Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Kind of shocked Bills are favored.  The home Steelers have won 8 of 10 with second and third string QBs.  

Tomlin is doing a helluva job this year. Maybe his finest yet. But if we can’t beat a team led by devlin Hodges with this defense, I’ll have serious questions about our playoff legitimacy. Yes, they are at home with a great defense, but you have to figure out a way to get this done. Play like it means something. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Doesnt that mean titans or pitt also have to lose a game for that happen?

they are both have only 5 losses so far.

thats why winning next week is big

Without looking, I imagine it's because the Texans and Titans play each other, thus making sure one of those 2 will have 6 losses

Edit: already answered should have kept reading the thread,

Go Bill's

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#&

Click on Bills to Win on ANY of their three remaining games and they are in the playoffs. Don't Worry - Be Happy!

If they lose out they still get in 56% of the time. Not that anybody wants to get in that way...

38 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Kind of shocked Bills are favored.  The home Steelers have won 8 of 10 with second and third string QBs.  

I keep seeing people call a Hodges 3rd string. If Rudolph is benched and Hodges promoted doesn’t that make Hodges 2nd string?

If Rudolph was hurt and that was the reason Hodges was promoted then he’d be the 3rd string QB.

• Like (+1) 2

At the start of the season Pitt quarterbacks were:

rothlesberger

rudolph

josh dobbs 

hodges was cut during preseason and eventually signed to the steelers practice squad.  After the start of the season dobbs was traded and Hodges signed to the team.  Then rothelesberger was injured.  So Hodges was fourth string at the start of the season. 

That defense is playing lights out. TJ Watt is pretty scary. Even more scary if he’s taking on Ford one on one. They better learn from the film of this Baltimore game cause the blitz is coming next week too but it will be much better disguised. Baltimore didn’t even try to hide it lol just lined up and rushed right at us. Pittsburgh is coming from everywhere and Fitzpatrick is just playing centerfield knocking down passes. 

Luckily I like our chances vs the duck. 
If this defense can force Brady into his worst game ever, then contain Lamar mostly, I’d be pretty disappointed if they let up and got beaten by 3rd string duck 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

When’s the last time Buffalo beat Pittsburgh. Not since he 90s I believe. I’m very nervous about this game. Seems like they always have our number. 

Maybe it’s the BBFS in me, but I see us not making the playoffs and losing out 

The Bills are 2-10 all time in Pittsburgh. 1 playoff win 1992, 1 regular season win 1975. So 44 years since the Bills have won in Pitt in reg season. 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Bills are 1.5 pt underdogs everything I’ve seen. 

6 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

big game for Allen

can he step up against a good defense and win the game on primetime? I'm tired of struggling to score 20 points per game with this offense meanwhile the Titans with Tannehill are putting up 30+ points every week for fun. 

Did you miss the previous 3 games ?? And how did Josh do josh do in the biggest primetime game of the season on thanksgiving??

6 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

How do you make it through the day? Sheesh...

coke

6 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Allen has yet to beat a playoff team in his career

Drew Lock today went on the road and beat a playoff team putting up 300+ yards. 

Oooh 300 yds :doh:

You related to Mike Schopp??

5 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

When’s the last time Buffalo beat Pittsburgh. Not since he 90s I believe. I’m very nervous about this game. Seems like they always have our number. 

Maybe it’s the BBFS in me, but I see us not making the playoffs and losing out 

seriously!? What the hell is wrong with you people. How we did against the steelers in the past has nothing to do with this team and this regime. WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS :wallbash:

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Dabboll hasn't learnt anything all year lol

you saw first hand today how clueless he is. ravens send blitz from the first drive to the last and he didn't make a single adjustment to it. no screens, max protect, TE seam routes, quick slants. 

Dabboll is so out of his depth at OC its embarrassing. 

Maybe you should learnt proper grammar.

7 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Where as today the Ravens were the better team, as well as Pitt has been playing I do think we are the better team and should take this. Our d should give them fits. 

I assume you meant:

-  Today the Baltimore Ravens were a better team than us.

-  However, Pittsburgh is NOT as good as the Buffalo Bills and hence we (Buffalo Bills) should be able to win the game next week

-  Our Defense is very good and will give them fits.

Pittsburgh has a very opportunistic defense and leads the NFL in takeaways.  They know to bring Pressure.  Watt has been playing at a high level.  This will be a challenge for our OL.

Pittsburgh has one of the very best OL in football. They give time for the QB to throw. It will be a good test for our DB's to hang in there with their WRs. 

I also assume Conner and JuJU will be back for this game.  

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

I assume you meant:

-  Today the Baltimore Ravens were a better team than us.

-  However, Pittsburgh is NOT as good as the Buffalo Bills and hence we (Buffalo Bills) should be able to win the game next week

-  Our Defense is very good and will give them fits.

Pittsburgh has a very opportunistic defense and leads the NFL in takeaways.  They know to bring Pressure.  Watt has been playing at a high level.  This will be a challenge for our OL.

Pittsburgh has one of the very best OL in football. They give time for the QB to throw. It will be a good test for our DB's to hang in there with their WRs. 

I also assume Conner and JuJU will be back for this game.  

Thanks yes that’s what I meant.

I think head to toe we have a better overall roster than the Steelers. It may be close but I think we squeak it out. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

5 hours ago, Billznut said:

The Bills are 2-10 all time in Pittsburgh. 1 playoff win 1992, 1 regular season win 1975. So 44 years since the Bills have won in Pitt in reg season. 

Bills are 1.5 pt underdogs everything I’ve seen. 

Steelers Vault to 1.5-Point Favorites After Opening as Underdogs vs Bills in Week 15 SNF

By Daniel Coyle in NFL Football — December 8, 2019 8:44 PM PST