Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Surprised that so far nobody's mentioned that Pouncey will be back from his suspension this week.

It’s a factor, but I don’t think the Bills D Vs the PIT offense is a matchup that has a lot of Bills fans concerned. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I personally don't get it... this seems like such an easy game for us. Am i completely underrating the Steelers, or do people still not trust josh to do at least as much as he did this past sunday- cause Duck aint scoring 24 points on our Defense... 

Yes people still do not trust Josh.... against a top tier defense. And until he puts in a good game against one of those defenses, that is going to be the feeling.  Denver was the best defense that he looked good against, and that was fairly recent which is encouraging, but I think the Steelers defense is on a higher level and have much more to play for

Bills 20

Steelers 9

the game was never in doubt. 

Bills are the better team here. 

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I personally don't get it... this seems like such an easy game for us. Am i completely underrating the Steelers, or do people still not trust josh to do at least as much as he did this past sunday- cause Duck aint scoring 24 points on our Defense... 

no I am with you. Bills are a better football team and this game should be a Bills win by two scores. 

their Defense isn’t that great when they are not getting their opportunistic turnovers. And their Offense really is trash. 

Edited by MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills 20

Steelers 9

the game was never in doubt. 

Bills are the better team here. 

no I am with you. Bills are a better football team and this game should be a Bills win by two scores. 

their Defense isn’t that great when they are not getting their opportunistic turnovers. And their Offense really is trash. 

I was gonna say 24-10.

but 20-9 works for me, too.

17 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Dabboll hasn't learnt anything all year lol

you saw first hand today how clueless he is. ravens send blitz from the first drive to the last and he didn't make a single adjustment to it. no screens, max protect, TE seam routes, quick slants. 

Dabboll is so out of his depth at OC its embarrassing. 

Or maybe he just doesn't have the personnel yet on Offense that can handle a team loaded with defensive talent.  IMO the Ravens since getting that CB a month ago are the best defense in football. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me this is the kind of game where the Bills should be very conservative on offense.  As others have pointed out the Steeler's are winning games with defensive & ST scoring.  We have to limit the TO's, especially early in the game.  If we want to attack them the 2nd half might be the better time if we're up like 10 - 6. 

There is NO way the Steeler's O should move the ball much against our D.  If the Bills O can score 17 - 20 points we win this game and are in the playoffs. 

And for the record, I don't think the Steeler's defense is as good as the Raven D is.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To me this is the kind of game where the Bills should be very conservative on offense.  As others have pointed out the Steeler's are winning games with defensive & ST scoring.  We have to limit the TO's, especially early in the game.  If we want to attack them the 2nd half might be the better time if we're up like 10 - 6. 

There is NO way the Steeler's O should move the ball much against our D.  If the Bills O can score 17 - 20 points we win this game and are in the playoffs. 

And for the record, I don't think the Steeler's defense is as good as the Raven D is.

I haven't had the chance to read all comments in this thread, so not singling you out just wanted to say...

Living in Pittsburgh, I've seen every steeler game and connected with some media folks too:

1. dont sleep on steeler defense.  they dont have the corners, although Haden is very good, thatbthe ravens or Patriots have, but their front seven and pass rush is the best we will be facing up till now, imo

2. attacking their defense: historically, teams that run spread have had success vs running 12 or 21 personnel.  this year is a bit different, as their combo of watt and Dupree is difficult to block.  Josh is going to need to throw "on time" and be willing to take some quick check downs.  their defense is very aggressive, misdirection and screens can work against them

3.  on offense, duck brings a very different dynamic than rudolph.  duck is a rhythm passer, not a cannon, but solid arm.  he can scramble, if needed, but more like a ryan fitz.  Teams have stacked the box to counter their strong oline and tendency this season to pass short to their rbs.  As they do that, corners typically jam the wrs in man coverage. which is where both duck and rudolph have had success with fade/go routes.  This is where I'd mix up the press vs off man/zone

4.  with juju hurt, I think their most dangerous weapon is diontae Johnson, however hes a rookie and still coming into his own.  james Washington has solid speed, and great catch radius/strength, hes their primary deep threat right now

Bottom line, get them into 3rd and 5+, and minimize the big plays on deep catches or pass interference.  On offense, josh needs to play a game like he did against the titans and hopefully connect on a deep pass

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’m concerned that this will be another jailbreak every time Allen hikes the ball. They got Watt, Dupree and Hayward, arguably a better pass rush than the Ravens. If we protect Allen, we win. If these guys explode into our backfield we will be humiliated.

Agreed. They HAVE to know this. The key to the game is our offense vs. their defense. I’m fully confident in our defense against Hodges. If our offense is not up to the challenge, it will be a long night. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I haven't had the chance to read all comments in this thread, so not singling you out just wanted to say...

Living in Pittsburgh, I've seen every steeler game and connected with some media folks too:

1. dont sleep on steeler defense.  they dont have the corners, although Haden is very good, thatbthe ravens or Patriots have, but their front seven and pass rush is the best we will be facing up till now, imo

2. attacking their defense: historically, teams that run spread have had success vs running 12 or 21 personnel.  this year is a bit different, as their combo of watt and Dupree is difficult to block.  Josh is going to need to throw "on time" and be willing to take some quick check downs.  their defense is very aggressive, misdirection and screens can work against them

3.  on offense, duck brings a very different dynamic than rudolph.  duck is a rhythm passer, not a cannon, but solid arm.  he can scramble, if needed, but more like a ryan fitz.  Teams have stacked the box to counter their strong oline and tendency this season to pass short to their rbs.  As they do that, corners typically jam the wrs in man coverage. which is where both duck and rudolph have had success with fade/go routes.  This is where I'd mix up the press vs off man/zone

4.  with juju hurt, I think their most dangerous weapon is diontae Johnson, however hes a rookie and still coming into his own.  james Washington has solid speed, and great catch radius/strength, hes their primary deep threat right now

Bottom line, get them into 3rd and 5+, and minimize the big plays on deep catches or pass interference.  On offense, josh needs to play a game like he did against the titans and hopefully connect on a deep pass

I agree that the Steeler's have a very good defense that is dangerously opportunistic.  I was just saying that as good as the Steelers are on D they aren't as good as Baltimore's defense.  Having seen the Ravens play the last couple of weeks I think they have the best defense in the NFL.

I guess I'll put this here

McDermott Presser

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204144071805227009

Injury report was just Ty Nseckhe.  No one asked him about Josh's ankle

No one asked him about the report that he needed to be restrained in the tunnel or why he got so heated near the end of the 2nd half

Didn't say much about the offensive performance except that it's usually not one guy and it takes all 11 to make play.

Pretty vanilla.  One game at a time, got to fix stuff, starts with me. 

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204144071805227009

Daboll Presser

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1204147506491351040

Talked about Knox being a tough-minded resiliant guy and telling Boras get him ready because we're going right back to him.

Again very vanilla, starts with me, thought Josh settled in as the game went on. 

Said Josh has a lot of responsibility for protections, can't call alert on every play but he did a lot of it.

Again no one asked him about Josh's ankle.