s any surprise but Schefter just said both Juju and Connor eyeing return Sunday. They know what time it is. 

26 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Please just beat the steelers. I really don't want our playoff hopes to come down to new England and the jets. 

Exactly. Don’t think the Jets won’t be out to ruin our season if it comes down to that game. We did it to them a few years back when Fitz was there and division games are always unpredictable. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

God I hope so. It’s my wedding anniversary and we will be on vacation in Newport Beach California. Cherry on top to the day would be an easy Bills win.

Congrats! And have you been to Newport before? Probably my favorite place in California.

Apologies if you know all of this already, but Mutt Lynch's is a great beach bar for food/drinks, Stag Bar for late night/pool tables/pizza. Definitely rent some bikes and check out The Wedge!

Anyways hopefully the Bills can gift you a stress-free win!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Congrats! And have you been to Newport before? Probably my favorite place in California.

Apologies if you know all of this already, but Mutt Lynch's is a great beach bar for food/drinks, Stag Bar for late night/pool tables/pizza. Definitely rent some bikes and check out The Wedge!

Anyways hopefully the Bills can gift you a stress-free win!

Thanks for the rec’s! 
please send anymore my way. I’ve never been to Newport but love everything California. My wife is from N. Cali and hope one day to move to the west coast. 
Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1