Is the Steelers game this week the biggest of the season?

18 hours ago, Braedenstearns said:

A win against the Steelers guarantees us a playoff spot. Seeing they are right under us along with Titians (who we already have the tie breaker with) having a tie breaker with Steelers would be just as important

I think so.... but if they lose to Pittsburgh and NE then the finale with NYJ is bigger 

The Jets fans (and talking heads) have been talking for weeks on WFAN (once they got hot) about possibly spoiling our playoffs hopes being their superbowl, and kind of a revenge for 2015. The result of the first game this season is still sticking in their craw too.They may be sitting guys with injuries by then (maybe they shut Adams or Bell down, I could see that and the former helps a lot if so) but they'll still be playing hard.

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

The Jets fans (and talking heads) have been talking for weeks on WFAN (once they got hot) about possibly spoiling our playoffs hopes being their superbowl, and kind of a revenge for 2015. The result of the first game this season is still sticking in their craw too.They may be sitting guys with injuries by then (maybe they shut Adams or Bell down, I could see that and the former helps a lot if so) but they'll still be playing hard.

The Bills will probably need to beat the Jets to secure their spot, but that’s a team they should beat every time regardless of the Jets motivation level. If they don’t win that game, then they are frauds as far as being a playoff caliber team. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills will probably need to beat the Jets to secure their spot, but that’s a team they should beat every time regardless of the Jets motivation level. If they don’t win that game, then they are frauds as far as being a playoff caliber team. 

Absolutely, much like 04.

Still, there is this part of me that believes there is a window for a team with a very good D and good luck that can get hot at just the right time and win a ring. I never thought the 2011 Giants were that great. Just had a good D and got hot at the right time. Stretch as a comparison I guess.

Please Buffalo, just go beat Pittsburgh!!!

19 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

win this week against Steelers and that Jets game means nothing in terms of Playoffs. Could mean a shot at Division if NE drops either Cincy or Mia (along with losing to us). 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

win this week against Steelers and that Jets game means nothing in terms of Playoffs. Could mean a shot at Division if NE drops either Cincy or Mia (along with losing to us). 

Bobby that's what I am hoping for! My kids are already all excited to be able to stay up Sunday night. God I hope we don't all go to bed pissed off.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

Bobby that's what I am hoping for! My kids are already all excited to be able to stay up Sunday night. God I hope we don't all go to bed pissed off.

I really am thinking it is going to be a relatively easy game. 20-9 Bills. 

Steelers Defense is opportunistic but if they don’t get turnovers they are not that great. 

Their Offense is TRASH. 

Don’t turn it over or allow a big ST play and this game should be Bills easy. Bills ARE the Better team. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I really am thinking it is going to be a relatively easy game. 20-9 Bills. 

Steelers Defense is opportunistic but if they don’t get turnovers they are not that great. 

Their Offense is TRASH. 

Don’t turn it over or allow a big ST play and this game should be Bills easy. Bills ARE the Better team. 

I do believe it.

The Steelers are feeling their oats right now though, it's on the road at night, 2004....I dunno, I'm a Bills fan! You get it!  My confidence in the team hasn't FULLY blossomed yet. XD

Edited by Golden*Wheels

I do believe it.

The Steelers are feeling their oats right now though, it's on the road at night, 2004....I dunno, I'm a Bills fan! You get it!  My confidence in the team hasn't FULLY blossomed yet. XD

I get it. I am just looking at it as a pure matchup perspective. I have watched Every Steeler game as well. Not impressed at all. 

5 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Raise them up right. Don't get pissed off.

:lol:

I was quite calm after yesterday's game. Have been all year.

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Raise them up right. Don't get pissed off.

:lol:

I was quite calm after yesterday's game. Have been all year.

JOE I am REALLY trying. Having kids (and my wife's side-eye on me) always there does make me take a deep breath now and then to try and cool it!

Maybe I messed them up already. The 12 year old hates sports, and the 8 year old is a Bills DIE HARD (he did research on how many teams Frank Gore has played for, for whatever reason he REALLY loves Frank). I got one who doesn't care at all and one who already cares too much! :lol:

Edited by Golden*Wheels

JOE I am REALLY trying. Having kids (and my wife's side-eye on me) always there does make me take a deep breath now and then to try and cool it!

Maybe I messed them up already. The 12 year old hates sports, and the 8 year old is a Bills DIE HARD (he did research on how many teams Frank Gore has played for, for whatever reason he like Frank). I got one how does't care at all and one who already cares too much! :lol:

Hell, I chose to break the cycle. Told my kid to root for the Eagles.

Why on earth would I subject my kid to being a Bills fan?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

go check again. 

remember in 2017 we had the same record with the chargers who crushed us? we got in ahead of them. 

We have the worst SOS in the NFL this season, we aren't winning any tiebreakers this year, its 10 wins or bust for us. 9-7 gets you nowhere. 

It was a 3 way tie breaker, where the three teams didnt all play against one another. Since baltimore was also 9-7, thats why the chargers didnt get to rely on head-to-head tie breaker.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hell, I chose to break the cycle. Told my kid to root for the Eagles.

Why on earth would I subject my kid to being a Bills fan?

Ha! My mother in law lives in NJ , Collingswood. My oldest son visits and so they go over to Philly when they do. He told me Philly was his "NFC team", and then when he saw how much that bothered me, he just said "I think I'm an Eagles fan now".

There may still be teeth marks in my lower lip!!!!

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Ha! My mother in law lives in NJ , Collingswood. My oldest son visits and so they go over to Philly when they do. He told me Philly was his "NFC team", and then when he saw how much that bothered me, he just said "I think I'm an Eagles fan now".

There may still be teeth marks in my lower lip!!!!

Nah. I mean, I REALLY hate the Eagles.

Don't get me wrong. But I don't want anyone else to have to endure what I have the past few decades. :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I dunno about "biggest", but I'd certainly like to see this team beat someone with a winning record.

That would be nice. 

You can't have it both ways.  It either goes by the record the team had when we played them or the record they have now.

The win over the Cowboys counts because they had a winning record of 6-5 when we played them

OR

The win over the Titans counts because while they were 2-3 when we played them, they're 8-5 now

Recognizing neither is just cooking the books to get the result you want