Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

In various threads I am hearing both:

1. Win one more game and we are in the playoffs!

2. No, that's not true, it was said in error by the media!

Which is it? There appears to be a path where HOU, TEN, PIT and BUF end up at 10-6. My understanding is that with a 3/4 way tie, head to head is not relevant.

So, what factors guarantee us a playoff berth with one more win?

The bills are in with one more win. Period. 

14 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm shocked the bills are favored. I would have guessed the odds makers would have viewed the teams as equal and make Steelers -3.

It’s a FOURTH.... yes FOURTH string QB. For gods sake the Bills need to win this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

In various threads I am hearing both:

1. Win one more game and we are in the playoffs!

2. No, that's not true, it was said in error by the media!

Which is it? There appears to be a path where HOU, TEN, PIT and BUF end up at 10-6. My understanding is that with a 3/4 way tie, head to head is not relevant.

So, what factors guarantee us a playoff berth with one more win?

I believe HOU loss to DEN plus IND , OAK losses are the factors at work here. If HOU won today, they could have bested Bills at 10-6 due to conference record. TEN or HOU will win division, but the loser would be tossed out by Bills at 10-6. 

Honestly not too worried about this game. My final score prediction is something like 24-10. I think we totally shut down the Steelers offense and their backup QB, and the offense does just enough to slowly pull away. Similar to the Broncos game in a lot of ways. If our offense does exactly what it did today, as bad as it looked it will probably still be enough. The reason we are favored is Vegas is smart enough to see through Duck Hodges.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Honestly not too worried about this game. My final score prediction is something like 24-10. I think we totally shut down the Steelers offense and their backup QB, and the offense does just enough to slowly pull away. Similar to the Broncos game in a lot of ways. If our offense does exactly what it did today, as bad as it looked it will probably still be enough. The reason we are favored is Vegas is smart enough to see through Duck Hodges.

This is how I feel as well.... Hopefully we're not missing something. I just don't see Duck Hodges doing anything. If Our offense can run the ball and play loose, it should be a good game for us. 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Right on cue, here come the Allen haters.

Somebody needs attention.

Same old comments I heard a few weeks ago.. with Kyle Allen, and Minshew and that Denver qb.. some fans on here live play to play with this obsession. I’ve moved on, time To get ready for Pittsburgh 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I think we handle them like we did Dallas. Just dominate and take advantage of their aggressiveness. Allen and Daboll saw it today , learn from it. 

Actually I see this being more like the Denver game. This D holds them under 10 points

Dabboll hasn't learnt anything all year lol

you saw first hand today how clueless he is. ravens send blitz from the first drive to the last and he didn't make a single adjustment to it. no screens, max protect, TE seam routes, quick slants. 

Dabboll is so out of his depth at OC its embarrassing. 

51 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

When’s the last time Buffalo beat Pittsburgh. Not since he 90s I believe. I’m very nervous about this game. Seems like they always have our number. 

Maybe it’s the BBFS in me, but I see us not making the playoffs and losing out 

I don’t think the Bills have won a regular season game @PIT. I still think this one is a loss ; it’s a bad matchup. Bills will have to wait until Jets game to punch their playoff ticket. Winning lots of games earlier in the season makes that possible though. 

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

"Probably still be enough" won't get you very far in today's NFL.  I want my team to have a killer instinct, which we see very little sign of despite the record, i.e. barely enough is not good enough if you want to truly go places.

The Pitt D is up there via DVOA with NE, SF, and BAL. I expect the offense to struggle again. Bills have struggled bad against the top 5 Defenses on the road. But Allen has been better in the road.

We need a win before heading into Gillette. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

The Pitt D is up there via DVOA with NE, SF, and BAL. I expect the offense to struggle again. Bills have struggled bad against the top 5 Defenses on the road. But Allen has been better in the road.

We need a win before heading into Gillette. 

yet they lost 1 road game thus far 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think this game will be an ugly defensive slugfest that isn't going to be good for NBCs ratings

I think both defences will be tough and the score will be in the teens for both teams.

Its 50-50 to me who wins this game. I'm more confident they win in NE then I am them winning in Pittsburgh right now

34 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#&

Click on Bills to Win on ANY of their three remaining games and they are in the playoffs. Don't Worry - Be Happy!

Doesnt that mean titans or pitt also have to lose a game for that happen?

they are both have only 5 losses so far.

thats why winning next week is big

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Doesnt that mean titans or pitt also have to lose a game for that happen?

they are both have only 5 losses so far.

thats why winning next week is big

No. Titans play HOU twice in final 3 weeks, so if TEN is 11-5 that means HOU 10-6 at best. They would lose Tb to Bills . PIT can be 5 seed at 11-5 

• Thank you (+1) 1