Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not a shot at you Yolo, but shocking! Knew he would be back for this one. I bet Conner too. Steelers know they need this game. Honestly, I fully trust our defense. It’s our offense vs. their defense that will determine this game. And you can bet they’ll be sending the house at Allen. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Not a shot at you Yolo, but shocking! Knew he would be back for this one. I bet Conner too. Steelers know they need this game. Honestly, I fully trust our defense. It’s our offense vs. their defense that will determine this game. And you can bet they’ll be sending the house at Allen. 

pitts d has 33 to's and 48 sacks.... that's big time. 

very tough test again for the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

The dumb thing about "Allen hasn't beaten good teams" argument is that it's completely possible for Allen to have beaten 3 playoff teams this year, if he can win this Sunday, the 8-5 steelers/titans, and a cowboys team that can still win 9. whether or not he does this has nothing to do with him or us, and everything to do with those teams' last few games. So I'm not really interested in viewing it that way when the only other good team he plays this year is NE. Sure he still needs to have a statement game against a great team, but he had good games against good ones and has only faced NE as far as "great" ones go.

Next year there will be plenty of them with KC, SF, SEA on the table. 

Will be interesting to see how the Bills adjust on offense now that two teams--the Pats and Ravens--have shown the league that the way to beat Josh Allen is to be in his face all game long. He can be effective given time (most QBs are), but he doesn't make good decisions when rushed. In both games he or Daboll went for long balls in the face of the blitz instead of his short hot read (if he had one). The Steelers will be bringing the heat. Will Daboll adjust or not?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I personally don't get it... this seems like such an easy game for us. Am i completely underrating the Steelers, or do people still not trust josh to do at least as much as he did this past sunday- cause Duck aint scoring 24 points on our Defense... 

An easy game? Allen Josh got slammed around for the better part of 3 quarters. The Steelers are even better at getting the QB.

I can assure you, no one at OBD is expecting any easy one this week. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I personally don't get it... this seems like such an easy game for us. Am i completely underrating the Steelers, or do people still not trust josh to do at least as much as he did this past sunday- cause Duck aint scoring 24 points on our Defense... 

It's not about trusting our D to shut down Duck, it's about their defense getting big time sacks / fumbles / picks against Josh in dangerous territory -- that's what has me unsettled anyway. 

If we get behind early against that D, I don't know if Josh can overcome it. Just like this past Sunday. We have to score first and get ahead of them, but it won't be easy... 

16 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

It's not about trusting our D to shut down Duck, it's about their defense getting big time sacks / fumbles / picks against Josh in dangerous territory -- that's what has me unsettled anyway. 

If we get behind early against that D, I don't know if Josh can overcome it. Just like this past Sunday. We have to score first and get ahead of them, but it won't be easy... 

Right, but I guess my thought is that even if josh has the exact same game this week that he did yesterday (seems very unlikely) and the offense can only score 17 points, I would still be surprised to see their offense do anything close to enough to overcome that. 

Also, the whole “who have you beaten” game is way over done, but it is fair to question what offenses the steeelrs have been shutting down. They gave the rams fits, but the rams offense was hot trash at that point. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right, but I guess my thought is that even if josh has the exact same game this week that he did yesterday (seems very unlikely) and the offense can only score 17 points, I would still be surprised to see their offense do anything close to enough to overcome that. 

Also, the whole “who have you beaten” game is way over done, but it is fair to question what offenses the steeelrs have been shutting down. They gave the rams fits, but the rams offense was hot trash at that point. 

I do feel we can shut their offense down. But I'm not sure we can pull away from them if our offense plays like it did yesterday. Probably a close, low-scoring game but I'm hopeful Josh learns from yesterday and gets back on track.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

The defense will be fine vs Duck, but make no mistake ; this game is a terrible matchup for the Bills on offense. Steelers D is right there with the Ravens in scoring D and number one in the league in takeaways. That’s Kryptonite for the Bills offense, as they can’t handle stunts or overload pressures and lack playmakers to make you pay outside of J Browns speed. The Bills D is stout, but don’t generate a ton of takeaways and don’t have many return TDs . Look for a low scoring affair where the Bills struggle to reach 20 points and come up a bit short on the road. 

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

Josh can’t overcome it on his own. His OL and offensive skill players matter too. They’re not very effective vs pressure defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Outfitted with or without a transistor radio? Make that WiFi enabled so you can catch Schopp’s postgame gems? ;)

Oh no. Can't have that, because then the NSA can track me.

THAT is how concerned I am. My concern >>>>>>>>>>>> anybody else's concern.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Duck doesn't have to drive the field to score 24. The Pit D causes havoc and their ST is fantastic as well. Even a Duck led offense can put the ball in the endzone if their D or ST gives him a couple of short fields.

If the Bills don't turn the ball over, they win. Let's see if they can manage that.